BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Linked Events

• ADVENTURE OFFROAD PARK: October 03, 2017 - October 05, 2017

Author Topic: NOVEMBER: 3RD-5TH ADVENTURE OFFROAD PARK (DISCUSSION)  (Read 19854 times)

Offline ranier1315

• Visitor
    • Flameshots Photography
Re: NOVEMBER: 3RD-5TH ADVENTURE OFFROAD PARK (DISCUSSION)
« Reply #120 on: October 25, 2017, 01:42:46 PM »
Just checked in to see if I got a response and was totally surprised by the welcome!!!  I appreciate it and I will absolutely make it for AT LEAST all of Saturday.  If not all of Friday too.  I’m really considering camping out Friday night but I’ll be by myself and I don’t want to immediately intrude on people I’m meeting for the first time.  But if anyone doesn’t mind someone tagging along (camping) I think that’s what I’ll do.   I don’t drink (anymore) but I am totally comfortable around those that do.  I have a tent, bedding, cooler, lights, plenty of tools, etc.  but I’m not Bear Grylls either so again, I might need some pointers.  Haha.  Thanks everyone,  I definitely look forward to meeting everyone and I’m excited to hit AOP for the first time with some knowledgeable people.

If anyone has any recommendations on the camping aspect, like what to bring for myself and what I can bring for others feel free to give me some pointers.
Several of us will be camping. There isn't a specific campground but the main entrance parking area is a monster field. It is flat and grass. There are bathrooms and showers. If you want to go lightweight you can run to town for food but lunch is usually on the trail or a short stop at camp. You definitely won't be imposing. Most of the fun will be had around the campfire at night. Trust me...
Marc, Tracy, Jordan, and Tyler Allen

"Some women are like scooters, you have fun ridding them, you just wouldn't want your buddies to see you ridding them......" - A very wise man.

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #121 on: October 25, 2017, 01:53:49 PM »
Most of the fun will be had around the campfire at night. Trust me...

Sometimes is can be a snoozer though //LMAO//

Looking forward to this ride.  I haven't camped in a while but looks to be great camping weather.  I have a new tent that I bought in March and haven't taken it out of the box yet.  I better take it out and set it up before I go.

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #122 on: October 25, 2017, 01:56:11 PM »
I am new here and live in Atlanta.  I have a few buddies I ride with locally and I’ve been out a bunch of times.  I’ve never been to AOP, but would like to attend this ride if I’m welcome.  I don’t know anyone here (on GATR) and I would like to meet more people to ride with.  I have an ‘11 jku Sahara, tru trac w/ chromoly axles in the rear, 5.13’s, 37’s, 3.5” MC gamechanger, winch, CB, etc.  I still have the Dana 30 up front (starting to build a ‘04-06 superduty Dana 60 for the front but it won’t be finished and under the jeep till spring).  I do pretty good with what I have, I’ve surprised quite a few with what I’ve gotten up so if you think their will be a group I’d fit in with on the green and blue trails, I’d love to come and ride and meet some people.  I know I can do Friday & Saturday.  Thanks.

Welcome to the club! You'll have a great time at AOP. Tell your buddies they're welcome to join us as well.
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline ranier1315

• Visitor
    • Flameshots Photography
« Reply #123 on: October 25, 2017, 01:56:39 PM »

For some.... Just make sure there isn't a camera around....
Marc, Tracy, Jordan, and Tyler Allen

"Some women are like scooters, you have fun ridding them, you just wouldn't want your buddies to see you ridding them......" - A very wise man.

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #124 on: October 25, 2017, 02:22:00 PM »

For some.... Just make sure there isn't a camera around....

Or a river beside your camp....
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
« Reply #125 on: October 25, 2017, 02:23:06 PM »
Just checked in to see if I got a response and was totally surprised by the welcome!!!  I appreciate it and I will absolutely make it for AT LEAST all of Saturday.  If not all of Friday too.  I’m really considering camping out Friday night but I’ll be by myself and I don’t want to immediately intrude on people I’m meeting for the first time.  But if anyone doesn’t mind someone tagging along (camping) I think that’s what I’ll do.   I don’t drink (anymore) but I am totally comfortable around those that do.  I have a tent, bedding, cooler, lights, plenty of tools, etc.  but I’m not Bear Grylls either so again, I might need some pointers.  Haha.  Thanks everyone,  I definitely look forward to meeting everyone and I’m excited to hit AOP for the first time with some knowledgeable people.

If anyone has any recommendations on the camping aspect, like what to bring for myself and what I can bring for others feel free to give me some pointers.
Several of us will be camping. There isn't a specific campground but the main entrance parking area is a monster field. It is flat and grass. There are bathrooms and showers. If you want to go lightweight you can run to town for food but lunch is usually on the trail or a short stop at camp. You definitely won't be imposing. Most of the fun will be had around the campfire at night. Trust me...
Believe me, you'll be in good company. I've just about hit my one year mark with the group, but I've felt like family from day one. Good wheeling, great folks!!! It'll be a blast!!! There are several of us camping, and drinking or not, nothing beats a campfire in the mountains on a cool night. If you need anything, just ask, everyone is more than accommodating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jinxproof1996

• Visitor
« Reply #126 on: October 25, 2017, 04:12:48 PM »
Thank you all so much.  Can’t wait to meet everyone and hit AOP.  My buddy has a late 80’s, 4 liter Comanche he’s building that we just put a 6” lift on.  It’s not gonna be ready for this run, but he will be in the next few months.  He’s firing to go to AOP so he will come out soon.
‘11 JKU

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #127 on: October 25, 2017, 05:19:37 PM »
It just dawned on me that this is the same weekend that Antifa, or whatever they are called, declared war on America.
I'm 99% sure nothing will happen but if anything did I'd feel pretty bad I'm out having fun whilst my family is at home trying to defend it.

Anyone else have this trepidation?

Offline jinxproof1996

• Visitor
« Reply #128 on: October 25, 2017, 05:35:15 PM »
It just dawned on me that this is the same weekend that Antifa, or whatever they are called, declared war on America.
I'm 99% sure nothing will happen but if anything did I'd feel pretty bad I'm out having fun whilst my family is at home trying to defend it.

Anyone else have this trepidation?

I’ll be leaving my wife to hold down the fort.  I’m sure she can handle it with a sharp stick and my 13 year old dog.  ANTIFA won’t stand a chance.  Hahaha
‘11 JKU

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #129 on: October 25, 2017, 05:50:04 PM »
I'll be leaving my wife at home but her brother, an armed Marine lives with us so I'm pretty sure he can handle it.

I won't worry about it regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #130 on: October 25, 2017, 05:55:57 PM »
I feel silly thinking it let along saying it.

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #131 on: October 25, 2017, 06:55:34 PM »
WTF is up with the forecast?  C'mon!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM