BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Trade bike for SxS???  (Read 872 times)

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Trade bike for SxS???
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2017, 12:52:17 PM »
After reading on the rzr forum, they can be street legal in GA. Few documents and insurance. No tag. Now a fourwheeler still can't but these can. 

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2017, 02:13:53 PM »
After reading on the rzr forum, they can be street legal in GA. Few documents and insurance. No tag. Now a fourwheeler still can't but these can. 

Show me...

It doesn't fit in the less than 20, or between 20-25 mph TOP SPEED groups... I think those are designed for golf carts and electric carts.

Seems like if you could, they would be everywhere, like in MOAB
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 02:20:38 PM by Doug »

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2017, 02:19:22 PM »
I know it's legal to do in Tennessee but have never heard that about Ga

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bobby

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2017, 02:22:36 PM »

Show me...

It doesn't fit in the less than 20, or between 20-25 mph TOP SPEED groups... I think those are designed for golf carts and electric carts.

http://www.rzrforums.net/southeast-u-s/23157-street-legal-ga-law-i-think-we-have-20.html#/topics/23157

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2017, 02:55:41 PM »

Show me...
http://www.rzrforums.net/southeast-u-s/23157-street-legal-ga-law-i-think-we-have-20.html#/topics/23157

I mean in the GA Code.  No one seems able to produce a statue that covers them... either slow vehicle or autos, but nothing specific.

Have to make it a car... and those guys did with DOT tires, but you can't meet all of the safety standards for accidents, side impact, etc that is built into an auto of the same year. 

I see it in the country/farm towns, but I don't think you can run down 316 in Gwinnett. 
There are plenty of them around, but they are not on the streets. There is a reason.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2017, 03:03:25 PM »
Keep us posted Tripp, seems to be a lot of info, like this poor guy:

Re: Street Legal in GA! This is the law, I think we have it!

"Rzr Icon i am now street legal"
I have jumped thru all the hoops and spent more than I should have, but today I got a GA plate, registration and title. Here is what I did.
#1. Found a TN dealer willing to work with me. PM me and I will forward info. Thia is important because in TN The dealer (not the owner) applies for the plate and can give you a temp.
#2 . Got a po box in a TN town for the dealer to send the plate and TN registration to.
#3. Dealer had to put on turn signals, mirrors and a windshield (full). Required by TN.
#4. Had to get DOT approved tires (discount tires has them to fit stock rims).
#5 Had to have insurance. Cheap!
#6. Got a horn at a boat shop that has a small air cannister, like they use at football games. Hey, its a horn!
#7. Friday I got my TN permanant p-late from the dealer. Took it to with the registration to my local courthouse. They did not know what it was and I told them it was "like a small car" or MC.
#8. As on now I can ride any road and forest trail with no restrictions. A lot of BS, but it worked and my RZR 570 is on the road!

Well, the state of GA has recinded my GA plate and I had to turn it in. They said it was an ATV. I thought, OK, I'll just drive it on the TN plate. NOT! Pulled over and told that I have false registration cause I do not have a TN license or address (physical). Anyone interested in a 570, loaded with options and only 400 miles on it? Spent almost 15 K on it, sell for $10K.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 03:05:00 PM by Doug »

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2017, 03:05:34 PM »
Keep us posted Tripp, seems to be a lot of info, like this poor guy:

"Rzr Icon i am now street legal"
I have jumped thru all the hoops and spent more than I should have, but today I got a GA plate, registration and title. Here is what I did.
#1. Found a TN dealer willing to work with me. PM me and I will forward info. Thia is important because in TN The dealer (not the owner) applies for the plate and can give you a temp.
#2 . Got a po box in a TN town for the dealer to send the plate and TN registration to.
#3. Dealer had to put on turn signals, mirrors and a windshield (full). Required by TN.
#4. Had to get DOT approved tires (discount tires has them to fit stock rims).
#5 Had to have insurance. Cheap!
#6. Got a horn at a boat shop that has a small air cannister, like they use at football games. Hey, its a horn!
#7. Friday I got my TN permanant p-late from the dealer. Took it to with the registration to my local courthouse. They did not know what it was and I told them it was "like a small car" or MC.
#8. As on now I can ride any road and forest trail with no restrictions. A lot of BS, but it worked and my RZR 570 is on the road!

Well, the state of GA has recinded my GA plate and I had to turn it in. They said it was an ATV. I thought, OK, I'll just drive it on the TN plate. NOT! Pulled over and told that I have false registration cause I do not have a TN license or address (physical). Anyone interested in a 570, loaded with options and only 400 miles on it? Spent almost 15 K on it, sell for $10K.

No wonder they call these guys Quadtards. 

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2017, 03:40:44 PM »
Well I wouldnt run it down 316. Around the house or the rich folks that own a lake house and a house could use it.

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2017, 01:18:39 AM »
Well I'm really want a sxs now. Changed my mind from the yahama to a rzr 1000 or 1000 turbo.

The yahama has tall gears and is built for the West coast. It has clutches like a motorcycle does but these things require more slipping on the clutches because your offroad, especially at low speed. There is a fix for it at $2k but I not wanting to spend that on top of what it cost. Tubeworks (custom west cost company who build trophy truck, class 1, etc) has made new gears for the transmissions. The clutches can go in 500 miles if you ride them. The lower gears makes the slow speed manageable vs all gas. Yahama buys the gear set from tubeworks and sells it under their brand. If your out west to stretch it legs, the factory stuff is awesome. The yahama is built to a truer race car platform compared to the booze cruise rzr...lol.

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2017, 06:50:06 AM »
They all need aftermarket cages mod 1 when you get one

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2017, 07:19:50 AM »
Well I'm really want a sxs now. Changed my mind from the yahama to a rzr 1000 or 1000 turbo.

The yahama has tall gears and is built for the West coast. It has clutches like a motorcycle does but these things require more slipping on the clutches because your offroad, especially at low speed. There is a fix for it at $2k but I not wanting to spend that on top of what it cost. Tubeworks (custom west cost company who build trophy truck, class 1, etc) has made new gears for the transmissions. The clutches can go in 500 miles if you ride them. The lower gears makes the slow speed manageable vs all gas. Yahama buys the gear set from tubeworks and sells it under their brand. If your out west to stretch it legs, the factory stuff is awesome. The yahama is built to a truer race car platform compared to the booze cruise rzr...lol.

This is what happens when you join any forum and get all jacked up about something.  It will pass, let it go.  Concentrate on Penny V2 and your Jeep.  But hey, it's your $$$$ and we need more people to make fun of bring those things to offroad parks. 

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2017, 09:30:56 AM »

This is what happens when you join any forum and get all jacked up about something.  It will pass, let it go.  Concentrate on Penny V2 and your Jeep.  But hey, it's your $$$$ and we need more people to make fun of bring those things to offroad parks.
It's no different than those folks who bring their mall crawler out with their beadlocks, 37" tires, and 1/2" up travel that think they can drive all of a sudden. We normal folks have something to laugh at then.

It's all in good fun....just picking.

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM