BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Is this a smoking good deal?  (Read 3656 times)

Offline SemperFiArms

• Visitor
  • Oremus Pacem, Para Bellum
Re: Is this a smoking good deal?
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2017, 08:09:53 PM »
There was a guy from TN in the Gainesville Academy buying a shotgun. He had a CCP.
My question is
Why is a shotgun acceptable but a handgun not? Both go BOOM!!
My question is in relation to having a carry permit. I wounder how many folks with a valid carry license commit any type of crimes? Police excluded.

Shotguns and rifles can be sold to an out of state or non-resident. Handguns cannot. Stupid ATF rule......
Chris
Improvise, Overcome, Adapt.
Do or Do Not, There Is No Try.

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2017, 10:26:55 PM »
Stupid ATF!!

Offline ATLSRT8

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2017, 11:50:39 PM »
There was a guy from TN in the Gainesville Academy buying a shotgun. He had a CCP.
My question is
My question is in relation to having a carry permit. I wounder how many folks with a valid carry license commit any type of crimes? Police excluded.

Shotguns and rifles can be sold to an out of state or non-resident. Handguns cannot. Stupid ATF rule......

I tried to buy a pistol in Florida with My conceal carry license, they said I had to wait 24 hours to get it. Basically you can't buy it on the spot. I was on a road trip so I passed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SemperFiArms

• Visitor
  • Oremus Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2017, 08:32:11 AM »
My question is

I tried to buy a pistol in Florida with My conceal carry license, they said I had to wait 24 hours to get it. Basically you can't buy it on the spot. I was on a road trip so I passed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that was the case then the dealer there in Florida was about to break the law. Not saying they did offer to sell but I'm just saying they were wrong. Like in my previous post, Stupid ATF rule......

Licensee refers to an FFL holder. I have held an FFL for 13 years and follow these rules very carefully. I quit selling to non-residents with North Carolina drivers licenses 10 years ago when I found them to not be able to speak english.

May a licensee sell a firearm to a nonlicensee who is a resident of another State?

Generally, a firearm may not lawfully be sold by a licensee to a nonlicensee who resides in a State other than the State in which the seller’s licensed premises is located. However, the sale may be made if the firearm is shipped to a licensee whose business is in the purchaser’s State of residence and the purchaser takes delivery of the firearm from the licensee in his or her State of residence. In addition, a licensee may sell a rifle or shotgun to a person who is not a resident of the State where the licensee’s business premises is located in an over–the–counter transaction, provided the transaction complies with State law in the State where the licensee is located and in the State where the purchaser resides.

[18 U.S.C. 922(b)(3); 27 CFR 478.99(a)]

Source:  https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/may-licensee-sell-firearm-nonlicensee-who-resident-another-state
Chris
Improvise, Overcome, Adapt.
Do or Do Not, There Is No Try.

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2017, 09:55:53 AM »
Well, it's a Taurus so .....

A lot better guns for a little bit more money.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2017, 10:29:00 AM »

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2017, 12:03:05 PM »
Consider Taurus like putting a Pro Comp or Sky Jacker lift on your JK.  It will work but...

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2017, 01:15:33 PM »
http://www.basspro.com/Taurus-Model-709-Slim-SemiAuto-Compact-Pistol/product/1310071227/

Taurus Model 709 Slim Semi-Auto Compact Pistol

$219
Kevin has/had the slim. He likes the G2 better. It also holds more ammo.

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2017, 04:58:23 AM »
I have the Taurus 740 slim
Be willing to sell it....
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline cudruln

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2017, 01:35:11 PM »
I would personally stay away from Taurus. For a little more money you can get a better gun. Just my opinion though.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 01:47:08 PM by cudruln »
Alex

Offline 8lugLJ

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2017, 02:16:38 PM »
I would personally stay away from Taurus. For a little more money you can get a better gun. Just my opinion though.

have any of you guys actually had a Taurus that had problems or is all this hate on a manufacturer coming from hearsay and internet commandos?

ive had 4, three new in my name, and i can honestly say ive never had any of them hiccup, fantastic shooters and reliable. the 4th was a pawn shop purchase that unknowingly had been home-gunsmithed to death, but even then Taurus warrantied it and it wasnt even originally bought by me.

now I say all this and i carry either Kimber or Glock, but not even Kimber anymore because it would hiccup every now and then. I do still have the other 3 Taurus and would trust them anytime, face it guys, we are not having to carry them into battle and put tens of thousands of rounds through em, even if I were, id shoot that sucker till it wouldnt run anymore. JMHO. now flame on.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2017, 02:33:24 PM »

have any of you guys actually had a Taurus that had problems or is all this hate on a manufacturer coming from hearsay and internet commandos?

ive had 4, three new in my name, and i can honestly say ive never had any of them hiccup, fantastic shooters and reliable. the 4th was a pawn shop purchase that unknowingly had been home-gunsmithed to death, but even then Taurus warrantied it and it wasnt even originally bought by me.

now I say all this and i carry either Kimber or Glock, but not even Kimber anymore because it would hiccup every now and then. I do still have the other 3 Taurus and would trust them anytime, face it guys, we are not having to carry them into battle and put tens of thousands of rounds through em, even if I were, id shoot that sucker till it wouldnt run anymore. JMHO. now flame on.

I've had 2 Taurus semi-autos and still have a Taurus .38 revolver that is probably 30 or 40 years.  I never had any problems with them but I always considered them a Tier 2 firearm - meaning there is a reason their prices are lower than other top brands.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM