OTHER INTERESTS > Grillin' & Chillin'

Brisket Recipes

(1/4) > >>

DOUG:
Post your brisket recipes here.

Raisinhead:
I do the famous "Jeepson33's" official recipe. Salt, pepper, brown sugar.

tcdawg:

--- Quote from: Raisinhead on September 04, 2017, 04:00:04 PM ---I do the famous "Jeepson33's" official recipe. Salt, pepper, brown sugar.

--- End quote ---

Same

It's a slam dunk.  Pure beef brisket goodness

DOUG:

--- Quote from: Raisinhead on September 04, 2017, 04:00:04 PM ---I do the famous "Jeepson33's" official recipe. Salt, pepper, brown sugar.

--- End quote ---
Googled. No joy. 

clark123456:
I did the salt, pepper, and brown sugar mix.  Guessing at quantities:  1/4 cup of kosher salt, 1/8 cup of fresh ground pepper, and 1/3 cup of brown sugar for each half.  I tried a new thing with the brown sugar where I ran the clumps across a sifting screen to make it a fine powder...it worked awesomely!

I had a whole packer choice that I cut in half just enough to leave some point on the main flat and then the other half was a big point and flat.  I'm going to try to make burnt ends with the big point/flat.

I'm doing a water bath under the meat layers with the big point/flat on the top shelf.

I picked up a Tappecue Wi-Fi 4 probe temp thing.  Probe 1 is chamber temp on the top shelf, probe 3 is meat temp on the top shelf, probe 2 is chamber temp on the lower shelf, and probe 4 is meat temp on the lower shelf.  The chamber is still stabilizing though.  The grill thermometer thinks it's currently at 177, so it'll be interesting to see what happens.  I should have put some analog thermometers in there...oh well, for now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version