BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Rank the parks and places we visit  (Read 899 times)

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: Rank the parks and places we visit
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2017, 09:53:38 PM »

1 Moab
2 AOP
3 Golden
4 Harlan
5 Morris Mtn
6 Chocco
7 CO trails
8 Windrock
9 Gulches

Not seen Hale

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2017, 10:17:52 PM »
Very surprised Moab was below some parks around here for John and Clark. Seriously?
I guess I like east coast, except for Colorado.  Colorado was the prettiest place I've been, and the trails were tough and fun. 

I enjoyed the hell out of the trails in Arizona, too.  I would go to Arizona before Moab, if the crew did that, but next year is iffy for me all around for long trips. 

There are four trails/areas in Moab that appeal to me:  BFE FTMFW, Pritchett, Coyote Canyon, and???  Maybe it's only three, but I was pretty certain there was one more I liked.

Like I said, the first 9 are close to each other, so I had to do the "would I rather go to xyz" and consider the effort to do it.  How about this, I'd rather be in Moab with you guys than Colorado or Hale alone.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2017, 10:44:37 PM »
Very surprised Moab was below some parks around here for John and Clark. Seriously?
I guess I like east coast, except for Colorado.  Colorado was the prettiest place I've been, and the trails were tough and fun. 

I enjoyed the hell out of the trails in Arizona, too.  I would go to Arizona before Moab, if the crew did that, but next year is iffy for me all around for long trips. 

There are four trails/areas in Moab that appeal to me:  BFE FTMFW, Pritchett, Coyote Canyon, and???  Maybe it's only three, but I was pretty certain there was one more I liked.

Like I said, the first 9 are close to each other, so I had to do the "would I rather go to xyz" and consider the effort to do it.  How about this, I'd rather be in Moab with you guys than Colorado or Hale alone.

Rear Steer officially had a grand opening today!  New kick ass 9-10 rated creek bed trail further down the road past BFE. Like Coyote only different ha

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2017, 10:46:17 PM »

Rear Steer officially had a grand opening today!  New kick ass 9-10 rated creek bed trail further down the road past BFE. Like Coyote only different ha
Did our friends cut that one, our promote it (since it's likely natural).  Is it restricted use like coyote?

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2017, 10:48:30 PM »

Did our friends cut that one, our promote it (since it's likely natural).  Is it restricted use like coyote?

They worked to get it open, no limits was the plan, didn't hear different today.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2017, 10:50:16 PM »

They worked to get it open, no limits was the plan, didn't hear different today.
Was coyote a 10?

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2017, 08:50:15 AM »
AOP-2
Gulches-5
Harlan - ?
Morris Man-3
Chocco-4
Golden-1
Moab-?
CO trails-?
Hale-?
Windrock-?
Black Moose-10
Beasley Knob- 11 (Gotta show something for the only other place in Georgia that's not a Mud pit.)

?-Haven't ridden these...on the list.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 10:43:57 PM by Blue J »
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2017, 10:06:01 AM »
AOP-2
Gulches-5
Harlan - ?
Morris Man-3
Chocco-4
Golden-1
Moab-?
CO trails-?
Hale-?
Windrock-?
Beasley Knob- 11 (Gotta show something for the only place in Georgia that's not a Mud pit.)

?-Haven't ridden these...on the list.
Black Moose is awesome, for Georgia!

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline 8lugLJ

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2017, 12:45:27 AM »
AOP-4
Gulches-8
Harlan-2
Morris Mtn-7
Chocco-6
Golden-5
Moab?
CO trails?
Hale-1
Windrock-3
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 12:46:12 AM by Jeeptrk »
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2017, 04:33:26 AM »
My list is ranked by trails and by the whole experience all together.

Location      times there          reason
  1) Moab -           1                trip, trails, Coyote Canyon
  2) Colorado -      1                scenery, trails, snow
  3) Harlan -         5                 trails, trip
  4) Golden -        4                 trails, good facility
  5) AOP -            5                 trails, very close to town
  6) Windrock -     1                 trails, good facility
  7) Hale -            3                 trails, poor facility
  8) Morris -         5                 trails, poor facility
  9) Chocco -        4                 trails, poor facility 
10) Gulches -       7                 trails, poor facility & parking lot

Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2017, 06:32:58 AM »
Interesting, Kevin, I think I see two patterns!

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2017, 08:41:45 AM »
Interesting, Kevin, I think I see two patterns!
And the root of each?

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM