BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Taxes  (Read 410 times)

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
Taxes
« on: March 30, 2017, 07:26:11 AM »
I made a comment in another post about the government punishing achievement and rewarding mediocrity.  I want to clarify what I meant by mediocrity.

That isn't anyone that gets a tax refund. I'm all for everyone paying as little tax as possible.

Mediocrity is someone that doesn't perform to the best of their ability and do everything they can to move their station in life forward.  Someone that sits around bitching they don't make enough money but doesn't get the training or education to acquire new skills. It's the person that wants $15 an hour to flip burgers (then they get a $5000 refund using the EITC).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: Taxes
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 07:55:14 AM »
(Un)earned Income Credits provide that many low income earners with dependents get credit for more than they paid in, and they get the balance in a refund.  They receive more back than they paid in Federal taxes.  It's a transfer of other peoples money to lower wage earners.

Offline Gerund

• Visitor
  • Jerald -- Lawrenceville
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 08:19:30 AM »
One could argue that everybody does better when everybody does better.  Increasing demand results in more people keeping their jobs and producing.  Putting money into people's pockets means that they are going to spend it.  It's going to come back to the companies providing goods and services.   

It's an argument I use to alleviate the pain of owing taxes nearly every year even with declaring zero. 

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 08:29:31 AM »
I don't mind paying my fair share. I just don't want to have to pay for someone else's as well. And I do not like paying school taxes, especially when the schools suck and I don't have kids.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 09:19:29 AM »
I don't mind paying my fair share. I just don't want to have to pay for someone else's as well. And I do not like paying school taxes, especially when the schools suck and I don't have kids.

I'm kind of surprised by this.

Jay

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2017, 09:23:45 AM »

Closet Republican

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 09:40:41 AM »

Closet Republican

Why? because I am a left leaning Independent? I am fiscally conservative and socially liberal. I am more Libertarian than anything. I'd rather my taxes go towards green space, and the arts. I think drugs should be legal and we should tax the hell out of em to run rehab clinics and other social programs. I don't care who you marry or who you sleep with.  I think the Fed should defend the country and trade and stay the hell out of everything else.  Taxes should only be on consumption. I shouldn't get taxed on what I earn when paid, and then taxed 3 more times, and then taxed for dying.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2017, 10:04:12 AM »
This is what I believe...

John
Tube chassis/buggy

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 10:16:07 AM »
This is what I believe...

/>

Man, such a classic!
Jay

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2017, 10:29:20 AM »

Closet Republican

Why? because I am a left leaning Independent? I am fiscally conservative and socially liberal. I am more Libertarian than anything. I'd rather my taxes go towards green space, and the arts. I think drugs should be legal and we should tax the hell out of em to run rehab clinics and other social programs. I don't care who you marry or who you sleep with.  I think the Fed should defend the country and trade and stay the hell out of everything else.  Taxes should only be on consumption. I shouldn't get taxed on what I earn when paid, and then taxed 3 more times, and then taxed for dying.

Fair tax all the way!!!!

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2017, 12:01:38 PM »

Closet Republican

Damn...I agree!
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM