BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Hale Mountain OHV April 7-9  (Read 6907 times)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Hale Mountain OHV April 7-9
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2017, 07:29:20 AM »
True, that last trail was epic, but there's always next year

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2017, 10:44:32 AM »

I'll be okay. I'm sure I'll see pics from this trail soon. I haven't seen my small roommates in a week, so wanted to eat dinner with them.
Jay

Offline ranier1315

• Visitor
    • Flameshots Photography
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2017, 11:19:00 AM »
Do you mean the left handed Alabama metric socket set?

Nope. Haven't seen it. LOL
Marc, Tracy, Jordan, and Tyler Allen

"Some women are like scooters, you have fun ridding them, you just wouldn't want your buddies to see you ridding them......" - A very wise man.

Offline Gerund

• Visitor
  • Jerald -- Lawrenceville
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2017, 12:21:00 PM »
Had a good time.  Mark was a great lead and even got us through a black diamond (with liberal use of winch and tow ropes).  His son was taking pics, so there should be some pictures up on the forum soon.

In terms of carnage, nothing from Hale.  Seems my cruise control found a gremlin - engine light came on and codes states transmission control.  I lost everything but second gear.  Freaked out a little.  Reset the computer last night and took a test drive.  Worked fine. Figured if I didn't use cruise control I had a chance of getting home.  Avoided the interstate and babied it.  Almost made it.  Got through 204 miles before lost everything but second gear again.  This time it was when it downshifted while braking.  Was able to limp the last 7.5 miles home.    Looks like AS gets to keep it for awhile.

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2017, 04:18:26 PM »
5 speed swap?

Offline Gerund

• Visitor
  • Jerald -- Lawrenceville
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2017, 05:47:31 PM »
5 speed swap?
Yeah, the entire way home I was thinking that I wouldn't be having this problem with a manual. 

Online tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
Hale Mountain OHV April 7-9
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2017, 06:20:35 PM »

That last trail Saturday afternoon really was a good one. We crawled the heck out of it for sure!!  And, I got redemption on the one ledge that I bounced so hard on 2 years ago and blew out my rear ring gear. It was Black Trail 1 - TC 0 but now it's 1-1!!

No pictures Jay. Too busy wheeling.

Really great weekend.  Absolutely perfect weather, trail conditions were very good and the Gatr crew, as always, was nothing but good times. 

The rock garden was really fun and cool that we found a line for our group to conquer. The waterfall was pretty fun as well, I gave it all I had but just wasn't there.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 06:23:35 PM by tcdawg »

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2017, 06:46:56 PM »
Like everyone said, epic weekend wheeling. I decided to get I it this trip and take on the hard trails. I was able to get through almost all of it with only a couple bypasses.

The first trail we hit on Saturday we weren't 20 minutes out and a log took out one of my valve stems. Tony and Clark had the amazing tool to insert the stem from the outside of the rim. Got a new one installed and we were on our way.

I really need to get those 37s and beadlocks and I should be set for a while.

Thanks to Don for the awesome pig roast Friday night.  The man was exhausted and still came through for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2017, 06:48:17 PM »
i had a great time also, still getting used to wheeling with the new shoes, but lots of really really great trails.   got some door damage, pass side soft door got bent, so trying to figure out how to bend it back.  :(  besides that, some great scaring on the new wheels and the tires held up nicely, a few marks and trail rash but all in all they held up very well.

thanks to all those that lead groups, its a hard job.  we did a cool river bed and some narly downhill crawls. 

looking forward to the nxt ride.

i have some pic, i will post them up tomorrow.  need to get them off my phone.
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2017, 09:57:13 PM »
i had a great time also, still getting used to wheeling with the new shoes, but lots of really really great trails.   got some door damage, pass side soft door got bent, so trying to figure out how to bend it back.  :(  besides that, some great scaring on the new wheels and the tires held up nicely, a few marks and trail rash but all in all they held up very well.

thanks to all those that lead groups, its a hard job.  we did a cool river bed and some narly downhill crawls. 

I still have those soft lowers if you need them

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline Greysducky

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2017, 11:39:05 PM »
I had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone that I got a chance to. This place was more challenging for me than AOP but I found that new challenges in a Jeep can be real easy. My son was so excited throughout the weekend that he is talking about getting an old TJ of his own.
   We went with Mark and he found ways to challenge us at every turn and always was making sure we felt good about doing it. He took a short black diamond trail and I decided to try it also, got up the most of it but had to be winched up the very end. Finally broke some of those quality plastic fins on my rims and just missed taking a part a fender off.  Definitely need more time on challenges like that to learn better throttle control.
    So, if anyone is selling 35's anytime soon I'm in the market. I thinks it's time to put my old 17" stocks rims to work with 35's on them. Needing a lift of some sort too so I can fit new shoes on it.
  Thanks again to everyone and thanks to Chris for giving the encouragement to do the black diamond trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2017, 05:31:16 AM »

I still have those soft lowers if you need them

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

sending u a PM
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE