BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Cancer caused by smoked meat  (Read 1477 times)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Cancer caused by smoked meat
« on: July 04, 2017, 10:51:09 AM »
I ate at Dreamland bbq with a friend yesterday.  I like Dreamland because they have a pretty high concentration of bark in the chopped pork sandwiches; however, my friend avoided the bark claiming it causes cancer.  As usual, I stated I'd rather live a shorter life and enjoy it than to avoid the things that make life worth living (and worry about it).

First hit from Google, and now I'm just going to stick to uncooked meats and veggies:
https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/diet/cooked-meats-fact-sheet

Btw, the bbq was fantastic!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
Re: Cancer caused by smoked meat
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 11:01:01 AM »
You should probably stop driving too. Much better likelihood of death than smoked meats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Oscar_Mike 2013

• Oscar Mike OG
  • Visitor
  • We might be friends, but I will still correct you!
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 11:23:13 AM »
I had a really long paragraph rant that I was going to post but decided to delete it.
If they don't like America, MOVE. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
So new to this that I don't even know what to ask!!!!
Richard Russell

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 11:54:51 AM »
I had a really long paragraph rant that I was going to post but decided to delete it.

I surely didn't mean to imply it was an America vs the world event, just posting one person's crazy concern.

I had to listen to a barrage of pro- Trump, anti-Democrat, anti-Obama, anti-Islam crap a lot this weekend...plus Some ignorant talk about Sharia law replacing the constitution in America...

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Oscar_Mike 2013

• Oscar Mike OG
  • Visitor
  • We might be friends, but I will still correct you!
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 12:17:51 PM »
Never took yours as an implication of such, just seems lately, more people are attacking the American way because they read some stupid shit on the inter webs.

So new to this that I don't even know what to ask!!!!
Richard Russell

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 12:28:28 PM »
I think it's more about people trying to impose their ways upon other people. Be it democrats, republicans, tree huggers, gays and so on. It all makes me sick. I think if you have time to worry about smoked meat causing cancer you need to get something more important in your life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2017, 12:35:04 PM »

I surely didn't mean to imply it was an America vs the world event, just posting one person's crazy concern.

I had to listen to a barrage of pro- Trump, anti-Democrat, anti-Obama, anti-Islam crap a lot this weekend...plus Some ignorant talk about Sharia law replacing the constitution in America...

I wasn't there! But i like your friends.

And i ate a lot of smoked meat this weekend.  Butts. Bacon. Steaks. Veggies too.

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2017, 04:03:02 PM »
I make meatloaf every week. I absolutely love the burnt $#!+ in the pan. But I hear its cancerous. Gotta die of something.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2017, 07:04:24 PM »
I ate at Dreamland bbq with a friend yesterday.  I like Dreamland because they have a pretty high concentration of bark in the chopped pork sandwiches; however, my friend avoided the bark claiming it causes cancer.  As usual, I stated I'd rather live a shorter life and enjoy it than to avoid the things that make life worth living (and worry about it).

First hit from Google, and now I'm just going to stick to uncooked meats and veggies:
https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/diet/cooked-meats-fact-sheet

Btw, the bbq was fantastic!

That's a double whammy when eating red meat.

According to the World Health Organization (WHO) red meat is listed as a class 1 carcinogen, which is the same list that cigarettes are on.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 07:05:45 PM by Trailabite »
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM