OPEN RIDES & EVENTS > Past Rides : Pictures, Discussion, & Carnage

JUNE 17TH : THE COVE - pictures and stories

<< < (10/12) > >>

Krawler00:

--- Quote from: lt99ls1 on June 21, 2017, 12:34:27 PM ---I am heading back up there next month with some locals around here. My secondary goal after having a good time is to start nailing down the locations of the great trails, dry creek bed runs and locations of the caves. I think it will take about a dozen trips to sort it all out.

--- End quote ---

It definitely would take a good number of trips to map it out. It took us all day to get where we exited and still were aways out from the old church. Somebody needs a GPS tracker and a topo map like Tom had and we could make a map. Next thing would be to make actual signs giving you some sort of direction. Unless you know somebody who knows the place it can be overwhelming to locate anything.

Krawler00:

--- Quote from: BigPrince on June 21, 2017, 02:29:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: Krawler00 on June 21, 2017, 02:18:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: lt99ls1 on June 21, 2017, 12:34:27 PM ---I am heading back up there next month with some locals around here. My secondary goal after having a good time is to start nailing down the locations of the great trails, dry creek bed runs and locations of the caves. I think it will take about a dozen trips to sort it all out.

--- End quote ---

It definitely would take a good number of trips to map it out. It took us all day to get where we exited and still were aways out from the old church. Somebody needs a GPS tracker and a topo map like Tom had and we could make a map. Next thing would be to make actual signs giving you some sort of direction. Unless you know somebody who knows the place it can be overwhelming to locate anything.

--- End quote ---

Add signs and watch the facebook ding bats swarm in.

--- End quote ---

That's why there are none I would imagine. But there needs to be some sort of markers in certain areas. Simple colored arrows to certain areas. Not like we have at private parks.

tcdawg:

--- End quote ---

hit me up when you do, I would love to tag along.  Missed this ride and will miss the Windrock ride too

kent10sne1:

--- Quote from: tcdawg on June 21, 2017, 02:35:00 PM ---

--- End quote ---

hit me up when you do, I would love to tag along.  Missed this ride and will miss the Windrock ride too

--- End quote ---

I may be willing to sneak up nxt month again to help out.

lt99ls1:

--- Quote from: tcdawg on June 21, 2017, 02:35:00 PM ---hit me up when you do, I would love to tag along.  Missed this ride and will miss the Windrock ride too

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: kent10sne1 on June 21, 2017, 02:46:10 PM ---I may be willing to sneak up nxt month again to help out.

--- End quote ---
Sunday, July 16

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version