BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Favorite Credit Caedor go to Credit Card??  (Read 403 times)

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Favorite Credit Caedor go to Credit Card??
« on: September 09, 2017, 04:37:37 PM »
Just wondering what you favorite card to use is?

Do you have a point / cash back strategy?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Favorite Credit Caedor go to Credit Card??
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 04:58:29 PM »
I use chase freedom.  1% cash back, plus quarterly stuff for 5% back.   Nothing special, but I hate switching cards and discover pissed me off one time (can't remember what it was about), so I broke from them and got a bonus when I first went with chase.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 05:04:42 PM »
These days, we just have whatever card we got years ago (Chase Freedom) and pay it off each month.  No strategy.

Years and years ago, when interest rates were high, and you could get 5% interest in a money market account, I got into "credit card arbitrage."  I had a number of cards, and did 0% APR cash advances on them.  At one point, I had about $100,000 from these cash advances sitting in money market accounts, and would use that account to pay down the credit card balances.  At 5% rate, and drawing down the balance each month, I probably made around $3,500 one year.  But it took a lot of time and was stressful to make sure all the automatic payments were setup and that they were paid off before the 0% promotional period ran out....
Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 06:00:36 PM »
We have a couple of cards. Hardley ever use them. I had one get cancelled just not to long ago due to no use lol. My wife and daughter take turns using our old navy card. They will use it in the store to get the discounts and then pay the card off at the register when they're done.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 06:54:03 PM »
Chase Freedom here too for the points and warranty extensions.

Amex for corporate stuff.  I have to pay the fee to get Amex points but I am good $1000+ every year.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 06:54:54 PM by Doug »

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 06:56:35 PM »
Captial One offered $500 credit if I spent $500 with 0% for a year. I bought a couple of .22s with it. Got some cash back for spending X amount.
As soon as the interest kicked in went to my bank to get a 0% for 12 months but never transferred the balance.

Just look around for the best card. Check your bank too. 

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 07:01:16 PM »
Chase Freedom here too for the points and warranty extensions.

Amex for corporate stuff.  I have to pay the fee to get Amex points but I am good $1000+ every year.
I use my AMEX when buying plane tickets. Extra protection and life insurnace if something were to happen.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 07:07:55 PM »
Unlimited 1.5 percent cash back on every purchase — that 1.5% translates into 1.5 highly valuable Ultimate Rewards when paired with a Chase Sapphire Preferred or Ink Plus Business Credit Card.

Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening 0% Intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers.

No annual fee

Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver (Auto Rental CDW)Decline the rental company’s collision insurance and charge the entire rental cost to your card. Coverage is provided for theft and collision damage for most cars in the U.S. and abroad. In the U.S., coverage is secondary to your personal insurance you already have.

* Purchase ProtectionCovers your new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $500 per claim and $50,000 per account.

* Extended Warranty ProtectionExtends the time period of the U.S. manufacturer’s warranty by an additional year, on eligible warranties of three years or less.

* Price ProtectionIf a card purchase you made in the U.S. is advertised for less in print or online within 90 days, you can be reimbursed the difference up to $500 per item, $2,500 per year

* Return ProtectionYou can be reimbursed for eligible items that the store won’t take back within 90 days of purchase, up to $250 per item, $1,000 per year

* Lost LuggageIf you or your immediate family members’ checked or carry-on bags are damaged or lost by the carrier, you’re covered up to $3,000 per passenger.

* Trip Cancellation and Trip InterruptionIf your trip is canceled or cut short by sickness, severe weather, and other covered situations, you can be reimbursed up to $5,000 per trip for your pre-paid, non-refundable travel expenses, including passenger fares, tours, and hotels.

* Travel Accident InsuranceWhen you pay for your air, bus, train or cruise transportation with your card, you are eligible to receive accidental death or dismemberment coverage of up to $250,000.

* Travel and Emergency Assistance ServicesIf you run into a problem away from home, call the Benefit Administrator for legal and medical referrals or other travel and emergency assistance. (You will be responsible for the cost of any goods or services obtained.)* Roadside DispatchIf you have a roadside emergency, call 1-800-VISA-TOW 24/7 to dispatch the help you need – anything from a tow or jumpstart to a tire change, lockout service, winching or gas delivery – at a cost of $59.95 per service call. (Additional fees may apply.)* *

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2017, 01:18:48 AM »
I have amex green and business gold. Use amex for the free flights - 2 this year

Chase freedom and discover it. All 1% with rotating 5%.

Some capital ones.

Capital One sparks business is awesome at 2%. Only $59 a year. Got a $500 bonus when spending $4500 in 3 months. It will be my race fee cover for the year from the cash back.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2017, 08:11:53 AM »
I had both an Amex Delta Platinum and a Citi AA Visa to get miles.  Used the Amex whenever possible and the Visa where Amex wasn't accepted.  Recently dropped the Citi card when they switched from Visa to Mastercard.  I then went with a Southwest Visa to get the 60,000 signup bonus, and then dropped that for the Southwest Business card and another  60,000 miles. 

SW is much better for using miles than Delta, and Delta has inflated the miles so much that now it often takes double the miles for a trip than it used to.  Plus their change fees are ridiculous.  I recently qualified for a free Amex Platinum card that I will swap most of my usage to, dropping the Delta Amex.  I'm going to try to use my remaining Delta and AA miles for travel where possible, and keep the SW miles.  Two big advantages of this Amex card are free entry into airline lounges all over the world, plus CDW on rental cars.  I'll get a point per $ spent, equivalent to 1% back as well.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM