BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: FEBRUARY : 10TH & 11TH CHOCCOLOCCO - DISCUSSION  (Read 17162 times)

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: FEBRUARY : 10TH & 11TH CHOCCOLOCCO - DISCUSSION
« Reply #192 on: February 06, 2017, 09:07:30 PM »
Ok, the dangers of business travel and time in your hotel room after dinner.  I reviewed the latest PDF map for Chocco here - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26835209/CHOC.pdf

Here is a revised suggested route.  We can/will adjust based on conditions and the prevailing preferences of the group. 

Parking to Forney Rd (heading past the rest rooms/showers to your left).  Left on scenic view.  Follow scenic view to Tombstone.  Right on Tombstone, bear right on Rebel Ridge.  First left up (cross Tombstone) to Rubicon.  Take Rubicon to the end, left down bypass. 
Left up Teepee.  At top, left on Rubicon and left down bypass, left to Tombstone.
Follow Tombstone all the way around (left loop).  Tombstone to right on Picnic.  Left on Broadway, right on Boundary, left on redneck to Playground. 
At the top of Playground, left down Broadway, Left on Boundary to Boat Ramp.
At top of Boat Ramp, left on Tombstone, left down Broadway, left on Boundary.
Pass Boat Ramp and check out Hold my Beer or head to the climb on Tombstone or other trails in that section. 
Climb Tombstone and Check out the Rock Slab midway up Tombstone.  At top of either, go left, right on Phoenix, left on Pond Rd.  Follow Pond Rd. to right on Bypass (near Rubicon/Teepee).  Take bypass to scenic view to right on Fizzle to right on Baha to left on Arsenal.  Arsenal to right on Revenge Trail to Hells Revenge.  At top of Hells Revenge, right on Gauntlet, left on Carnage Canyon, right on Gauntlet down to right on Cherry Bomb.

John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #193 on: February 06, 2017, 09:10:11 PM »
Damn, John...it'll feel like NASCAR!
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline beve1661

• Visitor
« Reply #194 on: February 06, 2017, 09:26:27 PM »
well looks like we'll be getting there (camp ground) IDK, about 8ish. As far as rides, IDC, I'll be following wherever u guys go. (dang, that last part sounds like a Brenda Lee song.)
beve1661

Bill

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #195 on: February 06, 2017, 09:57:22 PM »
@clark123456   Dont forget your tires work great on dry steel stuff like this. Ground clearance or not.

Here is a video of Rob from awhile back,it's like boat ramp but dry. Well a lot tougher to get to the slab than boat ramp. It's either backside 1 or 2.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #196 on: February 06, 2017, 10:04:56 PM »
@clark123456   Dont forget your tires work great on dry steel stuff like this. Ground clearance or not.

Here is a video of Rob from awhile back,it's like boat ramp but dry. Well a lot tougher to get to the slab than boat ramp. It's either backside 1 or 2.

I don't think I've seen that before.. Definitely something to seek out. Thx
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline biscuit88

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #197 on: February 06, 2017, 10:15:13 PM »
I will be there Saturday morning.  Please keep me off hells revenge.  I said I would never do it again.  That trail owns me. //LMAO//

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #198 on: February 06, 2017, 10:17:50 PM »
I will be there Saturday morning.  Please keep me off hells revenge.  I said I would never do it again.  That trail owns me. //LMAO//

I can't wait to wheel Hell's Revenge with you!

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #199 on: February 07, 2017, 09:03:35 AM »

Wohoooooo Biscuit!!!!
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #200 on: February 07, 2017, 09:24:57 AM »

I can't wait to wheel Hell's Revenge with you!
Yep, we will rename it to Biscuit's Revenge.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline bigaj234

• Visitor
« Reply #201 on: February 07, 2017, 10:15:35 AM »
Does anybody have an accurate map of the place? It seems like the last time that I was there which was year before last, there was trails that were not even found on the map. Not to mention we had to navigate down a very very steep hill that was a great test of how good my brakes not to mention nerves were.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #202 on: February 07, 2017, 10:20:43 AM »
Does anybody have an accurate map of the place? It seems like the last time that I was there which was year before last, there was trails that were not even found on the map. Not to mention we had to navigate down a very very steep hill that was a great test of how good my brakes not to mention nerves were.

It looks like you need the Avenza stuff, but remember there is a problem with the Avenza relationship with the vendor of the maps, so spend wisely.

http://www.choccoloccomountain.com/MapsDirections.html
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Gerund

• Visitor
  • Jerald -- Lawrenceville
« Reply #203 on: February 07, 2017, 11:09:28 AM »

It looks like you need the Avenza stuff, but remember there is a problem with the Avenza relationship with the vendor of the maps, so spend wisely.

http://www.choccoloccomountain.com/MapsDirections.html

Well, got the map.  Even though I'm not going this time. 

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM