BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Poison Spyder Hawse Fairlead  (Read 2357 times)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Poison Spyder Hawse Fairlead
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2017, 09:48:02 PM »
I'll take it then. I'll have to snag a rope at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had a group by of some Chinese rope for ~100 each a while back. I haven't had any issues with it yet.

You running that as your winch line? 

Yup. Had to run synthetic since it pulls (get it?) double-duty as a suck down on the front.

The main complaint I've heard from any cheaper synthetic line is that some are more UV resistant than others. Since mine is a garage queen, I don't foresee any issues.

Awesome. I may spoil mine up. Remember what it was rated for?  Sorry for jacking thread, but it looks like your fair lead is sold. Also, I may be interested in selling my current synthetic to you Chris if you are interested.

Could be, when you looking to get rid of it? What's it look like, worn, frayed, etc?

No real timeline. It broke in Moab, so it's shorter. It's not perfect, but i don't question it. You can check out next ride if your going.
WTF:  you're telling someone the thing you're selling broke and you're looking to replace it. 
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2017, 10:05:35 PM »

We had a group by of some Chinese rope for ~100 each a while back. I haven't had any issues with it yet.

Yup. Had to run synthetic since it pulls (get it?) double-duty as a suck down on the front.

The main complaint I've heard from any cheaper synthetic line is that some are more UV resistant than others. Since mine is a garage queen, I don't foresee any issues.

Awesome. I may spoil mine up. Remember what it was rated for?  Sorry for jacking thread, but it looks like your fair lead is sold. Also, I may be interested in selling my current synthetic to you Chris if you are interested.

Could be, when you looking to get rid of it? What's it look like, worn, frayed, etc?

No real timeline. It broke in Moab, so it's shorter. It's not perfect, but i don't question it. You can check out next ride if your going.

Probably not interested in a rope that has already broken.

And doubt I'll be able to make the April ride, nieces birthday, and my sister in law is having her baby that weekend.

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2017, 10:07:54 PM »

And doubt I'll be able to make the April ride, nieces birthday, and my sister in law is having her baby that weekend.

I have the other half of @Raisinhead  s rope. In theory you can splice them back together and have the whole thing :)

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2017, 10:10:09 PM »

I don't. There is a thread on here somewhere...

Disclaimer: my jeep weighs less than yours. And I haven't actually had to use it for self recovery since I don't get stuck.

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2017, 10:13:35 PM »

I have the other half of @Raisinhead  s rope. In theory you can splice them back together and have the whole thing :)
Ha, I like it. Is that some kind of redneck ingenuity? I think I'll hold out for one whole piece.

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2017, 10:16:16 PM »
Ha, I like it. Is that some kind of redneck ingenuity? I think I'll hold out for one whole piece.

I wouldn't give us that much credit

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2017, 10:19:00 PM »

I wouldn't give us that much credit

Haha, nope. I would only switch out cause my other piece is red and longer. If I sold it, it'd be cheap.
Jay

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2017, 07:08:46 PM »
@Chris36l Going to Caffeine & Octane?  I can bring this there.

I was planning on it until I saw this ride at Choccoloco on Saturday. Still waiting to see if anyone is going to that. But if I don't go Saturday, I'll definitely be at C&O on Sunday.

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2017, 07:32:33 PM »
I'm running the Chinese one that Doug sold.  It was rated at something like 17k IIRC.  I've used it several times now without issues.

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2017, 08:11:46 PM »
@Chris36l Going to Caffeine & Octane?  I can bring this there.

I was planning on it until I saw this ride at Choccoloco on Saturday. Still waiting to see if anyone is going to that. But if I don't go Saturday, I'll definitely be at C&O on Sunday.

OK.

@BigMike , Facebooks says you are going to the St Judes ride?

Not going to make it now.  Cracked thermostat housing that I need to fix.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM