BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Cutting the cord  (Read 827 times)

Offline Cleveland99

• Visitor
Re: Cutting the cord
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2017, 01:30:34 PM »
I use fire stick jail broken to run kodi not had cable/satellite since October last year just pay for Internet..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been wondering about that... what can you get?
I watch all tv shows and movies with no issues. Some people I know stream a lot of sports live I have never really messed with it on that end . But this far I like it much better than paying a lot out for cable,,,,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2017, 03:21:17 PM »
We ditched cable 4 or 5 years ago. I got a 100 mile OTA antenna from work. We also have Netflix & the wife is getting Hulu soon.
We don't miss it at all. Nothi g good was ever on anyway.
As far a sports, we may not get to see every UGA game but we do get to see some great games & cuss way less now at the tv.

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2017, 04:53:06 PM »
we ditched it a couple years ago too. netflix, amazon prime and fire stick, and hulu . . i woulda cancelled if i hadnt already when the pansies started their little hissy fits not standing for our flag.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2017, 05:15:58 PM »
Careful @Krawler00 Ben, that's a felony now.

I have DirecTV, Netflix, and Amazon Prime.  I'm ready to cut the cord.  The monthly on DTV is ridiculous.  The wife "has to have" HBO for Game of Thrones.  We do DVR a ton of shows from major networks and cable channels.  Need to spend some time to figure it out.

Did anyone read today about Netflix cancelling a dozen or so series? 

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2017, 05:21:49 PM »
I really wanted to try cutting DIRECTV, but was informed by a friend that they are very close to 4K. Looks like I will stick around.
Jay

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2017, 05:27:51 PM »
I really wanted to try cutting DIRECTV, but was informed by a friend that they are very close to 4K. Looks like I will stick around.

Were you going to cancel because they only had 1080p or something?  I don't get it...
Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2017, 05:42:32 PM »

Were you going to cancel because they only had 1080p or something?  I don't get it...

No, I was cancelling because they messed us over on Sunday Ticket and I kind of just wanted to do it. The 4K thing just enticed me enough to want to stick around.
Jay

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2017, 06:03:55 PM »
So, I love the idea of cutting the cord, but haven't found an economical enough solution to replacing my DVR. I've become so spoiled by not watching commercials or having to catch things live as they air that I'm not sure if I could go back, and I'm finding it difficult to find only one service that carries all of the channels that I watch. I'm with Comcast now, getting HBO for free, 99mb/s on the internet, and paying under $150 monthly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2017, 06:46:15 PM »
You guys could just cut the cord and not find a replacement... :-). Its not about the money for me.  I'm sure I could package up TV and Internet for less than $40/month more than I pay just for Internet.  I just don't care about what's on TV.

If its just about the money, call your carrier and tell them your cancelling, and wait for their price drop or special offer to keep your business.  Repeat as necessary. //popcorn//
Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline gint2

• Visitor
  • RAINMAN - 18436572
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2017, 11:05:38 PM »
TV is one thing I haven't missed over the past few years. The only time is when I want to watch storm stuff.... I have a iPad for that. We use Netflix's, Amazon, and YouTube. I also have an Apple TV but mostly use my Fire box with Kodi and watch movies that are still in the theaters. That thing is great and I'm sure I haven't tapped it's potential. I do all that and have the U-Verse 18mb plan.
JK-AJ

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM