BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: This is going to suck...  (Read 629 times)

Offline Michigunman

• Visitor
Re: This is going to suck...
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2017, 09:52:39 PM »
Looks like Pat is prepping for ......... Showtime!

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Mark
2003 TJ Sport with some mods
1998 TJ with more mods

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2017, 10:13:09 PM »
I don't think it would pull a roller up on a trailer....
I have a 4500 on mine and it worked pulling a
Ford Ranger up the ramps on level ground

Several weeks ago it pulled a 72 Camero up
it on a slight decline with no trouble though
Whoa...are you moonlighting as a car hauler?
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2017, 10:21:21 PM »
ranger was father in laws took to shop
72 Camero was nephew's that has been at
my house for last 18 years....going to retore
again.....this time at his house in Hoschton Ga
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2017, 10:22:52 PM »
What rear suspension are you running?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2017, 11:23:18 PM »

Double triangulated 4 link and air shocks.

I have very little weight in the rear, so steep drop offs make me nervous since they unload. I started to cartwheel once at Golden, and coming down RBD last month at the very bottom the rear slid over. I also know there is a steep ledge at chocco that I plan to hit again, and I don't want to feel like I'm going to roll foward. Here's chocco last year, the rear shocks fully extended and I don't need that to happen in this situation:

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2017, 11:26:25 PM »

I have very little weight in the rear, so steep drop offs make me nervous since they unload. I started to cartwheel once at Golden, and coming down RBD last month at the very bottom the rear slid over. I also know there is a steep ledge at chocco that I plan to hit again, and I don't want to feel like I'm going to roll foward. Here's chocco last year, the rear shocks fully extended and I don't need that to happen in this situation:

I see it unloading badly in the picture. Doesn't pertain to the picture but do you front dual sway bars?

Played with the valving any? I've seen most dedicated crawlers run air shocks. I know some run the winch to force the tire down for traction.

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2017, 11:50:21 PM »

I see it unloading badly in the picture. Doesn't pertain to the picture but do you front dual sway bars?

Played with the valving any? I've seen most dedicated crawlers run air shocks. I know some run the winch to force the tire down for traction.

No sway bars. Very stable side to side, and I can use the front winch to stiff it up and keep it from rolling for the most part, but I cant do anything about the rear unloading at those angles and with no weight. Well, I guess I could go ORI...

And no, I haven't messed with valving or oil, just use what they came with. I may look into those more after I get more seat time
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 11:52:37 PM by patman »

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2017, 11:52:30 PM »

No sway bars. Very stable side to side, and I can use the front winch to stiff it up and keep it from rolling for the most part, but I cant do anything about the rear unloading at those angles and with no weight. Well, I guess I could go ORI...
Why not install the winch for now and play with valving? What brand do you have?

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2017, 11:54:50 PM »

Why not install the winch for now and play with valving? What brand do you have?

I edited my last post, but you quoted too fast lol.
That's the plan, add the winch and run it. Maybe mess with valving/oil at a later date. They're fox 2.0 14" front and rear

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM