BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Where were you on 9/11? #neverFORGET  (Read 804 times)

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
Re: Where were you on 9/11? #neverFORGET
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2017, 11:26:11 AM »
Senior year of high school and I think we were in English class.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I was also in English class, but in 2nd grade.

Jk, junior year
Jay

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2017, 11:27:20 AM »
I was at home watched it on the news all day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2017, 11:29:24 AM »
11 grade physics class. Turned it on the tv and that's all we did for the rest of the day

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2017, 11:51:19 AM »
Junior year of high school. Physics class, just watched it all going down on CNN. Will never forget that day. Our teacher, Mrs Jennings, spent the rest of the day telling us how amazing our country was and how this would unite us beyond anything we had or would ever experience again.

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2017, 03:06:58 PM »
I was in a bar!

I worked for Red Bull when it was just coming to the United States.

Bobby

Offline flashover101

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2017, 04:36:58 PM »
I was at the fire house. Some terrible memories but received a ton of support from the community and weeks to months after.
Mike
2014 JK

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2017, 05:02:56 PM »
I was at work. In total shock thinking that at any minute they would say it was a sick joke. Kinda like Alfred Hitchcocks "War of the Worlds".

Lots of conspiracy theories stating the US Govt provided the materials to foreigners that carried out the acts.
If true, I hope there's a special place reserved in Hell for the bastards.

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2017, 11:07:49 AM »
I was at work in a team meeting.  Someone opened up the conference room door and said a plane had run into the WTC.  They were going to the TV room to follow up.  We all thought it very odd that a plane would hit a building like that and were wondering how it would happen...never thought of terrorism.  20 or so minutes later that same person came back and said another plane had hit the other tower...everyone's face went blank and it was obvious it was an attack.

Most everyone went straight home.  My wife went and picked up my daughter from school I went and picked up Hayden from daycare.  Watched the news as the tragedy unfolded all day.  Just an amazingly horrific day.

Since that time, my company(electric utility), has spent millions on security at both our substations and our corporate headquarters in Tucker.  Our campus use to be open to enter, park and walk right in to the lobby...not anymore.  Multiple gates to enter, all manned by security, and no one that is not an employee walks around unchaperoned. 
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 11:10:22 AM by tcdawg »

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2017, 02:08:40 PM »
I was at work and someone came by and said a plane crashed into the WTC.  A bunch of people gathered in a small auditorium we had and they turned on big projection screen to the news.  When we saw the second plane crashed into the other tower, everyone was shell shocked and knew it was an attack.  I stayed at work most of that day but don't remember much.  The next day is was really weird not hearing any planes in the sky.  I went to take the GMAT that day for grad school and did horribly on it. 

I had to fly into Newark to go to our Morristown, NJ office a day or two after planes were back in the air.  I told people that if I saw anyone that even looked Middle Eastern getting up from their seat I was going to take them out.  It was weird, sad, unbelievable driving to the airport and not seeing the WTC across the river. 

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2017, 08:29:17 PM »
I was in college, leaving the dining hall when we ran in to someone we knew who said a plane had hit one of the WTC buildings. He didn't say much so my first thought was a privat pilot in a small aircraft had some kind of major pilot error. I ended up going on to class because I didn't realize what was actually happening since there was no tv or internet access where I was at the time. It wasn't until later when I got back to my apartment that I finally figured it out.

My sister had just moved to NYC a few months earlier, so her experience was much different than mine. She worked in a building across the street from one of the towers and if I remember correctly was in the ground level of one of the towers earlier that morning. She was right there during the impacts and then fled her building with the crowds. Once out on the street she had to witness people leaping from the buildings. Her apartment was on 33rd at the time so she along with many others took off their shoes (business dress) and ran/walked home.

Offline jc79

• Visitor
Where were you on 9/11? #neverFORGET
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2017, 09:16:44 PM »
Scott's story reminded me that my best friend from high school (also a Scott) was moving from KY to New York that day. His car was packed and everything... he was going to try and go to film school but never moved.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 09:17:20 PM by jc79 »
Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline flimflamman

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2017, 09:39:02 PM »
At the time, I was working at Sprint's internal help desk, which was pretty large at the time. Once word of the first tower strike got out everyone started streaming CNN, and the Internet connection choked in short order.

So a lot of us went to the auditorium to watch TV on the big screen. Shortly after that the towers collapsed. Everyone was walking around in disbelief.

What was typically a bustling business atmosphere, suddenly came to a screeching halt. I remember the various emotions I saw expressed that day. Shock, confusion, grief and then anger.
Mike Y
2016 JK

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM