BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Crazy Atlanta stuff  (Read 1210 times)

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Crazy Atlanta stuff
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2017, 10:01:27 PM »
I see your point but I intend to walk away.

I guess I need to watch the video before responding any further. I was commenting on the comments not the video.

Offline Michigunman

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2017, 10:22:28 PM »
If you show a gun, you use it, you use it to kill. 

You don't Pull it and not use it - a bad guy will take it and kill you.
You don't shoot to scare - someone else / the bad guy will shoot to kill and kill you.

Once you've escalated the fight to using a gun, you no longer play games. 

Like you said before, choose words carefully.  Shoot to stop threat, not to kill.

We are getting off in the weeds now.
Mark
2003 TJ Sport with some mods
1998 TJ with more mods

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2017, 10:29:25 PM »
I've always felt like the only reason to ever pull your gun is to shoot and kill someone Not to wound or scare them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Michigunman

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2017, 10:44:14 PM »
I've always felt like the only reason to ever pull your gun is to shoot and kill someone Not to wound or scare them.

Again, I will respectfully disagree.  You should shoot to stop the threat.  Granted that may likely end in someone's death.  Death is not the goal though, stopping the threat is.
Mark
2003 TJ Sport with some mods
1998 TJ with more mods

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2017, 12:33:40 AM »

You don't Pull it and not use it

I said the same thing last year when Bear pulled his on the young guys that showed a bat or whatever.  I was basically called a p*ssy if I remember.  It seemed to be fine to teach them a lesson that way...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2017, 08:56:10 AM »
If someone kicks in my windshield with knife in hand they are getting shot (at).  Unless they immediately retreat.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Agree. You are protecting property & arguably your life. 

FYI - protecting property doesn't allow for the legal use of lethal force.  Choose your words if the time comes (or don't say anything)

Unless they are in the act of committing a felony, then it does allow for it I believe.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2017, 10:39:16 AM »
If someone kicks in my windshield with knife in hand they are getting shot (at).  Unless they immediately retreat.

FYI - protecting property doesn't allow for the legal use of lethal force.  Choose your words if the time comes (or don't say anything)

Unless they are in the act of committing a felony, then it does allow for it I believe.

You cannot shoot a guy carrying out your home safe or TV.  You or someone else has to be in immediate danger of bodily harm. 

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2017, 10:50:07 AM »

You cannot shoot a guy carrying out your home safe or TV.  You or someone else has to be in immediate danger of bodily harm. 

Danger to Life, limb, eyesight, and rape are the only exceptions as far as I know. 

After u shoot, find a kitchen knife, place in his hand, call police.  i dont see an issue their
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2017, 11:51:31 AM »

Danger to Life, limb, eyesight, and rape are the only exceptions as far as I know. 

After u shoot, pull down his pants, place it in his hand, yell rape.  i dont see an issue their

Wow Kent.
sorry, just thinking.   "what would Don do in this situation?"  and that seemed to be the only logical outcome. 
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2017, 12:29:52 PM »

Again, I will respectfully disagree.  You should shoot to stop the threat.  Granted that may likely end in someone's death.  Death is not the goal though, stopping the threat is.
If you shooting to slow them down, your not in "fear of your life" then. If they are moving slow, they can still hurt you.  Better neutralize the threat. You can tie them up. That's a form of neutralization.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2017, 12:51:13 PM »
http://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-16/chapter-3/article-2/16-3-24

[size=2rem]2010 Georgia CodeTITLE 16 - CRIMES AND OFFENSESCHAPTER 3 - DEFENSES TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTIONSARTICLE 2 - JUSTIFICATION AND EXCUSE§ 16-3-24 - Use of force in defense of property other than a habitation[/size]O.C.G.A. 16-3-24 (2010)16-3-24. Use of force in defense of property other than a habitation (a) A person is justified in threatening or using force against another when and to the extent that he reasonably believes that such threat or force is necessary to prevent or terminate such other's trespass on or other tortious or criminal interference with real property other than a habitation or personal property:(1) Lawfully in his possession;(2) Lawfully in the possession of a member of his immediate family; or(3) Belonging to a person whose property he has a legal duty to protect.(b) The use of force which is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm to prevent trespass on or other tortious or criminal interference with real property other than a habitation or personal property is not justified unless the person using such force reasonably believes that it is necessary to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.[/font][/size]
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 12:52:26 PM by BigMike »

Offline Cleveland99

• Visitor
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2017, 02:36:54 PM »
http://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-16/chapter-3/article-2/16-3-24

[size=2rem]2010 Georgia CodeTITLE 16 - CRIMES AND OFFENSESCHAPTER 3 - DEFENSES TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTIONSARTICLE 2 - JUSTIFICATION AND EXCUSE§ 16-3-24 - Use of force in defense of property other than a habitation[/size]O.C.G.A. 16-3-24 (2010)16-3-24. Use of force in defense of property other than a habitation (a) A person is justified in threatening or using force against another when and to the extent that he reasonably believes that such threat or force is necessary to prevent or terminate such other's trespass on or other tortious or criminal interference with real property other than a habitation or personal property:(1) Lawfully in his possession;(2) Lawfully in the possession of a member of his immediate family; or(3) Belonging to a person whose property he has a legal duty to protect.(b) The use of force which is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm to prevent trespass on or other tortious or criminal interference with real property other than a habitation or personal property is not justified unless the person using such force reasonably believes that it is necessary to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.[/font][/size]
OCGA 16-3- 21     Also goes along with 24 as well probably all tie into each other for different scenarios.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM