BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: If you're tired of keeping​ a secret...  (Read 2520 times)

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: If you're tired of keeping​ a secret...
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2017, 09:33:13 AM »
I think Sam's axles arent full width, they're slightly shorter. Not an issue with 39s, he just can't run big boy tires until his next axle swap.
He just upgraded, dang.  due another one?

There are a lot of guys running 40+ on those Ultimate axles, I don't understand...

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2017, 09:34:46 AM »
#not43's

Bigger than 40's

Mine aren't even 40's but they are sticky. I hope these are just as sticky as i will probably sell mine and go to a 40. (can't fit a 42.9 due to axle width). I noticed at hale there were a few places where @tcdawg had the clearance to get over stuff where i had to take a different approach to make it.
Sam...please explain the axle width comment.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The frame on a jk gets alot wider right near the firewall. My 39's at full lock rub the frame hard already. 42.9's would be really bad and probably also get into the sheet metal at the back of the wheel opening. @Doug and @BigPrince aren't your axles 72" wide? Mine are only 69" wide.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2017, 09:37:12 AM »
#not43's

Bigger than 40's

Mine aren't even 40's but they are sticky. I hope these are just as sticky as i will probably sell mine and go to a 40. (can't fit a 42.9 due to axle width). I noticed at hale there were a few places where @tcdawg had the clearance to get over stuff where i had to take a different approach to make it.

The frame on a jk gets alot wider right near the firewall. My 39's at full lock rub the frame hard already. 42.9's would be really bad and probably also get into the sheet metal at the back of the wheel opening. @Doug and @BigPrince aren't your axles 72" wide? Mine are only 69" wide.
Well, we'll see how this works on a TJ frame.  The ultimate 60s have a 6.75" throw where the normal full width has a n 8"throw.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2017, 09:40:22 AM »
#not43's

Bigger than 40's

UD60s are 69.5" wms, stock is 68.5", Superduty's are 72".  Sam would need spacers or less bs (believe he's at 4") for steering clearance.  As well, to run more than 40s on a JK, you have to run no fenders, metalcloak overlines, or run no fenders and cut a lot of the body.  To clear the Pitbulls on 72" wms, 4"be Racelines, AS had to roll my rear body line, run a lot of bump, and cut the corners off my grille.
Btw, your rig looks nice on those Treps...I saw it this morning.  They claim those tires are 14.5" wide, but definitely not at the tread.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2017, 09:40:46 AM »
#not43's

Bigger than 40's

Well, we'll see how this works on a TJ frame.  The ultimate 60s have a 6.75" throw where the normal full width has a n 8"throw.

Im sure you will be fine with the tj width. @Doug i don't see how they are doing it and not hitting the frame hard. once the longarm is complete im going to push the front axle as far forward as possible so that may help. I could also go to a lower backspace wheel when and if i switch.

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2017, 09:42:23 AM »
#not43's

Bigger than 40's

UD60s are 69.5" wms, stock is 68.5", Superduty's are 72".  Sam would need spacers or less bs (believe he's at 4") for steering clearance.  As well, to run more than 40s on a JK, you have to run no fenders, metalcloak overlines, or run no fenders and cut a lot of the body.  To clear the Pitbulls on 72" wms, 4"be Racelines, AS had to roll my rear body line, run a lot of bump, and cut the corners off my grille.

i believe stock is 65" wide and the ultimate 60 is 69".

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2017, 09:44:27 AM »
#not43's

Bigger than 40's

You're cutting anything in the way so you should be good.
Hell, I'll throw on spacers if required...those tires are going to fit!

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2017, 10:00:59 AM »
i wonder what the concerns are about running wheel spacers and such big tires. I know 1 ton trucks run them alot and i've seen bouncers run them. Im sure for what we do they would hold up fine.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2017, 10:07:56 AM »
i wonder what the concerns are about running wheel spacers and such big tires. I know 1 ton trucks run them alot and i've seen bouncers run them. Im sure for what we do they would hold up fine.
I imagine leverage on the hubs and more importantly, the ball joints....but a knowledgeable answer would be better to have.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2017, 10:14:28 AM »
Funny story that @BigPrince will enjoy. When i was purchasing my axles it was between the ultimate 60's and the dynatrac 60/60 combo. I told david at northridge that i wanted dynatrac to price them at 72" width. He basically told me i was crazy for ever wanting anything that wide and i would have all sorts of issues. blah blah blah. He also said everything would be custom and i was looking at over 20 grand. His unwillingness to help is what Ultimately (see what i did there) led me to my current axles. Then like a month ago i see dynatrac now has a 72" wide axle they offer. He also got pissy when i told him i bought the axles through allsouth.

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2017, 10:19:20 AM »
#not43's

Bigger than 40's

Red is a little better than a trep in the sticky side of things.

Can run a kr3-s. It's a 40" tire. It would be like the sidewall of a trep but the compound of a red. 

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2017, 10:30:59 AM »
The 42" Treps measure in at 41.25" tall @ 25 psi (This is Don's front tire with the weight of his JKU sitting on them)
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM