BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Irma becomes strongest Atlantic hurricane outside Gulf and Caribbean ever record  (Read 2575 times)

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Irma spun into a monster storm Tuesday morning with sustained winds topping 180 mph,
becoming the strongest Atlantic hurricane ever recorded outside the Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean,
National Hurricane Center forecasters said in their 11 a.m. advisory.

As the hurricane churns closer to the U.S. coast,
its path becomes more certain, with South Florida,
particularly the Keys, increasingly likely to take a hit.
Tropical storm force winds could arrive as early as Friday. Gov. Rick Scott
has declared a state of emergency for all 67 counties and
will spend much of Tuesday morning in hurricane briefings.

Because Irma is so large, forecasters urged caution in
paying too much attention to its exact track. The storm is
continuing to roll west at 14 mph, with winds expected to begin
battering the Leeward Islands today. A powerful high pressure
ridge is steering the storm and will likely stay in place over the
next few days, forecasters said. In five days, a trough moving
across the U.S. should begin weakening the western edge of the ridge,
allowing the storm to slide north.
Where Irma makes the turn will determine impacts to Florida.

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
Now is when we need a dis Like button. I am hoping the trough coming through will spin it back out to sea. I have a lot of family in the Gulf Coast and this one is going to be messy wherever it hits. It may hit Cat 5 when it hits warmer water.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
I'm in the insurance business that insures lots of business's for flood.  the one last week hurt but this will be really painful.
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Going to hit Gulches next week probably either way

Offline Jango

• Visitor
My town is going full survival mode. Gas Stations are backed up with cars.  Every chain store is out of water, and getting low on non perishable items. My plan is to get off the coast and head to my Gfs condo in Orlando. Still in hurricane projected path but I doubt any serious flooding will be occurring there. Hurricane parties are already being planned
-Connor (Jango... the D is silent and invisible)

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
My town is going full survival mode. Gas Stations are backed up with cars.  Every chain store is out of water, and getting low on non perishable items. My plan is to get off the coast and head to my Gfs condo in Orlando. Still in hurricane projected path but I doubt any serious flooding will be occurring there. Hurricane parties are already being planned

Please be careful.  keep us posted.
Kent Casey

Offline Jango

• Visitor

As soon as School cancels I'm outta here
-Connor (Jango... the D is silent and invisible)

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
I'm in the insurance business that insures lots of business's for flood.  the one last week hurt but this will be really painful.
Market watch said that the insurance companies have a large surplus of cash and what happened in TX would not even hurt the reserves.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
Market watch said that the insurance companies have a large surplus of cash and what happened in TX would not even hurt the reserves.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Well its not only flood, we do D&O and other ., loss of business.  so  its not as a non-eventful event as others make it to be...   this is not, "market watch" this is me looking at the claims coming in.  its real.  maybe not flood, but alot of other claims related.   

True we do have plenty in reserves to handle claims, but it still takes its toll.  We paid 911 claims and we had clause's in our policys that a judge ruled we did NOT have to pay, .. yet we had already decided to pay and release funds.   no one got bonus or raises for the nxt 4 years.  small amount to pay for those that lost so much.    not all insurance companys are evil.  we do whats right, its just 2 so close togheter, alot of companys dont keep the reserves as they should and it takes its toll.  anyway.. the one in FL is expected to be a big one.  so ..  please leave if u can.  no need to have loss of life added to the mix.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 01:54:07 PM by kent10sne1 »
Kent Casey

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
This thing better not ruin my opening day for bow season Sat morning... just sayin.  //fu(//
I've grown tired of this.

Offline She Devil

• Visitor
Looks like a very active hurricane season... Jose out there right behind Irma.
I am hoping because of the devastation Harvey caused they are talking it up worst than it will be.
I have a lot of family in south Florida ..  my home town  //:'(//
Don’t start it if you can’t handle me coming in hard and finishing it!  Life is too short for petty things.  ---MC

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor

As soon as School cancels I'm outta here

Stay safe. I am hoping they cancel it for the off campus students like me as well.

My cousin lives in Key West and he is evacuating Thursday morning.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 06:48:24 PM by Scott F. »

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM