BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: OCTOBER 6TH - 8TH : HARLAN PICTURES,STORIES AND LIES  (Read 8433 times)

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
Re: OCTOBER 6TH - 8TH : HARLAN PICTURES,STORIES AND LIES
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2017, 09:37:26 AM »
Drone footage
/>

I'm not sure what more impressive, the bad ass drone video skills or the fact that you edited the video so quickly.
Jay

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2017, 10:48:11 AM »
Cool video

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2017, 12:27:41 PM »
I'm all set on a fuel gauge. Just recommending that maybe we make it a ride requirement for everyone else...!  Danny can 'splain himself.

Long story kinda short... About halfway through the day we had some breakage on lower rock garden so a few of us decided to head back to the cabins to regroup. Once we got back I cooked some burgers for Lincoln and I then I took him to the river across the street to fish for about 30 minuets as I noticed he was getting antsy. Anyways, after that we headed back over to the Everett side of the park to see if we could find any of our crew, we hit Fish Fossil, Killing time, and Middle Rock Garden, still didn't see anyone so we headed to Lion's Den to see if Jared had dropped in yet :) still no one. So we headed back to camp. I guess we took a wrong turn because the trail started getting super narrow. Before we knew it we were too far in to turn around or back out. We decided to ride it out to the end thinking it would lead us to an intersection with signage. About 45 minuets later we ended up at an intersection with heavy equipment, about 15 trails, no signs, and nothing on Google maps. The trails must have just been cut. So at this point we have been wheeling since 10 am on the same tank of gas, cell phone battery is at 20%, and we have about 2 hours of daylight left. We knew we couldn't take the same trails back since we rode them for almost two hours and they were way too narrow for my Jeep (extremely dangerous!). They were utv trails so at some points half of my tires were hanging off of the side of the trail/mountain. So we started hauling ass, driving one trail at a time, dead end, after dead end! All of the trails were new and non of them had outlets or a way down the mountain. Another hour gone and the sun is setting, then the motor died (out of gas!!) So we started walking up the mountain, once we got to a clear spot (where the equipment was parked) I pinned our location and texted it to Ben, which sent it to Tony, Jared, and Jay. About an hour and 20 minuets later Jared and Jay showed up with gas and directions out. We both filled up and headed back!! HUGE THANKS TO @jc79 @Raisinhead @Krawler00 @tcdawg @clark123456

I gotta say it is NOT a good feeling when you are trying to find your way out of the woods and EVERY turn is a dead end. We had to back out of trails that were just wide enough for utv's with a several hundred foot drop off on either side, then to run out of gas with very little sun left and no clue where we were was the icing.
Needless to say I activated my Magellan TRX7 last night lol
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2017, 12:37:08 PM »
Man, I wasn't picking on you in the other thread. Could have happened to anyone. The area out there was crazy. Jared and I were using google maps, trail maps and signage and it was still confusing. Definitely an opportunity to learn from. Glad we all got out without getting eaten by bears.

Jared said at one point, I'm sure Danny is saying the right things to Lincoln to help him remain calm.

When we get there, we learned that was not the case. Lol
Jay

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2017, 12:42:28 PM »
I'm all set on a fuel gauge. Just recommending that maybe we make it a ride requirement for everyone else...!  Danny can 'splain himself.

Long story kinda short... About halfway through the day we had some breakage on lower rock garden so a few of us decided to head back to the cabins to regroup. Once we got back I cooked some burgers for Lincoln and I then I took him to the river across the street to fish for about 30 minuets as I noticed he was getting antsy. Anyways, after that we headed back over to the Everett side of the park to see if we could find any of our crew, we hit Fish Fossil, Killing time, and Middle Rock Garden, still didn't see anyone so we headed to Lion's Den to see if Jared had dropped in yet :) still no one. So we headed back to camp. I guess we took a wrong turn because the trail started getting super narrow. Before we knew it we were too far in to turn around or back out. We decided to ride it out to the end thinking it would lead us to an intersection with signage. About 45 minuets later we ended up at an intersection with heavy equipment, about 15 trails, no signs, and nothing on Google maps. The trails must have just been cut. So at this point we have been wheeling since 10 am on the same tank of gas, cell phone battery is at 20%, and we have about 2 hours of daylight left. We knew we couldn't take the same trails back since we rode them for almost two hours and they were way too narrow for my Jeep (extremely dangerous!). They were utv trails so at some points half of my tires were hanging off of the side of the trail/mountain. So we started hauling ass, driving one trail at a time, dead end, after dead end! All of the trails were new and non of them had outlets or a way down the mountain. Another hour gone and the sun is setting, then the motor died (out of gas!!) So we started walking up the mountain, once we got to a clear spot (where the equipment was parked) I pinned our location and texted it to Ben, which sent it to Tony, Jared, and Jay. About an hour and 20 minuets later Jared and Jay showed up with gas and directions out. We both filled up and headed back!! HUGE THANKS TO @jc79 @Raisinhead @Krawler00 @tcdawg @clark123456

I gotta say it is NOT a good feeling when you are trying to find your way out of the woods and EVERY turn is a dead end. We had to back out of trails that were just wide enough for utv's with a several hundred foot drop off on either side, then to run out of gas with very little sun left and no clue where we were was the icing.
Needless to say I activated my Magellan TRX7 last night lol

Great memory for you and Lincoln!

So how did those guys come in to help you?  There was a road into that spot?

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2017, 12:51:40 PM »
So how did those guys come in to help you?  There was a road into that spot?

The road where the equipment sat was the way out. We didn't have the fuel by the time we got there to take it out. It was a hell of a long drive back to camp following Jared.
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline BlueJew

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2017, 01:00:06 PM »
"editing" = trying to figure out Adobe Premier for the first time and figuring out what I did wrong with the drone...it was challenging and the color correction is horrible.  I was too lazy to deal with it again but may try to in the next few days.  Hopefully my steering will be fixed by the next trip and ill get to bring it out again for adventure. 

Also, a huge THANK YOU to Clark and everyone else who helped me get off LRG when my sector shaft broke.  Could have been a lot worse and glad it wasn't.
Blue Wes

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2017, 01:00:13 PM »
Jared said at one point, I'm sure Danny is saying the right things to Lincoln to help him remain calm.

Hahahahahahahahaha

Probably time for a larger fuel cell....

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2017, 01:18:36 PM »

Hahahahahahahahaha

Wheeled (pretty hard) and drove all over the mountain for 9 hours...
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2017, 01:20:32 PM »
"editing" = trying to figure out Adobe Premier for the first time and figuring out what I did wrong with the drone...it was challenging and the color correction is horrible.  I was too lazy to deal with it again but may try to in the next few days.  Hopefully my steering will be fixed by the next trip and ill get to bring it out again for adventure. 

Also, a huge THANK YOU to Clark and everyone else who helped me get off LRG when my sector shaft broke.  Could have been a lot worse and glad it wasn't.

Couldn't have picked a better spot to lose steering (unlike @lt99ls1 at Chocco / TeePee)  //LMAO//
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2017, 01:24:24 PM »

Hahahahahahahahaha

Wheeled (pretty hard) and drove all over the mountain for 9 hours...
And also not the first time you were worried about running out of gas. Except this time it actually happened

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2017, 01:32:24 PM »
My Jeep also has a fuel cell and no accurate gauge.  So I rarely if ever know how much is in it, mainly after a fillup.  After wheeling on Friday I added 5 gallons and that didn't fill it.  Then on Saturday I followed Danny from Putney to Evarts and fillup was 3 more gallons.  My conclusion is that for most parks my 15 gallon tank is good for two days, but not at Harlan.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM