OTHER INTERESTS > Grillin' & Chillin'

Applebee's in Dawsonville

(1/6) > >>

Big Dave:
A long running joke in my house has been, if you see a "help wanted" sign- don't go there. Well.....

Tonight we went to dinner @ Applebee's & as we pulled up my daughter noticed the sign. We stopped anyway.

I asked the waitress what IPAs they had on tap. Her response was Budwieser. Lol. Strike one.
I felt froggie & ordered a October Fest beer. I thought it was weird. It's not fall.
They bring out a Sweetwater 420. Sweet!!! Strike two.
She comes back to our table not once, not twice, not three times but....... 4 fawking times to ask us to verify our order. Strike five.

We polity ask the manager to do a welfare check on her. Seriously. My wife thinks she's on drugs & I figure she just having a VERY bad first day BACK on the job after a 3 month vaca. 

To top it off
1. The guy behinds us orders a Bud light & gets a Sweetwater
2. The folks beside oder tea & gets? Yeap, a Sweetwater. 
3. I get one also on the house because they obviously have too much on tap.
4. Manager tells us that the appetizer we didn't order or get will be on them as well. Told him we didn't get a appetizer & he tries to offer us desert.

DO NOT GO THERE.

Although the food was great so we left her 20%. Poor girl needs meds or something.

jd30005:
I've been to an Applebee's once and that was one time too many.  Sorry to hear about your debacle.

clark123456:
It's a joke with my friends..."who wants to go to Applebees"...crickets.

I used to go to one at least once every weekend for about 6 years when I was in high school and my first tour of duty in college.  Great fries, great beer...good times.

I haven't been there since the early 2000s...and unless they do something extremely special, I won't go back.  Things can change, since I recall when I wouldn't go to a chili's or Taco Mac, but lately both have done a good job of becoming mediocre.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Raisinhead:
A few years ago I offered to take a client in Kansas out to eat for lunch.  She suggested Applebee's, so I went.  Terrible. Now I joke about it with other clients. I am better at swaying that decision to be more mutually beneficial.

Big Dave:
We've been 3 times before in the past to this location but she  was off da chain.
The Applebee's in Gainesville was a great place to meet singles (just ask my x wife). But I haven't been there in 15 years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version