BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Linked Events

• ADVENTURE OFFROAD PARK: October 03, 2017 - October 05, 2017

Author Topic: NOVEMBER: 3RD-5TH ADVENTURE OFFROAD PARK (DISCUSSION)  (Read 19756 times)

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
Re: NOVEMBER: 3RD-5TH ADVENTURE OFFROAD PARK (DISCUSSION)
« Reply #192 on: November 01, 2017, 04:08:42 PM »
I heard the Pavilion has electric  //LMAO//

I picked up two boneless butts at Kroger.  I'll put them on the BGE in the morning, let them cool when done and refrigerate.  So when i get there Friday morning, they will be in my cooler.

I have a deep and shallow pan that we can put water in the bottom and heat them up.  How? I'll rely on others to help figure that out.  Also, still need to know whether to shred when they come off of the grill or leave whole. 

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
NOVEMBER: 3RD-5TH ADVENTURE OFFROAD PARK (DISCUSSION)
« Reply #193 on: November 01, 2017, 04:11:31 PM »
I'm thinking about smoking a Boston Butt tomorrow and bringing it for Friday night.  How many pounds in order to feed those that want some?  Is there anyway to heat it up or serve cold?  Shred the pork when it's hot?  I've done 3 BB's over the past year but never travelled with one (or two). 

Let me know if y'all are interested by this afternoon so I can pick up the meat today.

When it’s done. Wrap it and let it sit for 20 minutes or so. Then pull it apart/shreds it, whatever you call it,  and put it in an aluminum pan and cover w foil.  Let it cool before you out in the fridge.  At AOP you can warm it up on a Grill very easily.

You don’t want to try and warm up the full, unshredded butt on a grill after it has been refrigerated all night. It will take for ever and not pull apart the same. Pull it or shred it after it has sat for a few minutes off the egg.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 04:15:06 PM by tcdawg »

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #194 on: November 01, 2017, 04:14:15 PM »
I'm thinking about smoking a Boston Butt tomorrow and bringing it for Friday night.  How many pounds in order to feed those that want some?  Is there anyway to heat it up or serve cold?  Shred the pork when it's hot?  I've done 3 BB's over the past year but never travelled with one (or two). 

Let me know if y'all are interested by this afternoon so I can pick up the meat today.

When it’s done. Wrap it and let it sit for 20 minutes or so. Then pull it apart and put it in an aluminum pan and cover w foil.  Let it cool before you out in the fridge.  At AOP you can warm it up on a Grill very easily.

Thanks Tony!

There will be right around 6lbs. of pork (pre-cook).

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #195 on: November 01, 2017, 04:24:03 PM »
This is my first time meeting you guys and I want to bring something to contribute.  If there’s anything I can bring to donate to the group as far as supply’s, food, drinks, etc please let me know.  I do not want to come empty handed that’s for sure.

Typically the new guy supplies all the beer for evening bonfire festivities. Most guys here like craft beers but a few (myself included) enjoy an ice cold coors light.

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
« Reply #196 on: November 01, 2017, 04:30:03 PM »
This is my first time meeting you guys and I want to bring something to contribute.  If there’s anything I can bring to donate to the group as far as supply’s, food, drinks, etc please let me know.  I do not want to come empty handed that’s for sure.

Typically the new guy supplies all the beer for evening bonfire festivities. Most guys here like craft beers but a few (myself included) enjoy an ice cold coors light.
Or yuengling.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #197 on: November 01, 2017, 04:35:51 PM »
Bourbon

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #198 on: November 01, 2017, 04:38:05 PM »
I can’t commit to anything just yet for Friday night. My attendance is weather dependent.  Bringing my 7 year old grandson if the weather holds out.

Offline jinxproof1996

• Visitor
« Reply #199 on: November 01, 2017, 04:56:24 PM »

That’s cool with me, I’ll get a case of yuengling, a case of coors and a case of something else.  And a bottle of bourbon.   I don’t drink so you won’t have to worry about me getting derailed on the drive and just drinking it all without you guys.

How many drinkers are coming would you say?  20-25??
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 05:00:05 PM by jinxproof1996 »
‘11 JKU

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #200 on: November 01, 2017, 05:06:56 PM »

That’s cool with me, I’ll get a case of yuengling, a case of coors and a case of something else.  And a bottle of bourbon.   I don’t drink so you won’t have to worry about me getting derailed on the drive and just drinking it all without you guys.

Sam is wasted after 2 beers, so....

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #201 on: November 01, 2017, 05:14:05 PM »
I don't drink....
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #202 on: November 01, 2017, 05:18:17 PM »

Well if you don't drink this this won't be any fun.

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #203 on: November 01, 2017, 05:39:27 PM »

Well if you don't drink this this won't be any fun.
Kevin is a big fan of sweet tea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM