BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: AOP for the 1st time - 10/14/17 Weekend - Who has been?  (Read 1707 times)

Offline Cochese

• Visitor
AOP for the 1st time - 10/14/17 Weekend - Who has been?
« on: September 22, 2017, 01:09:09 PM »
Doing a Bday group ride at AOP for the 1st time.
Our group will be 37" - 42" tire range.
What trail #'s should we check out?
Checked out youtube and saw some good stuff but not sure of the names/#'s.

If anyone has pics or links to pics I would love to see them.

Thanks,
Eric
Eric Barbely
IG: @atlantarockcrawler

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: AOP for the 1st time - 10/14/17 Weekend - Who has been?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 01:17:21 PM »
It's a great park and the club has been there many times. It's where our big fundraising event is held each year "Crawling for Reid".

If dry, absolutely awesome park. When wet, it doesn't dry out quickly and expect lots of recovery.

Go to the trail rides section on the forum and navigate to past rides and you'll find topics on AOP with lots of pics from past rides. I'm on Tapatalk right now and can't post a link. 

You'll have a blast.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 01:19:00 PM »
The trail maps from the office are accurate, and all of the black trails are fun. 43 is fun (and the only # i remember)

We're going back Nov 3-5, come join us then as well

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 01:30:31 PM »
Trail 41 is a lot of fun also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 04:04:49 PM »
I recommend starting out on the bottom right side of the map. It is usually drier over there.

My favorites are 47, 43, 45, 49, 42. Also if it's wet you can run 55 bc it's mostly all rock except for the beginning so it's usually not affected by the rain much. It is very short though, like 150 ft or so.

41 can be fun but it is an easy trail, especially for 37 and above. It holds a lot of water at the beginning and the bottom of the hill so plan accordingly if it's wet. The good news is it leads you to a couple of good climbs to try if it's dry ( like 64).

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 04:08:39 PM »

We're going back Nov 3-5, come join us then as well
Ohh...did realize that. I need to get my crap back together. Thanks for the heads up.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 04:09:35 PM by Big Dave »

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 04:35:30 PM »
The trail maps from the office are accurate, and all of the black trails are fun. 43 is fun (and the only # i remember)

Pat's only watched on youtube
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 04:38:42 PM »
I recommend starting out on the bottom right side of the map. It is usually drier over there.

My favorites are 47, 43, 45, 49, 42. Also if it's wet you can run 55 bc it's mostly all rock except for the beginning so it's usually not affected by the rain much. It is very short though, like 150 ft or so.

41 can be fun but it is an easy trail, especially for 37 and above. It holds a lot of water at the beginning and the bottom of the hill so plan accordingly if it's wet. The good news is it leads you to a couple of good climbs to try if it's dry ( like 64).

64. Yes!! Killer set of ledges. Very good trail. 

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 06:15:07 PM »
I like 9x trails on the left side, below area 51.  Trail 23 (I think) to the right of area 51 is deceptively tough.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Cochese

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2017, 08:51:20 AM »
Thanks guys!
This is excellent trail information and should make for a fun weekend.  Already have the map printed and the suggested trails highlighted (with notes  //;D//).

I know it is wet now but it looks like South Pittsburg will start having decent sun tomorrow (Wednesday) through the weekend with very low chance of additional rain.  Hopefully that is enough to dry it out a bit.  I know you guys said it does not dry out quick.

Also if anyone is riding there this weekend we will have a game viewing setup to catch all of the games and a shrimp boil Saturday night.  Feel free to stop by for a beer!

Which reminds me, what kind of AT&T signal do you guys remember having in the camping area?  We hope to stream the games and watch through a projector but will be bringing bunny ears as a back-up.

Thanks again!
Eric
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 08:53:09 AM by Cochese »
Eric Barbely
IG: @atlantarockcrawler

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 09:09:43 AM »
Thanks guys!
This is excellent trail information and should make for a fun weekend.  Already have the map printed and the suggested trails highlighted (with notes  //;D//).

I know it is wet now but it looks like South Pittsburg will start having decent sun tomorrow (Wednesday) through the weekend with very low chance of additional rain.  Hopefully that is enough to dry it out a bit.  I know you guys said it does not dry out quick.

Also if anyone is riding there this weekend we will have a game viewing setup to catch all of the games and a shrimp boil Saturday night.  Feel free to stop by for a beer!

Which reminds me, what kind of AT&T signal do you guys remember having in the camping area?  We hope to stream the games and watch through a projector but will be bringing bunny ears as a back-up.

Thanks again!
Eric

Good signal in the parking lot, you should be able to stream the game

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2017, 09:36:03 AM »
Thanks guys!

Thanks again!
Eric
Att works great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bobby

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM