BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: JUNE 17TH : THE COVE - pictures and stories  (Read 6035 times)

Offline Jango

• Visitor
Re: JUNE 17TH : THE COVE - pictures and stories
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2017, 08:04:49 AM »
Just wanted to say "Thanks" to everyone that showed up, nice group we even had some 1st timers..   appreciate all the kindness , my son felt welcomed.  thanks again.   he got sick just after lunch, ..  he does not like the bouncing around, but he came at MY request, he knows i like it, I wanted to play a bit more but toward the end his patience was wearing thin....  along with he had thrown up i think, gave his something to settle his stomach once we hit pavement, he was still feeling poor.  so thats kind of why we bolted.  took him back to the room, after his shower he rested a bit, and then felt 100% better. 

I think Ben put it best..  if your riding and not used to it, u can kind of feel beat up, all the moving around and jerking..  anyway.. 

thanks again for the ride, even if I did'nt get to see the big cave, i enjoyed the company.. as always, being with like minded, folk is alot of the fun, and seeing everyone enjoy themselves is always good...    maybe if we get to go again we can get make it to the big cave, but its still a nice ride,..   

See you all at.  Golden.. GATR fest....  woot!

Sorry to hear that but it was nice of him to join for a fathers day weekend!

It was great fun for me and my friend to be out in the woods with a great crowd.
-Connor (Jango... the D is silent and invisible)

Online lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2017, 08:25:07 AM »
Can someone please give me the name of the guys whose house we parked at and facebook link to him?
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2017, 09:49:08 AM »
Can someone please give me the name of the guys whose house we parked at and facebook link to him?

Tom is his name. There is a FB page somewhere. Just try searching coppengers cove? As for the trip it turned out great. Weather went form 60% rain to 0% and was beautiful. Water was not too high at the deep crossing either. We met at Tom's and found out that Tom had hurt his clutch foot so we were guideless. Larry and I took pics of his topo map and listened to directions but as you know in the cove directions are kinda useless because the directions they give are turn left, go thru the pine grove, turn down into this creek and then turn again at the bottle in the tree... makes for a great easter egg hunt if you have the time. So we took off in search of the big cave. Never found it but we did find another cave to explore and had lunch there. The cool air certainly was welcome coming out of the cave. You could see your breath inside. We then left out to find the cave again and no luck. Spent 7 hours or so riding in and out of the river and over some good terrain. Hope everyone had fun and sorry we never found the big cave but I had a ton of fun. Thanks to AJ for trying to lead us to the cave with the guys GPS coordinates. Hope to someday find the cave but either way I saw one cave on this trip. My wife had a blast and was all into the wheeling and scenery. Funny part she now wants a jeep to come out and ride ha ha. And she wants a 4 door ha ha. Maybe I can get out more often this way so cool by me. All in all great day other than the total lack of respect for the GATR Captain ;) I found my driver hub unlocked at the most inconvenient time in the river and was stuck for a bit due to it not working... and I had a shoe stealer. All in good fun but watch yo backs ha ha.
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2017, 11:46:46 AM »
good place to play right before we exited.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2017, 12:01:24 PM »
Funny part she now wants a jeep to come out and ride ha ha.

And she wants a 4 door ha ha.

Oh this is good

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2017, 12:02:34 PM »
Yeah... but it will never happen.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2017, 12:30:38 PM »
Yeah... but it will never happen.

when the wife wants something to happen

It happens

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2017, 12:37:05 PM »
The wife better find atleast $15,000 then. No payments kinda family here.

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2017, 01:02:59 PM »

when the wife wants something to happen

It happens
Amen to that. 
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2017, 02:23:58 PM »

Haha, I can't wait for you to get your JKU! Does she go to the store a lot? She might be managing a healthy a mwsp....
Jay

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2017, 02:34:53 PM »
This might happen... in 5 or more years. Unless we can buy something outright with cash, we don't buy it. We will not have another car payment ever again. I have 3 vehicles all paid for and we vowed to never again have another payment. Simple really. The only debt I have is my student loans and the house. No CC debt, no other loans... we learned a huge lesson many years back where we owed $45,000 in CC debt. We busted hump and sacrificed for 2 hard years and paid it off. So once you go thru something like that you certainly look at money a little differently. She has no idea what kind of money is involved with this hobby and we have bigger goals in our sites than a 4 door jeep.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2017, 02:36:39 PM »

Haha, I can't wait for you to get your JKU! Does she go to the store a lot? She might be managing a healthy a mwsp....

And I have NO idea what mwsp stands for...

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM