BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Towns Lake douchebags  (Read 594 times)

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
Towns Lake douchebags
« on: May 25, 2017, 09:33:08 AM »
So the Villages at Towne Lake told homeowners there are only 23 days of the year that they can fly the American Flag.  I can't wait to see who the board members are where they are from.  Either a bunch of pansy assed Liberals or they weren't born in the US.  Quite frankly, I would be concerned for my personal safety if I was on that HOA board.  WTF is this country coming to?

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/woodstock/woodstock-hoa-puts-limits-on-displaying-us-flag/442291507

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
Re: Towns Lake douchebags
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 09:41:30 AM »
There's a Federal law that prevents an HOA from enforcing such a rule.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 09:42:11 AM by kvom »
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 09:44:24 AM »
thats a prob. with HOA.  they can do some good, but when u get folks in that push their will vs the homeowners.   its one thing to keep folks from parking crap on the street or keep their yard mowed, its another when they start becoming picky. 
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 09:47:40 AM »
I fly the DTOM flag. But I'm just a pansy ass liberal. Don't come through my door, uninvited, or the last thing you hear will not be the racking of the gun. I'm glad I don't have to deal with an HOA.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 10:02:22 AM »
Another prime example to own a house and some property and no HOA! If someone said I could not fly a flag in my yard I would go  //monk//
I've grown tired of this.

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 10:13:37 AM »
I'm on the board of our HOA, but we are very lenient. I'd fight the hell out of that.

Being on the other side, you'd be surprised about some of the things people complain about. Too many adult children around.
Jay

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 10:26:04 AM »
Jay, the allure of an HOA is notable as it seems to keep things nice and tidy but I always thought the idea of someone telling me I could not do something as simple as have a different mailbox than everyone else seemed totally ridiculous to me (yes, true story). But I get it... but I would never be able to live in an HOA community. Dues, rules... ha ha. I work with a guy who is the HOA president of a huge community near the mall of GA and he is always telling me ridiculous stories. I don't know how he puts up with some of these people. I am sure you two could swap war stories  //;D//

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 10:33:17 AM »
Jay, the allure of an HOA is notable as it seems to keep things nice and tidy but I always thought the idea of someone telling me I could not do something as simple as have a different mailbox than everyone else seemed totally ridiculous to me (yes, true story). But I get it... but I would never be able to live in an HOA community. Dues, rules... ha ha. I work with a guy who is the HOA president of a huge community near the mall of GA and he is always telling me ridiculous stories. I don't know how he puts up with some of these people. I am sure you two could swap war stories  //;D//

Oh I get it! I'd prefer to live on some land with no neighbors, but the neighborhood thing is nice too sometimes. Neighborhood pool is perfect for our family too. Our neighborhood is mature with decent sized yards and they/we aren't nit picky at all.

For the record, I was put on the spot to join the board and was fully against it, but fell to the pressure.
Jay

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2017, 10:34:34 AM »

Oh I get it! I'd prefer to live on some land with no neighbors, but the neighborhood thing is nice too sometimes. Neighborhood pool is perfect for our family too. Our neighborhood is mature with decent sized yards and they/we aren't nit picky at all.

For the record, I was put on the spot to join the board and was fully against it, but fell to the pressure.
So many want so few can have

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2017, 10:35:51 AM »
I had a co worker years ago that was railing on his HOA president. He'd been fined because one shingle near the ridge of his very steep roof wasnt straight.

A few months later, I'm talking to a customer and he tells me that he's the HOA president for the neighborhood my buddy lives in... Needless to say I kept my mouth shut.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2017, 10:43:37 AM »
It is definitely not for everyone. My next house will have acreage and no visible neighbors. The goal is to be able to hunt and live off the property with some farm animals and such. Might be too old by then though ha ha.

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2017, 11:13:41 AM »
If I live in a neighborhood, I want an HOA.  I don't want broken down cars in driveways or yards, pink flamingos, etc.

With that said, there is too much overreach.  When I put up a fence last year, I have to get it approved by the HOA.  No Problem.  They need to regulate the design of fences according to guidelines.  I had heartburn when they told me I had to get sign off from my neighbors.  I told them I'd do it, but if any of them didn't sign off on it I'd be bringing a lawsuit against them and the HOA. I should have approved it the month before when I was on the HOA.  :)

We had a guy paint his house a sick looking bright blue which was only the dormers and back since houses are 3 sided brick.  It clashed with the whole neighborhood.  He didn't get the color change approved and the HOA made him get it repainted.  I'm all for that.  When you buy in an HOA neighborhood, you agree to abide by the rules.

When I was on the HOA, we had a guy always park his pickup in the street as it was a third vechicle.  They hounded him about parking it in his driveway or they'd fine him.  I warned the other members that the streets are public and they have no power to fine anyone parking in the street.  They can only encourage him to park in his driveway. 

We're looking for 5 to 10 acres in GA/NC mountains now to build our retirement home.  I won't have to worry about any HOA drama. 

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM