BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: If you could do it all over again...  (Read 988 times)

Offline Bruce

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: If you could do it all over again...
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2017, 07:46:05 AM »
do it all over again

#1, have time to use my TJ
since that isn't happening
#2, build a JKU to drive where ever

#2 isn't having very quickly because of the time factor, again

So If I were to do it over again, I would find more time to enjoy the jeep
Bruce
03 TJR
04.5 Dodge CTD
05 LJR
2017 JKU

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2017, 09:36:33 AM »
the LJ is my 3rd what i call non-bolt-on build, a few before that that were all off the shelf stuff, but im still trying to figure out whats better capability vs. drive-ability (streetable). I built it to camp, dd, and wheel out of, but now all i wanna do is chop it up and go tons, completely making a liar out of my 2 yr ago self when i said "ill never go more than d44s" what an ass  //LMAO//

btt, the LJ fits my intended goals at the start of the build, but wont do the lines i wanna do with the 40+ crew, so fml. I see it all the time, but isnt the hard truth they are never truly "done" .. Even if you can satisfy what you want in a rig then you will just get bored with what you have //WTF// Moral of my rambling, everyone needs a couple rigs at least.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2017, 10:08:15 AM »
the LJ is my 3rd what i call non-bolt-on build, a few before that that were all off the shelf stuff, but im still trying to figure out whats better capability vs. drive-ability (streetable). I built it to camp, dd, and wheel out of, but now all i wanna do is chop it up and go tons, completely making a liar out of my 2 yr ago self when i said "ill never go more than d44s" what an ass  //LMAO//

btt, the LJ fits my intended goals at the start of the build, but wont do the lines i wanna do with the 40+ crew, so fml. I see it all the time, but isnt the hard truth they are never truly "done" .. Even if you can satisfy what you want in a rig then you will just get bored with what you have //WTF// Moral of my rambling, everyone needs a couple rigs at least.

Justin I felt the same way after looking through my
pictures and saw my 44 axle's with 37's from Moab.

Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2017, 10:55:33 AM »
Well, it is a good point to bring up about being streetable. I know I would not want a dedicated trail rig to just sit in my yard while not using it. I still enjoy driving my jeep and using it to head to the mountains on a trip or just cruise around. I have a lot less than most in my Jeep but it still does everything I ask it to and more. It still surprises me where I can go on my little 35's. But having a "smaller" tire just makes it more fun IMO. Gives me a challenge and keeps me from doing dumb things. The older I get I can look at a trail and say nope, I got nuthin for that and I am ok with that. I have nothing to prove anymore  //;D//
I've grown tired of this.

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2017, 11:08:36 AM »
I did the reboot with the LJ and love where it's at now. After having the TJ, I knew exactly where to draw the line at to keep the LJ a DD and not a trailer queen. I still need to buy some Racelines to meet that goal of being a sold DD. The weld on bead locks suck for dding. In November/December, I plan on moving on to next stage of the build and start buying parts for the 5.3/4l60/Atlas swap. It's never done.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM