BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Georgia texting law now a primary offense  (Read 1068 times)

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
Re: Georgia texting law now a primary offense
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2017, 02:36:47 AM »
According to that statement a simple fix would be to put the car in park. I mean, its not like your going anywhere.

Some cops are a POS. This seems like good example.
Being in park, but drunk while the car is cranked, can still get you an award for driving under the influence.

I don't think that plan will work out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It don't even have to be running to get a DUI
at least it didn't back in 1980 anyway
Dropped off one girl and went by a place I used to
work waiting on another girl, passed out (I mean fell asleep)
in parking lot. Got woke up by the cops...I reached and
tried to start the truck up. Hauled in and went .14 on the
breath thing. Went to court told Judge I was just sitting there
and he said boy you got there some how didn't you? Guilty
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 06:08:53 AM by tjsahara00 »
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2017, 06:46:15 AM »
when you get in your car just turn the phone off, open the glove box and toss it in.  texting problem solved.    some of us older guys grew up with out cell phones, u had to wait till you arrived, or stopped for gas to call on a phone.  just follow that rule, and no texting fine.   
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline clarksr

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2017, 07:22:46 AM »
As someone who lost a really close friend in college to someone who was Drunk, and Texting and driving... I have no opposition to this. If it saves a life, its worth the whole thing.

Also... not saying we need to be like the EU, but over in Switzerland they have pull offs on the highway labeled for "Texting and Talking." They have parking spots lined (like you would see in town). So you can pull over, do what you need. Then drive away. Safely.

They also have drive through prostitution cul de sacs, with "modified car washes" at the end where you pull up - pick the chick and drive to do the dirty. So maybe their whole driving situation is better than ours. Haha.
2008 JKU, ProComps, 35 Kevlar MT/R's, Dana 44s, locked, 5.13, Artic Trusses, RCVs, all types of OR-Fab stuff, PIAA's, 2.5in Suspension lift, Warn Winch and some other goodies...

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2017, 11:59:26 AM »
I saw a sign or article or something that said NO TEXTING AND DRIVING and it also said "includes stopped at traffic lights".

Online jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2017, 12:46:35 PM »
Uhg, that bugs me.  People sitting at light after it turns green doing whatever they are doing on their phone.  Not saying they should get a ticket, but common pay attention.
It's a perfect time to validate the horn functions. 

It's times like these when I wish I had one of those loud ass air horns and that's when I would use it. Would love to see the reaction.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Online jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2017, 12:48:38 PM »
when you get in your car just turn the phone off, open the glove box and toss it in.  texting problem solved.    some of us older guys grew up with out cell phones, u had to wait till you arrived, or stopped for gas to call on a phone.  just follow that rule, and no texting fine.   
I'm one of those old guys and I agree. I look at drive time as a break from text/email/etc.  I'm still old school. If it's that important, pick up the damn phone and call me.  We can have actual verbal communication. 
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2017, 12:50:28 PM »
I'm one of those old guys and I agree. I look at drive time as a break from text/email/etc.  I'm still old school. If it's that important, pick up the damn phone and call me.  We can have actual verbal communication. 

Yup, light up  a cigar listen to tunes, keep he CB on if i want to talk.  thats the best way to enjoy the drive
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2017, 02:26:22 PM »

Yup, light up  a cigar listen to tunes, keep he CB on if i want to talk.  thats the best way to enjoy the drive
Yuck to all of that, especially the talking part. 

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline jc79

• Visitor
Georgia texting law now a primary offense
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2017, 04:26:04 PM »
Texting while driving:  evidently a near capital offense.

Kent driving a manual transmission Jeep, lighting a cigar, changing CB channels and fiddling with music of some kind... totally OK! //LOL//

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM