BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Getting in shape 2017 / 2018  (Read 15866 times)

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Getting in shape 2017
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2017, 11:16:58 AM »
 I am done with working out till the middle of January of 2018 and Novembers AOP will be my last ride till then too. Going to really watch my eating habits and stay on top of things till then. I have some much needed back surgery scheduled on November 14th. The doctor said I will be 100% by the middle of January and nothing should stop me from going back to Jiu-jitsu/Judo/Weightlifting/Cardo at that time.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2017, 12:02:13 PM »
Good news. Hope it goes quickly.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2017, 04:36:18 PM »
I am done with working out till the middle of January of 2018 and Novembers AOP will be my last ride till then too. Going to really watch my eating habits and stay on top of things till then. I have some much needed back surgery scheduled on November 14th. The doctor said I will be 100% by the middle of January and nothing should stop me from going back to Jiu-jitsu/Judo/Weightlifting/Cardo at that time.

I hope it all goes perfect with easy recovery!

I thought you wrote you were all done working until the middle of January and I was jealous.  Had to reread.

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2017, 05:30:28 PM »

Good luck with all of that!

Also, I know a guy in Harlan that would love to talk to you about Jiu-jitsu.
Jay

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2017, 05:36:46 PM »
Our thoughts will be with you Larry...
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2017, 05:48:31 PM »
Larry, take care of your back, you can always catch back up working out.  Good idea to eat clean while recovering.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2017, 08:35:52 PM »
Larry,

I'll work out for ya until mid-January and then you can takeover from there lol.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2017, 08:30:35 AM »
Well i started working out again this morning. Its been nearly 5 years since i've done anything in the gym and i can really tell. A little backstory for anyone who cares. Growing up i was always fat. At 22 i decided to do something about it and started working out. Over the next 9 months i went from a sloppy fat 245 to a skinny 180. I felt great and had alot of stamina but i was also 22. I worked out pretty solid for the next 5 years progressively building muscle and getting stronger. Around 26 years old I was around 210 pounds at my strongest and healthiest. The next 2 years i focused less on cardio and more on lifting as much as possible. At my biggest i was around 270 pounds but still had plenty of muscle but i wasnt really any stronger than when i was 210.  When saydee was born i basically quit all together.  I basically haven't done anything in the last 5 years. Honestly the most exercise i get is wheeling once a month and i feel like crap. Oh and as of this morning i was 246.

My goals at this point are to just be healthy and be able to enjoy life with ashley and saydee. Im not concerned with getting strong but i want to feel strong again if that makes sense. Wish me luck and please ask me how working out is going when you see me and if i say i haven't been going give me hell so i will start back. 

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2017, 10:10:24 AM »
Well i started working out again this morning. Its been nearly 5 years since i've done anything in the gym and i can really tell. A little backstory for anyone who cares. Growing up i was always fat. At 22 i decided to do something about it and started working out. Over the next 9 months i went from a sloppy fat 245 to a skinny 180. I felt great and had alot of stamina but i was also 22. I worked out pretty solid for the next 5 years progressively building muscle and getting stronger. Around 26 years old I was around 210 pounds at my strongest and healthiest. The next 2 years i focused less on cardio and more on lifting as much as possible. At my biggest i was around 270 pounds but still had plenty of muscle but i wasnt really any stronger than when i was 210.  When saydee was born i basically quit all together.  I basically haven't done anything in the last 5 years. Honestly the most exercise i get is wheeling once a month and i feel like crap. Oh and as of this morning i was 246.

My goals at this point are to just be healthy and be able to enjoy life with ashley and saydee. Im not concerned with getting strong but i want to feel strong again if that makes sense. Wish me luck and please ask me how working out is going when you see me and if i say i haven't been going give me hell so i will start back.
Stay at it man, you will get back there again.

I'm slowly working back into running and dead lifts as long as my knees will play along.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2017, 10:44:01 AM »
It's hard as heck to get back in the program, but it is worth it.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2017, 11:37:58 AM »
Wish me luck and please ask me how working out is going when you see me and if i say i haven't been going give me hell so i will start back.

I'm not good at giving you a hard time, but I'll do my best.

Seriously, once you get in the groove you'll likely get back to enjoying it.
Jay

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2017, 08:12:50 AM »
Surgery was yesterday and I am home. The doctor said I would hurt like hell for the first 3-4 days, pretty sure he "under sold" it.  Drugs are keeping the sharp pain at bay but damn it's like having the worlds worse bone bruise at the base of your spinal column and a torn muscle at the same time.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM