BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: "What had happened was"  (Read 721 times)

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
Re: "What had happened was"
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2017, 05:12:18 AM »
They forgot to add Blinker Fluid. 
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline 8lugLJ

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2017, 11:04:48 AM »
This is one of my biggest fears in our shop. I have dropped a jet ski, lift arms kicked out, but never a car or truck. Some shops take the safeties off the arms on lifts that keep them from moving when in the air, so you can adjust them easier, thats what caused ours to kick out from under the ski (they were already off, we didnt do it). Id agree with whoever said that about picking it up by the body, not the frame. Or as new as the chassis looks it may have been a frame swap from a collision repair gone wrong, lifting the body to put back on the frame, but that doesnt explain how the chassis got upside down lol.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2017, 11:10:20 AM »
This is one of my biggest fears in our shop. I have dropped a jet ski, lift arms kicked out, but never a car or truck. Some shops take the safeties off the arms on lifts that keep them from moving when in the air, so you can adjust them easier, thats what caused ours to kick out from under the ski (they were already off, we didnt do it). Id agree with whoever said that about picking it up by the body, not the frame. Or as new as the chassis looks it may have been a frame swap from a collision repair gone wrong, lifting the body to put back on the frame, but that doesnt explain how the chassis got upside down lol.

You can see the sign above says Paint Prep. 

What happens in a situation like this?  Does the customer get informed of the whole situation or does the body shop tell the customer there was additional damage and it will take longer?

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2017, 11:44:04 AM »

What happens in a situation like this?  Does the customer get informed of the whole situation or does the body shop tell the customer there was additional damage and it will take longer?

I would hope. a shop thats honest would inform you of what happened and take "full" responsibility and make it right, it will extend the deadline, maybe add a rental if its going to take weeks to fix. over the 1st est.  just my thoughts.   insurance is a good thing for accidents like this.  its why u pay a premium.  . 
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline 8lugLJ

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2017, 02:16:59 PM »

assuming the shop has the correct insurance and the individual working on the vehicle is covered under the policy the first thing is to call and make a claim, once you know its covered then contact your customer and just say, sorry, what can we do to make this easier for you? If not, worse case, set that @#$# on fire and change your name.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM