BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Georgia governor signs campus gun measure  (Read 2771 times)

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
Re: Georgia governor signs campus gun measure
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2017, 01:06:50 PM »

I think all the govt age stuff is pretty close to where it should be, although I do 110% think the age and requirements for driving licence is bogus, I think it is far too easy to get licence and keep them. BUT, my view is a bit off this week, as i have a FTW attitude bc the 16 yo that killed my best friend and best man at my wedding last summer got off with probation, bc he was 16 and they didnt want to "ruin another life" with jail time.

Damn.  Sorry to hear that Justin.  Don't know the details and don't really need to know.  Two guys are gone and that's a tragedy. 

Offline zrxmopar

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2017, 01:27:18 PM »
How would it become law if he didn't sign it or vetoed it again?

You thinking over ride?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The Govenor can sign a bill, veto a bill or do neither.  If he does neither by a certain date, I forget the date, the bill becomes law automatically. 
The governor has six days to sign or veto. If he does neither it becomes law.
Shaun
ºlllllllº 2008 JK
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 24v
2022 Yamaha MT10

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2017, 02:02:02 PM »
Never enough for some people
True for me...just like my view on alcohol and tobacco age limits, there should be no age limit for guns.  Responsibility should be held by the individual, or their guardian...not the government.
I've always said that if you old enough to join the military & die for your country you are old enough to consume alcohol.

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2017, 02:04:42 PM »
I agree....it was 18 when I was young anyway
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline SemperFiArms

• Visitor
  • Oremus Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2017, 10:54:23 PM »
Never enough for some people
True for me...just like my view on alcohol and tobacco age limits, there should be no age limit for guns.  Responsibility should be held by the individual, or their guardian...not the government.

there ya go @clark123456 lets lower the drinking and gun ownership age to 16 and not give em drivers licence till 21. thatl fix alot.  //nlnnn//

I didn't know we had the //nlnnn// symbol...thx for the education.

I can't tell if we are generally aligned, or if you think we should have higher age limits on alcohol, tobacco, and guns.

Arbitrary age limits don't make any sense sometimes. Think about an army or Marine personnel who has spent one or or two tours over in the sand box but is still under the age or 21 and they cannot legally purchase or carry a pistol. How f**ked up is that. I have the same feeling about the alcohol issue as well. How ever if someone (no matter the age) abuses either of the above and causes harm upon another then they need to be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law.

Chris
Improvise, Overcome, Adapt.
Do or Do Not, There Is No Try.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM