BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Hardiplank and a tv mount  (Read 1483 times)

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Hardiplank and a tv mount
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2017, 12:26:22 PM »
Pat, I want finished pictures today...chop chop

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You are overthinking it. You're a smart guy just get out there and get it done.

Wait I didn't realize pat was the op. Maybe you should hire it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll look at my mounting options today after I cut the grass. Ceiling mount may be the easiest, but i already have the wall mount, so that's the way I'm leaning. If it goes on the wall, I'm definitely cutting a wedge to hopefully prevent cracking the planks at the edges.

I hate you, Sam.

Kevin, Augusta is practically on your way home from gulches. Slight detour, but it could still be on your way home lol

Offline Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2017, 02:53:49 PM »
@patman   Just don't do this!  You would be amazed at some of the DIY installs I've seen over the years. 
Get dirty, or get off the trail!

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2017, 07:11:48 PM »
@patman   Just don't do this!  You would be amazed at some of the DIY installs I've seen over the years.
That's a solid, "There, I fixed" award nominee.  Nicely done. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2017, 07:34:53 PM »
I can only hope mine would be better than that.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2017, 08:39:51 PM »
The two I have at the lake.  I moved the TV in for Irma. 

Kevin
I poked the wires in the sheetrock and pulled them down and back out down by the baseboard and need a plate to pull them thru and cover the hole / seal the hole.  Prefer not to have to put a quick push in box in, is there something perfect?

Offline Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2017, 09:39:38 PM »
Doug, these are made to screw into a standard inwall box, but if your hole isn't bigger than whee the screws would go in, you can just screw it into the Sheetrock.  The plates are reversible, meaning the " nose" would go inside the wall ( you have to have a hole big enough to for it to fit it, in wall box) or just mount the flat side up against the wall.  If you can't find one let me know.https://m.ebay.com/itm/261841290513?_mwBanner=1

« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 09:40:29 PM by Cannonballkev »

Offline Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2017, 09:47:49 PM »
Or these

https://m.ebay.com/itm/261841290513?_mwBanner=1

One is flat plate with rubber insert that you cut to put wires through, the other is a flat plate that has a hole covers by brushes.  A power cord might not fit through it.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2017, 09:50:06 PM »
Doug, these are made to screw into a standard inwall box, but if your hole isn't bigger than whee the screws would go in, you can just screw it into the Sheetrock.  The plates are reversible, meaning the " nose" would go inside the wall ( you have to have a hole big enough to for it to fit it, in wall box) or just mount the flat side up against the wall.  If you can't find one let me know.https://m.ebay.com/itm/261841290513?_mwBanner=1
Prefect thanks

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2017, 05:28:46 PM »
Or these

One is flat plate with rubber insert that you cut to put wires through, the other is a flat plate that has a hole covers by brushes.  A power cord might not fit through it.
Or these

I used these in every room. Just mount one behind the tv and one near the floor and run the wires behind the sheet rock.
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2017, 10:06:39 PM »
I opted to mount it in the corner. The hardie plank on our house is mounted to plywood covered in a waterproof barrier. I removed two of the boards, used a stud finder, bolted the mount to the stud, and dremeled out one of the planks to fit around the tv mount. The caulk is drying now, and I'll paint over it whenever I get the bucket out of the attic since it's mostly blocked by the tv. Tv is 32", I think I have room for a smaller-bezel 40". Direct tv is coming out Friday to upgrade our equipment and give me a wireless box. Power is temporarily a drop cord until I plan out some other patio upgrades.

I've decided that the big empty wall will be pimped out at a later date, planks taken out, fireplace added at the bottom, then the whole outcropping covered in the same stone that's on the front of the house, with a nice wood mantle. Patio furniture will be swapped to a more comfy living area set. Maybe within the next 6 months, unless we really like sitting outside to watch the tv now that it's cooling down in which case I start after the River Rock ride in Oct.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2017, 10:26:45 PM »
Solid... nice work.
Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2017, 10:53:34 PM »