OTHER INTERESTS > Getting in shape

Getting in shape 2017 / 2018

<< < (58/58)

BigMike:

--- Quote from: jd30005 on September 13, 2018, 12:29:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: BigMike on September 13, 2018, 12:23:07 PM ---
Nice job!

I just got back from vacation and was afraid to weigh LOL. Hit the gym hard today and back to eating healthy. Need to cut way back on alcohol.  I’m focused!

--- End quote ---
Sounds like you won’t need those two bottles of Blantons.  I’ll take them off your hands so you’re not tempted.

--- End quote ---

Very generous offer! 

Blue J:
I got diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes 3 months ago and committed to making a major overhaul in my life.

I started at 269 and am now down to 245...24 lbs. I stopped eating bread, rice, tortilla's, chips, crackers. I have a protein smoothie in the morning and maybe some almonds ( 100 calories worth) a salad and a soup or veggie burger at lunch and a low carb meal at dinner. It feels a lot like starving. I'm back into size 36 pants from 40's, though and that's the important thing.

I still occasionally eat meat like chicken or fish but most days I'm vegetarian.

I started running on the treadmill and elliptical 3-4 days a week and joined Planet Fitness.

Reading ya'll successes really helped to motivate me to give it my all. The Diabetes and realization that I needed to stop fuckin around. Did a lot as well.

My goal is 220 and to start running 5k's, and to get off the Diabetes med's.

thetastelingers:

--- Quote from: Blue J on November 15, 2018, 11:50:44 AM ---I got diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes 3 months ago and committed to making a major overhaul in my life.

I started at 269 and am now down to 245...24 lbs. I stopped eating bread, rice, tortilla's, chips, crackers. I have a protein smoothie in the morning and maybe some almonds ( 100 calories worth) a salad and a soup or veggie burger at lunch and a low carb meal at dinner. It feels a lot like starving. I'm back into size 36 pants from 40's, though and that's the important thing.

I still occasionally eat meat like chicken or fish but most days I'm vegetarian.

I started running on the treadmill and elliptical 3-4 days a week and joined Planet Fitness.

Reading ya'll successes really helped to motivate me to give it my all. The Diabetes and realization that I needed to stop fawkin around. Did a lot as well.

--- End quote ---

A friend at work got diagnosed with type 2. He cut out ALL sugar. He dropped about 30 pounds, got to stop taking his high blood pressure medicine, High cholesterol medicine, AND reversed his diabetes diagnoses.
It's a lifestyle change.

Good luck man!

tcdawg:

--- Quote from: Blue J on November 15, 2018, 11:50:44 AM ---I got diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes 3 months ago and committed to making a major overhaul in my life.

Reading ya'll successes really helped to motivate me to give it my all. The Diabetes and realization that I needed to stop fawkin around. Did a lot as well.

--- End quote ---

keep up the good work Jimbo, it will be worth it

Blue J:
Ran a 5k on 01/01/19 and Ran 2 - 5k's in December.

Committed to running at least one 5k a month for this year. Not looking forward to to the warmer months but its a goal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version