BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Towns Lake douchebags  (Read 598 times)

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
Re: Towns Lake douchebags
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2017, 11:51:48 AM »
I had some backlash from neighbors when I added on my shop, but the only result was I had to state I wasn't going to operate a business in it.  Of course I had to comply with the architectural standards in force.

A recent brouhaha came up about whether homeowners could have garden sheds in their yards, with a couple of vehement objections being raised at meetings.  The subject was tabled for a "study", so I don't know what will happen on that topic.  We also had a case where one homeowner painted his brick, which was technically against the rules although it could be argued either way.  That was settled by stating that others could also do so as long as the color was approved by the board in advance.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2017, 01:10:52 PM »
Jay, the allure of an HOA is notable as it seems to keep things nice and tidy but I always thought the idea of someone telling me I could not do something as simple as have a different mailbox than everyone else seemed totally ridiculous to me (yes, true story). But I get it... but I would never be able to live in an HOA community. Dues, rules... ha ha. I work with a guy who is the HOA president of a huge community near the mall of GA and he is always telling me ridiculous stories. I don't know how he puts up with some of these people. I am sure you two could swap war stories  //;D//
I'm like you Ben. Hoa are a nozi little coult telling you how to live. I refuse to live in one. 

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2017, 01:14:23 PM »
^ yes. Or maybe the neighborhood has been around for years.  Trees are grown, decent sized yard, etc
Jay

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2017, 02:47:45 PM »
I had a co worker years ago that was railing on his HOA president. He'd been fined because one shingle near the ridge of his very steep roof wasnt straight.

A few months later, I'm talking to a customer and he tells me that he's the HOA president for the neighborhood my buddy lives in... Needless to say I kept my mouth shut.

That wasn't Steve was it?
Indeed

Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2017, 09:12:30 PM »
We got a fine from the HOA we're in now for parking in our driveway lol. Its only for ingress and egress ro rhe garage.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2017, 09:45:14 AM »
We got a fine from the HOA we're in now for parking in our driveway lol. Its only for ingress and egress ro rhe garage.

That's the Shiz I'm talkin about... Just damn stupid!
I've grown tired of this.

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2017, 10:53:11 AM »

Sounds like bullshit to me.  I'd challenge it.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM