OTHER INTERESTS > Grillin' & Chillin'

My Big Green Egg

(1/6) > >>

flashover101:
I have spent most of my adult life cooking on the vast variety of grills like most of you. The money spent is unimaginable. Until I finally found the Big Green Egg. Some swear by it and others loathe it. The company was founded in 1974 in Tucker, GA by Ed Fisher.  For the past 21 years, I have served  as a firefighter in DeKalb County and most of the stations use a grill that was donated by the BGE store off of Lawrenceville Highway.
My direction will include my experiences both positive and negative and I hope that not only can I learn from each of you. I am by NO MEANS and expert nor a chef but some of the men and women I know in the Fire Service are the most talented and well fed people on the planet!
My first topic is size (yeah, she was right!) it DOES matter!

The Large Egg I own will comfortably cook 6 chicken breasts or 2 racks of ribs. There are plenty of sizes to choose from so based on your needs is how you should choose.

Second topic which I will expand on later is equipment. In order to start cooking food at a slow rate, the diffuser plate is a must. I also recommend the ceramic grill plate.  Remember, if you're Looking, you ain't cooking

I look forward to questions and comments. My plan is to speak about my past experiences with all types of dishes to include:
Pizza
Bread
Cheese
Pork
Beef
Chicken
Fish
and so on and so on!
You can cook it ALL on the BGE because it's ALL about the amount of wood charcoal and temperature.
I'm already hungry!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jango:
Following!

Raisinhead:
Post up some of your cooks!! Do you have any favorite/signature dishes? 

Chris36l:
Following!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flashover101:

--- Quote from: Raisinhead on June 14, 2017, 11:56:10 PM ---Post up some of your cooks!! Do you have any favorite/signature dishes?

--- End quote ---
Oh yeah! I'll post and take pics as I cook them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version