BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Sheriff's Jeep Fest Aug 31-Sept 3, 2017 Check-in  (Read 6776 times)

Offline clarksr

• Visitor
Re: Sheriff's Jeep Fest Aug 31-Sept 3, 2017 Check-in
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2017, 02:00:12 PM »
It'll be my 1st ride since I moved to Blue Ridge, Hope to meet some of you at the event

I'll be there myself Friday and Saturday. Might not race over there since its supposed to be raining, but I will be there. Anyone interested in meeting up and shit talking the angry eyes shoot me a PM with your # and we can meet up on site.
2008 JKU, ProComps, 35 Kevlar MT/R's, Dana 44s, locked, 5.13, Artic Trusses, RCVs, all types of OR-Fab stuff, PIAA's, 2.5in Suspension lift, Warn Winch and some other goodies...

Offline Cleveland99

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2017, 02:03:35 PM »
The night ride has people who have never had their Jeep in 4 wheel drive. Some idiot rolled on a dirt road. Another gut was drunk & rear ended another really hard & took off thru the woods to get away. Cops got him because his daughter & husband was in the Jeep behind him. They told on him. Lol.
Its usually all dirt roads, hills, & easy stuff you could do in 2nd,....... If you had 1/2 a brain. Probably 200 Jeeps.
On year there was a uber sweet creek trail. Another year we went thru a nation forest area. The groups got split up. No one knew where we were or how to get back due to no cell service. We got back to Jasper @ 1 am.
The last time we went and did the night ride we got hit in rear from a dumbass in a cj drunk  as hell of course!! Then after all that he almost slammed into the front of us on a hill climb when he lost it and had no brakes! lucky for us he turned the wheel and slammed into a tree just before hitting us, he also took off but we later found him and had the cops grab him up!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that the same drunk guy described by big Dave? 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Not sure!! This happen the last year it was held behind ingles!

Offline clarksr

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2017, 02:04:59 PM »

I swear... if some drunk ass drives into my Jeep this weekend.  //phantomskull//
2008 JKU, ProComps, 35 Kevlar MT/R's, Dana 44s, locked, 5.13, Artic Trusses, RCVs, all types of OR-Fab stuff, PIAA's, 2.5in Suspension lift, Warn Winch and some other goodies...

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2017, 02:07:48 PM »
have they given numbers for how many jeeps have registered? Seems like the last year i went it was around 1600 and traffic was awful. Its just not worth it imo. If i have to sit around in traffic i would much rather it be on a trail waiting on @Raisinhead to make it up a tiny obstacle.

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2017, 02:18:32 PM »
have they given numbers for how many jeeps have registered? Seems like the last year i went it was around 1600 and traffic was awful. Its just not worth it imo. If i have to sit around in traffic i would much rather it be on a trail waiting on @Raisinhead to make it up a tiny obstacle.

Just get there early.  I pulled up before 8am last year, checked it out and was gone by noon. 

I'm not going if it's raining but looks like the weather is going to cooperate.  My wife is going with me and I know she won't want to be out there all day.  I've been invited to a private ride on some guy's property up there but not sure about that yet.

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2017, 03:11:54 PM »
The night ride has people who have never had their Jeep in 4 wheel drive. Some idiot rolled on a dirt road. Another gut was drunk & rear ended another really hard & took off thru the woods to get away. Cops got him because his daughter & husband was in the Jeep behind him. They told on him. Lol.
Its usually all dirt roads, hills, & easy stuff you could do in 2nd,....... If you had 1/2 a brain. Probably 200 Jeeps.
On year there was a uber sweet creek trail. Another year we went thru a nation forest area. The groups got split up. No one knew where we were or how to get back due to no cell service. We got back to Jasper @ 1 am.
The last time we went and did the night ride we got hit in rear from a dumbass in a cj drunk  as hell of course!! Then after all that he almost slammed into the front of us on a hill climb when he lost it and had no brakes! lucky for us he turned the wheel and slammed into a tree just before hitting us, he also took off but we later found him and had the cops grab him up!!!

Is that the same drunk guy described by big Dave? 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That sounds about right. It was on a large track of private property.

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2017, 03:20:52 PM »
My wife said there are 1150 Jeeps pre registered. There will be another 1k: at least.
Traffic isn't too bad. If you want to go on the trails, go on Friday. They are empty. On Saturday, forget it. The place to be is home base. Very entertaining.
The Georgia Bounty Runner trails are 30 minutes from home base. You have to sign up for the rides in advance.

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2017, 04:31:13 PM »
From last year (not my Jeep)

Online tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2017, 05:42:46 PM »
We'll probably go up on Saturday. We will have our granddaughter with us this time and the obstacle course will plenty of fun for her lol.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Planning to take my grandson too. Hope it's not a mud pit.  I have taken him the last two years and he enjoys it.

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2017, 05:58:21 PM »
^^^love that buggy

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2017, 06:28:14 PM »
Make sure to wear a Crawling For Reid shirt