BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: NOV 3-5 - AOP : PICS, VIDEOS, STORIES, LIES.... CARNAGE  (Read 7900 times)

Offline Bjk77

• Visitor
Re: NOV 3-5 - AOP : PICS, VIDEOS, STORIES, LIES.... CARNAGE
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2017, 10:24:42 AM »
Hey guys jus wanted to say it was a awesome day Saturday me and my family had a blast. It was nice meeting all u guys. And we can’t say enough about the group we road with. Hope to make it up on another ride soon.

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2017, 11:24:15 AM »
A few that I took.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2017, 11:37:26 AM »
Jimbo glad you had your epi-pen. I didn't even think to
bring mine. Was a little nervous after I got stung but
turned out ok....I can handle 1 sting now a days not sure
if I could take anymore.
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2017, 11:40:09 AM »
A few that I took.

Larry what was your friend's name? I think he took a few good ones as well

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2017, 11:44:54 AM »
That would be David. I will see if he can text me the pics.

Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline RedDragonATL

• GATR STAFF
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2017, 12:43:52 PM »
Here are my pics.  Wet Friday (VERY!), but Saturday was much better and the wheeling was still very good.  Challenge level definitely was up a notch or two due to the mud/water.

Jason

I'd like to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

2001 Jeep TJ, Cooper STT Pro 35s, 4.56s, D30 Spartan front, D44 ARB rear,Fender armor, sliders

Offline RedDragonATL

• GATR STAFF
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2017, 12:46:11 PM »

« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 12:47:10 PM by RedDragonATL »
Jason

I'd like to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

2001 Jeep TJ, Cooper STT Pro 35s, 4.56s, D30 Spartan front, D44 ARB rear,Fender armor, sliders

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2017, 01:26:28 PM »
Pic dump. @Scott F. @Danny Kinder @BigMike @tjsahara00 @lt99ls1

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 01:28:05 PM by patman »

Offline Grass Janitor

• GATR STAFF
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2017, 06:31:15 PM »
I had a blast as well, was afraid the wet conditions would suck but Chris did a great job starting us off easy and finding some tougher trails after lunch. Great meeting everyone. I’ll definitely be back for more.
Sam- Silver 2012 JKUR on 37s

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2017, 08:29:26 PM »
Had a great time out at AOP this past weekend. Despite the weather we got some good riding in.  we had good groups both Friday and Saturday. We even did some good obstacles in the down pour on Friday. Some ledges became actual waterfall obstacles to climb.

Thanks to everyone that helped out during the winchfest. We had a mini winchfest on a short new black trail before lunch and then of course after lunch was trail 47. 47 has gotten even more dugout than before. I don't know if I could even make the big ledge anymore when it's dry.

@Danny Kinder showed the perfect use for those 42 Treps, they were killing it on trail 47 (the heavy throttle and momentum might have helped as well).

Carnage for me was my Artec ram mount on the front axle. It took one too many hits and decided to fold upward. Also, a different seam on my RCI fuel cell got a hairline crack in it.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 08:32:05 PM by Scott F. »

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2017, 09:16:29 PM »
Had a great time out at AOP this past weekend. Despite the weather we got some good riding in.  we had good groups both Friday and Saturday. We even did some good obstacles in the down pour on Friday. Some ledges became actual waterfall obstacles to climb.

Thanks to everyone that helped out during the winchfest. We had a mini winchfest on a short new black trail before lunch and then of course after lunch was trail 47. 47 has gotten even more dugout than before. I don't know if I could even make the big ledge anymore when it's dry.

@Danny Kinder showed the perfect use for those 42 Treps, they were killing it on trail 47 (the heavy throttle and momentum might have helped as well).

Carnage for me was my Artec ram mount on the front axle. It took one too many hits and decided to fold upward. Also, a different seam on my RCI fuel cell got a hairline crack in it.
Well, thank goodness you have a spare, double welded tank.

Any thoughts about how to make a better Artec mouse trap? I'm sure it'll be mine doing the same thing eventually.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2017, 09:38:24 PM »
Killer weekend!!!! Seemed like it was easier driving Friday during the torrential downpour. My buddy's that came out with me had a blast, looks like one is going to join the group and start riding on a regular basis( he's been riding for years, just steered away from clubs because of drama, seems like he really clicked well with everyone this weekend)

Kudos to Karl, Sam, and Jeff. Great job guys!!! That was probably some of the toughest wheeling I've done with the group and looks like we came out semi unscathed. Great additions to the group. You guys can really drive!!! There were several spots I didn't think we would make up without pulling line, but I was proven wrong.

I did flop on Friday night during a night ride trying to follow a guy on tons. No body damage, just an asshole pucker for about an hour until they got me put back on all fours. One of my buddy's got tons of video and pics, after he sifts through everything I'll post up what he's got.

Another successful weekend!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allow me to underline that statement about this being some of the toughest wheeling Chris has done with the group but alter it to include - for me -  this being my INTRO ride with the group as well as that , lol.

@Chris36l was our FEARLESS leader all Saturday ( after his flop the nite before ,mind you ) as @Grass Janitor mentioned, easing us into progressively harder trails ( “f this rock!”) . Watched him literally take on each trail ,note it’s number & then completely slay each one and THEN spot each of us like a pro.
This guy open / open wheeled some of the wisest lines and hardest things I’ve ever seen a JKU take on at AOP & maybe anywhere. I’ve wheeled a lot but always alone ; this initial wheeling with the GATR was possibly one of the most awesome times I’ve had with my rig.  At risk of sounding insincere, it truly was due in part to the fact that the other guys I was with were just wheeling the h*ll outta their Jeeps this day. Flat out good driving. All of our party was dropjawed at least once on each trail we hit,amazed at getting each other thru stuff ,working together, getting each other’s backs and just plain having fun.
Lotsa fun.

Thanks, Chris , Karl, Sam ,Rhett ( get that red rubi ready , dude!) and the buddies that came with each.

I’m still grinning .

Oh, of course I forgot my GoPro SD card. I do hope some pix were gotten so I don’t sound like I’m making this stuff up.

The only vid my daughter got is below.

( damage report : likely bent flange on rear 44 housing..slow leaked Amsoil 75w-140 all way to nashville ...
+ my skid plates won’t speak to me . Dunno why.

my daughter - also still grinning - got 1 vid of her old man ...

/>
can’t wait for next ride. I can’t thank @tcdawg enough for connecting me to GATR.  Confidence and good camaraderie from rolling in as a new guy at the rider meeting till roasting ladybugs around the bonfire later that night. ;p

Thanks all.
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM