BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Skyline WMA  (Read 1364 times)

Offline Bamacon

• Visitor
Skyline WMA
« on: November 14, 2017, 07:18:12 PM »
Have any of the members ever ridden over on the James D Martin Skyline WMA? The gates open in mid sept. and close at the end of April , the roads are pretty well maintained but do get a little rutty by the end of hunting season. I am in Fort Payne Al. and its about 45 miles for me but there are roughly 40 miles of trails to ride. Just seeing if there were any interest. Thanks Mike

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: Skyline WMA
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 07:29:13 PM »
Have any of the members ever ridden over on the James D Martin Skyline WMA? The gates open in mid sept. and close at the end of April , the roads are pretty well maintained but do get a little rutty by the end of hunting season. I am in Fort Payne Al. and its about 45 miles for me but there are roughly 40 miles of trails to ride. Just seeing if there were any interest. Thanks Mike
I've been there.  Beautiful area and a few nice spots but not worth the trip from GA.

Offline gint2

• Visitor
  • RAINMAN - 18436572
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 08:01:59 PM »

@Doug and I went the same weekend. There were only a couple trails we saw that were worthy. The river was rather cool to wheel in. The other 39.5 miles of trails seemed like they could be done in less than an hour doing 40 mph.

Maybe we didn't get put on the "good stuff" but that was just my take. 
JK-AJ

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 10:05:54 PM »
The other 39.5 miles of trails seemed like they could be done in less than an hour doing 40 mph.

You're going to cover 40 miles at 40 miles per hour in less than an hour?

Im intrigued!

Offline gint2

• Visitor
  • RAINMAN - 18436572
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 10:09:32 PM »
The other 39.5 miles of trails seemed like they could be done in less than an hour doing 40 mph.

You're going to cover 40 miles at 40 miles per hour in less than an hour?

Im intrigued!

Only 39.5, Chuck Norris can cover 40 in less than an hour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JK-AJ

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 05:08:58 AM »
I think he was hinting on doing this on the daylight saving weekend.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM