BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: more Re-gearing discussion please  (Read 3224 times)

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: more Re-gearing discussion please
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2017, 11:46:10 AM »
$6500 wow.
+  Install

I'd buy this first

http://www.currieenterprises.com/JK-RJIIIF

Did you read it is incomplete? Add $$$$$

All you need to complete this unit are a high pinion Dana 60 ring and pinion gear set, Dana 60 35 spline carrier of your choice, a center section bearing & set up kit and labor to set it up!

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2017, 11:46:31 AM »
Axle, as in one (1)? WOW!!!!!

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2017, 12:06:04 PM »
$6500 wow.
Better than putting a few grand into an axle that is weaker and wont get anything out of resale.
Good call imo Jimbo
but I can't believe you can't build an axle for atleast half of that.

Believe it.  if someone could do it there is a HUGE market for it. It costs what it costs. 

@Blue J  JUST ANOTHER AHOLE OPINION lol,
IMHO I wouldn't touch an axle upgrade knowing your path and desire to wheel WITHOUT LOCKING HUBS and going 60.  I believe in ONCE AND DONE because I've never been good at it and I pay double, triple, sometimes 4x.  Do the front now, it will be set for life, and do the rear when you can. 

I would buy the ULTIMATE 60 for up front, huge benefits
https://www.quadratec.com/products/52459_100X_PG.htm?gclid=Cj0KCQjwlf_MBRDUARIsAD8Gj8DfijM5VOdejfkqkqIVR0qAykfW2550RlLAY0V4iv2FW5LSI8KyplsaArXHEALw_wcB
Dana Spicer Ultimate Dana 60 Front Axle for 07-17 Jeep Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK
$7,600.00
Jesus!! So, looks like I'll be riding the stock 30 for about 20 years to save for all of this crap.

$15,000 for the axles
$2000 for tires
$2000 for 8 lug beadlocks

Not to mention everything else that needs done. Cage, bumper, armor, stronger sliders, steering upgrades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2017, 12:07:44 PM »
Axle, as in one (1)? WOW!!!!!
Yup.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I've grown tired of this.

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2017, 12:27:07 PM »
$6500 wow.
+  Install

I'd buy this first

http://www.currieenterprises.com/JK-RJIIIF

Did you read it is incomplete? Add $$$$$

All you need to complete this unit are a high pinion Dana 60 ring and pinion gear set, Dana 60 35 spline carrier of your choice, a center section bearing & set up kit and labor to set it up!

Reading comprehension isn't my thing.  YIKES.

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2017, 12:30:40 PM »
$6500 wow.
Better than putting a few grand into an axle that is weaker and wont get anything out of resale.
Good call imo Jimbo
but I can't believe you can't build an axle for atleast half of that.

Believe it.  if someone could do it there is a HUGE market for it. It costs what it costs. 

@Blue J  JUST ANOTHER AHOLE OPINION lol,
IMHO I wouldn't touch an axle upgrade knowing your path and desire to wheel WITHOUT LOCKING HUBS and going 60.  I believe in ONCE AND DONE because I've never been good at it and I pay double, triple, sometimes 4x.  Do the front now, it will be set for life, and do the rear when you can. 

I would buy the ULTIMATE 60 for up front, huge benefits
https://www.quadratec.com/products/52459_100X_PG.htm?gclid=Cj0KCQjwlf_MBRDUARIsAD8Gj8DfijM5VOdejfkqkqIVR0qAykfW2550RlLAY0V4iv2FW5LSI8KyplsaArXHEALw_wcB
Dana Spicer Ultimate Dana 60 Front Axle for 07-17 Jeep Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK
$7,600.00
Jesus!! So, looks like I'll be riding the stock 30 for about 20 years to save for all of this crap.

$15,000 for the axles
$2000 for tires
$2000 for 8 lug beadlocks

Not to mention everything else that needs done. Cage, bumper, armor, stronger sliders, steering upgrades.

Unless you already have a Rubicon, you can add $1500- $4000 for a t case to that running total. Plus incidentals. 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 12:31:28 PM by Big Dave »

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2017, 12:34:36 PM »
2 AXLES!   

Fusion D60/44 Hybrid and Semi-Float D60 Rear Package

https://www.fusion4x4.com/online-store/Fusion-D60-44-Hybrid-and-Semi-Float-D60-Rear-Package-p87985278

$8 200.00

Part NumberFUS-D60FRHSF

We decided to put together the ultimate package! The strongest front and rear axles in their class combined with the strongest tie rod in its class. Doesn't get any better than that!!

Includes all of the Following:

Fusion D60/44 Hybrid Front Axle:
- Complete Assembly
- Gears, and setup included, choice or traction device
- RCV Axle Shafts
- Spicer Ball Joints, installed (upgrade options available)
- Axles set for additional 3 degrees of caster; no charge for custom pinion angle

Fusion Dana 60 Semi-Float Rear Axle:
- Complete Assembly
- 35 Spline Chromoly Axle Shafts

Fusion 4x4 2.5 Ton Tie Rod:
- Includes our new and stronger heat treated tie rod ends (yep, we made the strongest even stronger!)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2017, 12:47:58 PM »
^^^^ much better deal! I dig that.
I've grown tired of this.

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2017, 12:48:23 PM »
2 AXLES!   

https://www.fusion4x4.com/online-store/Fusion-D60-44-Hybrid-and-Semi-Float-D60-Rear-Package-p87985278

$8 200.00

Part NumberFUS-D60FRHSF

We decided to put together the ultimate package! The strongest front and rear axles in their class combined with the strongest tie rod in its class. Doesn't get any better than that!!

- Complete Assembly
- RCV Axle Shafts
- Axles set for additional 3 degrees of caster; no charge for custom pinion angle

- Complete Assembly

- Includes our new and stronger heat treated tie rod ends (yep, we made the strongest even stronger!)

And thats just a small taste, once u do the above, it gets worse and more $$$  remember that.. 
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
more Re-gearing discussion please
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2017, 12:55:30 PM »
2 AXLES!   

$8 200.00

Part NumberFUS-D60FRHSF

- Complete Assembly
- RCV Axle Shafts

- Complete Assembly

Mo betta!!!!

I didn't see anywhere if it was 8 or 5 lug. That could add a couple grand.

Nother question. I understand that the 35 spline as opposed to the 30 is better due to the number of teeth and strengthening that point, but what other benefits are there? Are they thicker? How many people have actually broken a 30 spline? Also, I've noticed most of the guys go with an are locker as opposed to the eaton. Are there actual strength benefits, or is it just a preference thing?

« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 12:56:25 PM by Chris36l »

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2017, 01:28:44 PM »
Going 60's is not in the cards. Not now, or ever. Its not in the plan. 60's means more changes and a trailer. Its not the end game I am after.

Suggesting 60's in the front is fine when its not your cheddar. @Doug I am sure you have not built your last jeep. Perhaps next time Madison will let you keep it.  //::)//

This Dynatrac d44 set up is
The Trail Leader Axle Package™ includes an assembled ProRock 44™ Unlimited front axle with 1/2-inch thick axle tube walls complete with Dynatrac HD Rebuildable Balljoints, Dynatrac Pro Series diff cover and ARB air Locker.

The package also includes the following to upgrade your factory Dana 44: Dynatrac JK44 Axleshaft Upgrade kit, 35-spline ARB Air Locker, Dynatrac Pro Series diff cover, ring-and-pinion gear set and a set-up kit.

So its the Front Axle and the rear inners. I will need to add the compressor, front upper control arms, flip kit, and bumpstop
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2017, 01:41:32 PM »
Going 60's is not in the cards. Not now, or ever. Its not in the plan. 60's means more changes and a trailer. Its not the end game I am after.

Suggesting 60's in the front is fine when its not your cheddar. @Doug I am sure you have not built your last jeep. Perhaps next time Madison will let you keep it.  //::)//

This Dynatrac d44 set up is
The Trail Leader Axle Package™ includes an assembled ProRock 44™ Unlimited front axle with 1/2-inch thick axle tube walls complete with Dynatrac HD Rebuildable Balljoints, Dynatrac Pro Series diff cover and ARB air Locker.

The package also includes the following to upgrade your factory Dana 44: Dynatrac JK44 Axleshaft Upgrade kit, 35-spline ARB Air Locker, Dynatrac Pro Series diff cover, ring-and-pinion gear set and a set-up kit.

So its the Front Axle and the rear inners. I will need to add the compressor, front upper control arms, flip kit, and bumpstop

Solid plan for what you're after. Will handle 37s with zero problem if you decide to go up in tire size

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM