BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: NOV 3-5 - AOP : PICS, VIDEOS, STORIES, LIES.... CARNAGE  (Read 7898 times)

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: NOV 3-5 - AOP : PICS, VIDEOS, STORIES, LIES.... CARNAGE
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2017, 05:24:09 AM »
No puddin, just bbq.

The leafs were perfect this weekend!!!!
Yellowjacket got Jimbo & he is allergic to them.

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
Re: AOP - NOV 3-5 : PICS, VIDEOS, STORIES, LIES.... CARNAGE
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2017, 07:40:06 AM »
All cleaned up as well and I finally got my sticker on. Ready for the next ride!

We had a blast. Was worried about the mud, but it turned just fine. Thanks for leading us around @jimbo.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Darn!
I didn’t see the options for the cut-out , non white background decals like that. Looks great . Can’t believe y’all cleaned up your rigs so fast !

What a great time.

Our group that @Chris36l  lead ( like a champion , btw. Dude can drive! ) hit med / intermediate trails (11,7,90,91,92,93,25&35 iirc) and nailed them all day long. My stupid self left the SD card for my GoPro at home and only got boring dash shots of Sam @Grass Janitor  and @jinxproof1996 rears from the dash  //:'(//

The trails we hit were just great and I am so glad I met y’all.
 Daughter and I had a blast and can’t stop yapping about it.
Here’s a pano of the campsite. Ladybugville.
 I got a vid of Sam and a friend we met and took down a few trails but unfortunately no other images = bummer cuz as I said, we four in my group  boogied down on the spots @Chris36l took us down.

and only other pict I grabbed was back at Carl ( @jinxproof1996 ) from my seat ...

here’s Sam ( @Grass Janitor )  comin off a very offcamber spot on 91 ( watch the pickup friend’s lean after Sam, heh) but sorry for the horrible filming by yours truly
/>
somebody else may have snagged video or images of the four of us cause there was some impressive driving by Chris + rest of us with the conditions of the trails

J

(edited to change color of text : Tapatalk users on moble devices were not seeing text colored as I had it)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 09:29:40 AM by j3ff3ry_j33p »
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
Re: AOP - NOV 3-5 : PICS, VIDEOS, STORIES, LIES.... CARNAGE
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2017, 07:43:35 AM »
All cleaned up as well and I finally got my sticker on. Ready for the next ride!

We had a blast. Was worried about the mud, but it turned just fine. Thanks for leading us around @jimbo.

Darn!
I didn’t see the options for the cut-out , non white background decals like that. Looks great . Can’t believe y’all cleaned up your rigs so fast !

What a great time.

Our group that @Chris36l  lead ( like a champion , btw. Dude can drive! ) hit med / intermediate trails (11,7,90,91,92,93,25&35 iirc) and nailed them all day long. My stupid self left the SD card for my GoPro at home and only got boring dash shots of @Anvilsam or @jinxproof1996 rears from the dash  //:'(//

I got a vid of Sam and a friend we met and took down a few trails but unfortunately no other images = bummer cuz as I said, we four in my group  boogied down on the spots @Chris36l took us down.

and only other pict I grabbed was back at Carl ( @jinxproof1996 ) from my seat ...

here’s @Anvilsam comin off a very offcamber spot on 91 ( watch the pickup friend’s lean after Sam, heh) but sorry for the horrible filming by yours truly ...
/>
somebody else may have snagged video or images of the four of us cause there was some impressive driving by Chris + rest of us with the conditions of the trails .

J

[/color]

#notanvilsam

Online tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2017, 07:52:46 AM »

Darn!

What a great time.

Our group that @Chris36l  lead ( like a champion , btw. Dude can drive! ) hit med / intermediate trails (11,7,90,91,92,93,25&35 iirc) and nailed them all day long. My stupid self left the SD card for my GoPro at home and only got boring dash shots of @Anvilsam or @jinxproof1996 rears from the dash  //:'(//

here’s @Anvilsam comin off a very offcamber spot on 91 ( watch the pickup friend’s lean after Sam, heh) but sorry for the horrible filming by yours truly ...
/>
somebody else may have snagged video or images of the four of us cause there was some impressive driving by Chris + rest of us with the conditions of the trails .

J

[/color]

#notanvilsam

#4x4king maybe?

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2017, 07:55:06 AM »

I fixed it @Anvilsam . VERY sorry and noob mistake/assumption .
I wondered why a silver Jeep would go by ‘Anvil’ . I did mention I’m simply the worst with names !

edit: it was Sam @Grass Janitor that I , of course, mucked his nickname up, heh.
Conditions were actually not as bad as they looked. Traction still available from leaves and rocks when necessary.
Jeffery
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 09:30:22 AM by j3ff3ry_j33p »
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2017, 08:00:35 AM »

I fixed it @Anvilsam . VERY sorry and noob mistake/assumption .
I wondered why a silver Jeep would go by ‘Anvil’ . I did mention I’m simply the worst with names !

no worries buddy. I was too scared of the mud to come out this weekend.

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2017, 08:18:54 AM »
The part that sucked were the swarms of lady bugs and yellow jackets. Kevin was the first to get stung and heard someone else got stung twice. It was a bitch packing up trying not bring back a 100 lady bugs inside the Jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I recall one time packing up my tent when the lady bug infestation had occurred at AOP.  The next time I opened up my tent there still around a hundred of them caught in the mesh windows...still alive!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The Google is stong

Why They Do It. Known as cluster-hibernators, ladybugs swarm because they're looking for a warm place to hibernate for winter. When one of them finds a suitable place to spend the winter, it releases a pheromone that attracts a couple gazillion more of them.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2017, 09:01:06 AM »

Darn!

What a great time.

/>

J

[/color]

#notanvilsam

#4x4king maybe?
I bought the sticker at GATRfest.

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2017, 09:26:21 AM »
Dinner Friday night turned out great with @BigMike bringing out some pork that rivaled @tcdawg 's...I could see a pork off on a future ride, no shortage of judges. The chili soup actually thickend up enough to make a very good chili. Thanks Karl @jinxproof1996 for getting the rice and cheese and for everyone else that I am probably forgetting.

I had a great time.
We'll except for getting stung and having to pop my Epi pen, right after lunch on Saturday. Thankfully Jody's wife, Amanda, and Marie, played nurse on Saturday and really helped make sure I was ok. I really appreciate it. That took a lot out of me. I probably should have stayed and took a nap but I bailed Saturday night amidst the SWARM. It really needs to cool off.

I made the mistake on Sunday of washing my hand in hot water and the poison's swelled back up.

Carnage wise I put a small dent in my new slider fascia on the driver side at the back door. I'm glad it happened on the George Winter Trail. On the passenger side of the fascia the paint is bubbling loose, in the same location. Maybe oil on the fascia when it was painted. I don't know. There's no primer so I will probably touch it up with some gray primer and after I really scar them up I'll have them sandblasted and repainted. They are a pretty accent, but they are sacrificial. They also hold a lot of mud!

Leading is tedious when you don't know where you are going but we managed. We rode Blues and Greens. It was actually easier in the morning. I thought the afternoon would dry out but the water must have had more time to drain down because it got slicker.

Lockers are the Bomb  //ROCKIN//
Trail 12 into 10 was probably the biggest pucker moment droppin' into that single rut after the narrow passage between those 2 boulders. And then slip sliding sideways and having to drive out of the slide to avoid the tree. That was a bit hairy. Those boulders got a hold of @4X4KING and gave him a love tap into his new antenna mount and body at the passenger rear corner.

Big Thanks to @Trailabite  for spotting me and for pulling line and the encouragement. My winch was put to use this weekend and it served me and the @4X4KING  well. From what I heard everybody pulled cable at some point.

I posted a few photo's and a bad video to the GATR Facebook page.

I cleaned the Jeep Sunday morning and dropped it back off at Allsouth. The Caster has it steering like an old F100 (Wonky between 10 and 2) on the road and the vibration is still present.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2017, 09:35:14 AM »
Killer weekend!!!! Seemed like it was easier driving Friday during the torrential downpour. My buddy's that came out with me had a blast, looks like one is going to join the group and start riding on a regular basis( he's been riding for years, just steered away from clubs because of drama, seems like he really clicked well with everyone this weekend)

Kudos to Karl, Sam, and Jeff. Great job guys!!! That was probably some of the toughest wheeling I've done with the group and looks like we came out semi unscathed. Great additions to the group. You guys can really drive!!! There were several spots I didn't think we would make up without pulling line, but I was proven wrong.

I did flop on Friday night during a night ride trying to follow a guy on tons. No body damage, just an asshole pucker for about an hour until they got me put back on all fours. One of my buddy's got tons of video and pics, after he sifts through everything I'll post up what he's got.

Another successful weekend!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2017, 09:39:38 AM »
Sherry playing around.

/>

Chuck & Sherry

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2017, 09:41:27 AM »
Another Sherry one lol. Yes, she showed me up this weekend.

/>

Chuck & Sherry

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM