BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Flatland road  (Read 990 times)

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
Re: Flatland road
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2017, 03:25:58 PM »
Was that the red clay ruts we went through after the little creek crossing at the end of the road?
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline Ckkphoto

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2017, 02:44:24 PM »
For what its worth i just did it in the crew cab.....definitely pucker factor but my copilot says it looked easy.

Offline Ckkphoto

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2017, 02:57:13 PM »
I did kiss the wall. :-(

Offline Ckkphoto

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2017, 03:02:01 PM »
The wall.

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2017, 05:19:08 PM »
When you cave in a piller, door, bed or shatter some glass do you still think it will be "fun"?
Your truck is too friggin nice to ruin it. Especially on a dirt road.
If you wanna sell tickets to watch you launch it like the General Lee then good for you.
But the risk to reward doesn't seem worth it.

I'm not trying to be critical of your decision to "wheel" your truck. It is your property to do as you wish. I just don't want to see it get damaged.
Get a $1k XJ & bounce it off trees, walls, rocks or whatever you want. Its a lot more fun.

Online Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2017, 08:05:37 PM »
When you cave in a piller, door, bed or shatter some glass do you still think it will be "fun"?
If you wanna sell tickets to watch you launch it like the General Lee then good for you.

I'm not trying to be critical of your decision to "wheel" your truck. It is your property to do as you wish. I just don't want to see it get damaged.
Get a $1k XJ & bounce it off trees, walls, rocks or whatever you want. Its a lot more fun.

You didn't say that to me!  Oh yeah, my truck isnt nice!  Ha ha
Get dirty, or get off the trail!

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2017, 08:11:09 PM »

But is that truck your daily driver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2017, 08:14:31 PM »

I thought we tried. Regardless, you tried the cheep Jeep route but rust killed that option.

Offline Ckkphoto

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2017, 08:41:58 PM »
Your truck is too friggin nice to byruin it. Especially on a dirt road.

Funny you should say that.   I appreciate your input but my wife is there ahead of you.   We are gonna buy a cheap jeep and build it up.  It was decided tonight. Prolly January  before I buy one and will still be off road.  I doubt i will sustain much damage bc i am more of a trail rider than rock crawler.   I'm pretty tame.  But you and my wife are both right....it is a big truck and there are much more affordable beaters. 

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2017, 09:27:51 PM »
Your truck is too friggin nice to byruin it. Especially on a dirt road.

Funny you should say that.   I appreciate your input but my wife is there ahead of you.   We are gonna buy a cheap jeep and build it up.  It was decided tonight. Prolly January  before I buy one and will still be off road.  I doubt i will sustain much damage bc i am more of a trail rider than rock crawler.   I'm pretty tame.  But you and my wife are both right....it is a big truck and there are much more affordable beaters. 

Wise choice

Online Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2017, 09:35:28 PM »
Not a daily driver.  XJ is the plan
Get dirty, or get off the trail!

Offline flashover101

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2017, 11:37:56 PM »
Not a daily driver.  XJ is the plan