BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Woodstock GA  (Read 3101 times)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Re: Woodstock GA
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2017, 11:17:12 PM »
I think we'll just rent a house for a year before we buy something.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2017, 06:19:08 AM »
I live in Forsyth county, north of Roswell.  Lower taxes than Fulton.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2017, 08:19:00 AM »

Seems to be a pattern! 

Are they matching your CA $500k working wage salary?   //rtft//

Another thing about DunHOODY, its mostly in DEKALB COUNTY.

Wait, Chuck, did you say where you'e going to work, commute to? EDIT ROSWELL, Perfect, new train there? From downtown?  Perfect! NO!)

You guys would love living near downtown Roswell but live in East Cobb:

« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 08:21:52 AM by Doug »

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2017, 09:16:07 AM »

Another thing about DunHOODY, its mostly in DEKALB COUNTY.

Dunwoody is completely in Dekalb.  Dunwoody incorporated as a city in 2015 so some areas that we use to call Dunwoody are now no longer Dunwoody.  They are now Chamblee or Sandy Springs

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2017, 09:26:50 AM »
So back on topic:

So is the whole area around Alpharetta, Roswell and East Woodstock similar to each other?

Chuck
the areas of Alpharetta, Roswell and East Woodstock are extremely similar. Lots of nice neighborhoods with many price points to choose from, tons of shopping and restaurants, close to the highway.  Good schools, which may not matter to you but that helps with property values.  East Cobb has the best schools.  Woodstock/Cherokee County and Fulton County are likely equal.

Roswell is Fulton County and will have the highest property taxes. There is a portion of Roswell that is just a mailing address that is in Cobb County(called either Roswell or East Cobb), they will have the lowest taxes.

East Woodstock is in Cherokee County and has similar taxes as Cobb but I also pay Woodstock City Property Tax.

If you were to work in a location in Roswell, any of the areas of Alpharetta, Roswell, East Woodstock, Crabapple Mountain Park or Milton would give you a pretty easy commute.  Sandy Springs, south of Roswell in Fulton County and Dunwoody, also south of Roswell in Deklab County would also give you a great commute.  Sandy Springs is OK, I lived there years ago but it is very congested and busy.  Dunwoody has some great neighborhoods but I would never recommend someone move into Dekalb County....an absolutely terribly run County.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2017, 09:52:05 AM »

Just rent. No need to buy with your track record of moves. Makes no sense to commit.
I've grown tired of this.

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2017, 10:02:00 AM »
So back on topic:

So is the whole area around Alpharetta, Roswell and East Woodstock similar to each other?

Chuck
the areas of Alpharetta, Roswell and East Woodstock are extremely similar. Lots of nice neighborhoods with many price points to choose from, tons of shopping and restaurants, close to the highway.  Good schools, which may not matter to you but that helps with property values.  East Cobb has the best schools.  Woodstock/Cherokee County and Fulton County are likely equal.

Roswell is Fulton County and will have the highest property taxes. There is a portion of Roswell that is just a mailing address that is in Cobb County(called either Roswell or East Cobb), they will have the lowest taxes.

East Woodstock is in Cherokee County and has similar taxes as Cobb but I also pay Woodstock City Property Tax.

If you were to work in a location in Roswell, any of the areas of Alpharetta, Roswell, East Woodstock, Crabapple Mountain Park or Milton would give you a pretty easy commute.  Sandy Springs, south of Roswell in Fulton County and Dunwoody, also south of Roswell in Deklab County would also give you a great commute.  Sandy Springs is OK, I lived there years ago but it is very congested and busy.  Dunwoody has some great neighborhoods but I would never recommend someone move into Dekalb County....an absolutely terribly run County.

Lots of solid info here! I can tell you that if you find a house that's not over priced in some of these areas, it'll likely go under contract within a few days.

Side note: I have a friend that is a realtor that specializes in this area if you don't have one. She is awesome!
Jay

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2017, 12:16:11 PM »
Looks like my deal is on hold. My old boss's middle kid (22 or 23 yrs old) had a motor cross accident last sunday and broke his back in several places and is paralyzed from the waist down.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 12:17:15 PM by Trailabite »
Chuck & Sherry

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2017, 12:20:08 PM »
Looks like my deal is on hold. My old boss's middle kid (22 or 23 yrs old) had a motor cross accident last sunday and broke his back in several places and is paralyzed from the waist down.

Damn that sucks.  Prayers for them. 

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2017, 01:13:08 PM »
Man, that's terrible. Prayers from us.
Jay

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2017, 03:15:28 PM »
Sorry, man. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2017, 01:48:33 PM »
I can't post anything on FB yet, but we have struck a deal. We're moving back to Atlanta. Shoild be there sometime around the week of July 24th.

Chuck & Sherry

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM