BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: OCTOBER 6TH - 8TH : HARLAN PICTURES,STORIES AND LIES  (Read 8399 times)

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
Re: OCTOBER 6TH - 8TH : HARLAN PICTURES,STORIES AND LIES
« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2017, 01:36:39 PM »
I will be mounting some sort of fuel or Jerry cans in the Jeep, but not changing cell's.
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #85 on: October 10, 2017, 01:39:58 PM »
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2017, 01:43:33 PM »
I will be mounting some sort of fuel or Jerry cans in the Jeep, but not changing cell's.

That works. Really only needed for here and windrock

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2017, 01:54:19 PM »
Danny, I would have come out to get you but I was in Harlan and the others were way closer. Just glad we got you out before the locals found you  //:o//
I've grown tired of this.

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2017, 02:10:45 PM »
Drone footage
/>

So cool.  Good job Wes!

Online lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2017, 04:58:20 PM »

Couldn't have picked a better spot to lose steering (unlike @lt99ls1 at Chocco / TeePee)  //LMAO//
You don't pick the spot the 4x4 does. If I was going to pick a spot it would be in the parking lot like the time at MSO.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2017, 05:10:25 PM »

Couldn't have picked a better spot to lose steering (unlike @lt99ls1 at Chocco / TeePee)  //LMAO//
You don't pick the spot the 4x4 does. If I was going to pick a spot it would be in the parking lot like the time at MSO.

That TeePee rescue was legendary!!!
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2017, 05:35:48 PM »
Yeah, that rescue was nuts. Good ole Larry.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2017, 06:29:24 PM »

That TeePee rescue was legendary!!!
That recovery was crazy. I didn’t think we would ever get to the end of the trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bobby

Offline jc79

• Visitor
OCTOBER 6TH - 8TH : HARLAN PICTURES,STORIES AND LIES
« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2017, 07:45:05 PM »
This was a really fun trip, guys.  2,758 miles driven.  It was like the good old days around the fire at night... and the food was really off the charts.  Thanks for welcoming my Dad again.  He really enjoys the group.

East Coast wheeling kind of kicked my butt.  I struggled with it the whole trip.  I had a hard time finding the sweet spot between what I like to do out here (slow with minimal tire slip) and just hammering the skinny pedal until I moved forward. 

On Saturday, I was with Ben, AJ and Kent/Marie in the afternoon.  I was in the back.  All of them did 3-point turns on this downhill trail turn leading to Your Turn.  I went into the turn, stopped, and went to backup to get lined up.  When I put the shifter into Reverse, I actually only put it into Neutral.  When I took my foot off the brake I moved forward a few feet or more before I could process what was happening. 

I knew I was in a bad spot.  My dad jumped out and said the rear/passenger was about a foot or less off the ground.  My spider senses said it was dicey, so I radioed down and Ben and AJ came up.  Everyone agreed that if I backed up real slow it should come down.  Well, I backed up like 6 inches real slow and it went up another 3 feet! 

They scrambled to grab my strap and one of AJ's and tied them together and to a very large tree at my 5 o'clock.  Moving forward to where I was originally let the tire get back down. 

Very sketchy situation, and as always, a great response from the group.

Glad I could help pay it back by running gas out to Danny.  As Jay said, we really struggled to find our way to him even with a trail map and Google Maps.  I'm guessing the trip was 30+ minutes each way.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 07:51:11 PM by jc79 »
Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2017, 07:55:38 PM »
Photo of the month shot! Just glad we got you back on all fours. Super sketchy for a time. I could feel it lift when I would let off pressure on the wheel. Lost all blood in the arms ha ha.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2017, 07:59:02 PM »
This was a really fun trip, guys.  2,758 miles driven.  It was like the good old days around the fire at night... and the food was really off the charts.  Thanks for welcoming my Dad again.  He really enjoys the group.

East Coast wheeling kind of kicked my butt.  I struggled with it the whole trip.  I had a hard time finding the sweet spot between what I like to do out here (slow with minimal tire slip) and just hammering the skinny pedal until I moved forward. 

On Saturday, I was with Ben, AJ and Kent/Marie in the afternoon.  I was in the back.  All of them did 3-point turns on this downhill trail turn leading to Your Turn.  I went into the turn, stopped, and went to backup to get lined up.  When I put the shifter into Reverse, I actually only put it into Neutral.  When I took my foot off the brake I moved forward a few feet or more before I could process what was happening. 

I knew I was in a bad spot.  My dad jumped out and said the rear/passenger was about a foot or less off the ground.  My spider senses said it was dicey, so I radioed down and Ben and AJ came up.  Everyone agreed that if I backed up real slow it should come down.  Well, I backed up like 6 inches real slow and it went up another 3 feet! 

They scrambled to grab my strap and one of AJ's and tied them together and to a very large tree at my 5 o'clock.  Moving forward to where I was originally let the tire get back down. 

Very sketchy situation, and as always, a great response from the group.

Glad I could help pay it back by running gas out to Danny.  As Jay said, we really struggled to find our way to him even with a trail map and Google Maps.  I'm guessing the trip was 30+ minutes each way.
Holy crap that's sketchy. Good to meet you finally and put a face with the smart ass post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM