BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Sheriff's Jeep Fest Aug 31-Sept 3, 2017 Check-in  (Read 6770 times)

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
Sheriff's Jeep Fest Aug 31-Sept 3, 2017 Check-in
« on: August 22, 2017, 08:16:51 AM »

8795 HWY 53 EASTJASPER, GA 30143

https://www.sheriffsjeepfest.com/#intro

CB Channel 7

Who is going, day(s), time

1.  BigMike, Saturday, early AM

2.  Big Dave, Friday-Sunday
3.  Clarksr, Thurs night ride (maybe), Friday/Saturday early AM
4.  Jeepster1407, Friday night Show N Shine
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 09:43:46 AM by BigMike »

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Sheriff's Jeep Fest Aug 31-Sept 3, 2017 Check-in
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 03:51:22 PM »
I'll be there early Friday morning & hitting as many trails as possible. At 2 pm I have to go back home to get the kids. I'll be back for the show n shine & staying @ the Microtel until Sunday.
Saturday we'll hit a trail early then stay @ home base for the remainder of the day. If they have another race this year I'm gonna try even harder than I did last year to win some tars.
Sunday more HB action. I'm hoping to talk my wife into driving on a trail but ....

Taj will be parked in the feild.

CB channel 7?

Offline Jeepster1407

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 09:37:36 PM »
I plan on going to check out the show-n-shine on Friday night with the wife & chillen'. I don't know if I'll go back after that though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Most LCOG Builds are like a fat girl in Yoga Pants, just cause it fits doesn't mean it works...

Offline clarksr

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 08:56:24 AM »
If I can make it to the night ride on Thursday I will, but if not I will be there early on Fri-Sat. Just got the email last night about the times and all.
2008 JKU, ProComps, 35 Kevlar MT/R's, Dana 44s, locked, 5.13, Artic Trusses, RCVs, all types of OR-Fab stuff, PIAA's, 2.5in Suspension lift, Warn Winch and some other goodies...

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 03:28:25 PM »
I've been to all of the night rides & swear EVERY year not to go on another night ride again. This year I'm staying home..... I think. Lol

I promise you its 100 times worse than sitting in Atlanta traffic. Last year we went 1 mile in 3 hours. I am not kidding.

Offline clarksr

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 09:19:15 AM »
I've been to all of the night rides & swear EVERY year not to go on another night ride again. This year I'm staying home..... I think. Lol

I promise you its 100 times worse than sitting in Atlanta traffic. Last year we went 1 mile in 3 hours. I am not kidding.

Damn, that is sad to hear. I was really looking forward to trying to get out there. But I can see it being busy. Is it a tough ride... and thats why? Or just a lot of weekend warriors that don't know what 4-lo and a hill look like?
2008 JKU, ProComps, 35 Kevlar MT/R's, Dana 44s, locked, 5.13, Artic Trusses, RCVs, all types of OR-Fab stuff, PIAA's, 2.5in Suspension lift, Warn Winch and some other goodies...

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2017, 09:25:50 AM »

Damn, that is sad to hear. I was really looking forward to trying to get out there. But I can see it being busy. Is it a tough ride... and thats why? Or just a lot of weekend warriors that don't know what 4-lo and a hill look like?

The latter. The most extreme "mod" for 80% there will be a vinyl decal on the hood with their jeep's name.

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2017, 09:27:43 AM »

The latter. The most extreme "mod" for 80% there will be a vinyl decal on the hood with their jeep's name.

Don't forget the light bars.

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2017, 09:34:18 AM »

Don't forget the light bars.
Hey hey, that's some major horsepower upgrades........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2017, 09:36:42 AM »
I had considered going to this, seemed like something my wife and daughter might actually go to with me. But at $50 a head, just seems outrageous for it not to actually be at an off-road park. I think I'll save that money and invest it at crawling for Reid.

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2017, 10:41:21 AM »
I had considered going to this, seemed like something my wife and daughter might actually go to with me. But at $50 a head, just seems outrageous for it not to actually be at an off-road park. I think I'll save that money and invest it at crawling for Reid.

There is no cost to go to the event if you're not riding.  It is only if you want to do the obstacle course or a ride.  There is a big area where vendors are setup and spectators gather to watch the Jeeps on the course.

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2017, 05:20:17 PM »
The night ride has people who have never had their Jeep in 4 wheel drive. Some idiot rolled on a dirt road. Another gut was drunk & rear ended another really hard & took off thru the woods to get away. Cops got him because his daughter & husband was in the Jeep behind him. They told on him. Lol.
Its usually all dirt roads, hills, & easy stuff you could do in 2nd,....... If you had 1/2 a brain. Probably 200 Jeeps.
On year there was a uber sweet creek trail. Another year we went thru a nation forest area. The groups got split up. No one knew where we were or how to get back due to no cell service. We got back to Jasper @ 1 am.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM