BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Possible Tellico this weekend  (Read 10850 times)

Chris Hyde

Re: Possible Tellico this weekend
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2008, 09:01:58 PM »
Yes, we did that for our night ride on Saturday.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2008, 09:03:21 PM »
Yes, we did that for our night ride on Saturday.

And how was that? I think this is an older map, but it says there are some "most difficult" obstacles on 6...
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Chris Hyde

« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2008, 09:10:57 PM »
Nah, it wasnt bad.  Maybe some "mild/moderate", but nothing that you couldn't do for sure.

Offline R_jeep

• Visitor
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2008, 09:20:36 PM »
i aint fraid of no ghost! still need to get a tc skid. going up to the muffler shop in the morning to get my exhaust welded back together.  man was it useless to try to get that dent out of my rear qp. throw another date out and im in.
Im gay!

Offline yellowxj

• Visitor
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2008, 09:23:14 PM »
We had 3 xj's go out today... mine open on 31x13.5 swampers, brandons welded on 31x11.5 ltbs, wifes locked on 35" trxus mt's...got held up a bit pulling a yj buggy off the entrance of trail 4...poor guy broke down just off trail one,

I tried Guardrail , balanced on the drivers side tires for a second near the bottom, lined up again and failed about 1/2 way up when the tierod made a "V"...I dont think I ever have seen an unlocked front bend a tie rod...brandon made it 1/2 up too when he achieved significant lift under the right front tire and decided on the winch line assist...the wife in her xj made it look easy....go figure...thats kinda her thing...we helped winch over a pair of rollovers, a sami and toy buggy that tried guardrail right after we got up...we hit helicopter and I wound up winching, brandon and the wife drove right up...I'm really wanting to put in some lockers...its been a long time since I wheeled with open diff's....going down schoolbus was fun...wife almost rolled it trying that v shaped wedge climb between heli and schoolbus...we only had one camera but I think there area some great pics on it....

total carnage...
mine...tail light, tie rod
brandons...powersteering failing going down schoolbus, significant rocker rumpling,
michelles...bent b pillar, little rock rash on fender
I hope I get to trail ride this year.

Chris Hyde

« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2008, 09:24:07 PM »
Juan, we have a check in thread in thread for Tellico at the end of June.  We are going to Mountainside on June 6th - 8th.  Its gonna be more fun than Tellico from what I hear.

Chris Hyde

« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2008, 09:26:31 PM »
...wife almost rolled it trying that v shaped wedge climb between heli and schoolbus

So did Michelle make it up V-Notch or was she coming down?

Offline yellowxj

• Visitor
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2008, 10:22:12 PM »
...wife almost rolled it trying that v shaped wedge climb between heli and schoolbus

So did Michelle make it up V-Notch or was she coming down?
trying to go up...straddling it...but slipping down onto the passenger side....then backing out raising a rear tire WWAAAYYYY up in the air...its where she got the bent b-pillar and dent in the fender
I hope I get to trail ride this year.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2008, 10:07:59 AM »
I looked for you guys on Sunday, hung out at fains ford for a few hours and let Briggs play and eat lunch. I attached a map showing what is closed. I drew red where it's closed. This is a good map, recent.

[attachment deleted by admin]
I've grown tired of this.

BigJerm

« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2008, 11:34:40 AM »
well atleast 4 is open. i think that was where the little rock ledge is that we went to on our night ride last year

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2008, 12:05:50 PM »
You are gonna hit some big stuff right? Night ride 6 - 4 - 5. Not real exciting but it's a ride. I am for sure wanting to put a night ride up schoolbus to heli to guardrail!!!! Be cool at night!
I've grown tired of this.

BigJerm

« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2008, 12:15:52 PM »
Night ride 6 - 4 - 5. Not real exciting but it's a ride.

that might take awhile. Last year we did 5 up to the ledge on 4 and that took a few hours with a line of rigs to do and we didnt get back to camp till after midnight

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM