OTHER INTERESTS > Grillin' & Chillin'

Cancer caused by smoked meat

<< < (2/2)

Anvilsam:
I think it's more about people trying to impose their ways upon other people. Be it democrats, republicans, tree huggers, gays and so on. It all makes me sick. I think if you have time to worry about smoked meat causing cancer you need to get something more important in your life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DOUG:

--- Quote from: clark123456 on July 04, 2017, 11:54:51 AM ---
--- Quote from: Oscar_Mike 2013 on July 04, 2017, 11:23:13 AM ---I had a really long paragraph rant that I was going to post but decided to delete it.
If they don't like America, MOVE. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

--- End quote ---
I surely didn't mean to imply it was an America vs the world event, just posting one person's crazy concern.

I had to listen to a barrage of pro- Trump, anti-Democrat, anti-Obama, anti-Islam crap a lot this weekend...plus Some ignorant talk about Sharia law replacing the constitution in America...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
I wasn't there! But i like your friends.

And i ate a lot of smoked meat this weekend.  Butts. Bacon. Steaks. Veggies too.

Big Dave:
I make meatloaf every week. I absolutely love the burnt $#!+ in the pan. But I hear its cancerous. Gotta die of something.

Trailabite:

--- Quote from: clark123456 on July 04, 2017, 10:51:09 AM ---I ate at Dreamland bbq with a friend yesterday.  I like Dreamland because they have a pretty high concentration of bark in the chopped pork sandwiches; however, my friend avoided the bark claiming it causes cancer.  As usual, I stated I'd rather live a shorter life and enjoy it than to avoid the things that make life worth living (and worry about it).

First hit from Google, and now I'm just going to stick to uncooked meats and veggies:
https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/diet/cooked-meats-fact-sheet

Btw, the bbq was fantastic!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
That's a double whammy when eating red meat.

According to the World Health Organization (WHO) red meat is listed as a class 1 carcinogen, which is the same list that cigarettes are on.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version