BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Equifax debacle  (Read 825 times)

Offline flimflamman

• Visitor
Re: Equifax debacle
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2017, 08:49:02 PM »
I'm jus' sayin'....

Equifax discovered the hack 29 July, but waited until Thursday to warn consumers. In the interim, as first reported by Bloomberg, chief financial officer John Gamble sold shares worth $946,374 and president of US information solutions Joseph Loughran exercised options to sell stock worth $584,099. President of workforce solutions Rodolfo Ploder also sold stock worth $250,458.

Ines Gutzmer, head of corporate communications for Equifax, said: “The three executives who sold a small percentage of their Equifax shares on Tuesday, August 1, and Wednesday, August 2, had no knowledge that an intrusion had occurred at the time they sold their shares.”

After the cybersecurity breach was made public, Equifax stock dropped more than 13% in after-hours trading following the announcement at 4.30pm ET.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/sep/07/equifax-credit-breach-hack-social-security
Martha Stewart went to prison.  Govt employees usually have a large discord for wealthy people so I'm sure those sellers have a bullseye on them.

I sure hope they do.
Mike Y
2016 JK

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2017, 09:06:22 PM »
I'm jus' sayin'....

Equifax discovered the hack 29 July, but waited until Thursday to warn consumers. In the interim, as first reported by Bloomberg, chief financial officer John Gamble sold shares worth $946,374 and president of US information solutions Joseph Loughran exercised options to sell stock worth $584,099. President of workforce solutions Rodolfo Ploder also sold stock worth $250,458.

Ines Gutzmer, head of corporate communications for Equifax, said: “The three executives who sold a small percentage of their Equifax shares on Tuesday, August 1, and Wednesday, August 2, had no knowledge that an intrusion had occurred at the time they sold their shares.”

After the cybersecurity breach was made public, Equifax stock dropped more than 13% in after-hours trading following the announcement at 4.30pm ET.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/sep/07/equifax-credit-breach-hack-social-security
Martha Stewart went to prison.  Govt employees usually have a large discord for wealthy people so I'm sure those sellers have a bullseye on them.
It would be interesting to track their annual trades to see if this sell off was an anomaly.

I don't need credit currently, so I think it's time to lock down my credit rating stuff.  I guess if I go job or bank hunting, or crazy (taking out another loan), I might need it, but I'll cross that bridge at that time.

Thx for the info.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2017, 09:16:02 PM »
According to this site my information was impacted.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I also.
I'm just wondering if this is just a scare tactic to get people to pay for credit protection.
I checked the wife's info and hers was ok.

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2017, 09:36:08 PM »
Mine show no impact and Jacqie's show may been impacted but she has that life lock so she will have to call and check tomorrow. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bobby

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2017, 09:51:57 PM »

I also.
I'm just wondering if this is just a scare tactic to get people to pay for credit protection.

I was pretty disappointed that Equifax was still charging $3 to freeze your credit.  So damn wrong. 
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 09:54:05 PM by tcdawg »

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2017, 10:13:48 PM »

I also.

I was pretty disappointed that Equifax was still charging $3 to freeze your credit.  So damn wrong. 
Especially since they are at fault.

I trust LifeLock like I trust a used condom.
The founder put his SS # in a commercial & was hacked.
That doesn't build confidence for a future consumer.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2017, 10:48:51 PM »

I also.

They didn't charge me anything.

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2017, 11:28:22 PM »
Got me too. And I just got my money back from the Chipotle hacker.

Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2017, 01:05:57 AM »
These guys often have specific predetermined dates that their options are sold. Let's hope it was just a bad coincidence. 

Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2017, 04:34:43 PM »
Discover CC has it where they can watch 100 or 1000 of site for SS# activity and other things for you. 

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2017, 07:47:23 PM »
Its a comfort to know they are watching but are they doing anything after the fact?

There is a difference in credit monitor & the other. I'm at a loss for the wprds. Dann beer.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2017, 08:56:42 AM »
interesting article about how antiquated the credit reporting system is, and why the credit reporting agencies don't care about individuals: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2017/9/8/16276584/equifax-breach-social-security-number-broken-system

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM