BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: MORRIS MTN ORV PARK & CAMPGROUND - JAN 12TH - 14th - CHECK IN  (Read 6703 times)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: MORRIS MTN ORV PARK & CAMPGROUND - JAN 12TH - 14th - CHECK IN
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2018, 08:02:57 AM »
Yup that started it. But Afraid to turn it off.  That’s why I’m headed to allsouth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That will be $80 mechanic fee. Just PayPal it to me please. 

Sorry I had already done that and typed the message while I was gassing up to come home.   

When I got to Allsouth I turned it off and tried to start it.  It started up.  Only thing is I aired up using onboard compressor. With out the engine running. Maybe it drained the battery but I had power to run the radio clock all all the other stuff. Maybe it was to drained to engage the starter.  It was clicking but not turning over.   After I was on the road the p0300 code went away. And the engine was not running rough anymore.  Strange. I will still have Danny look at it

Damn if only we had just used the jump pack I’d still have skin on my ankle!

What!? Y'all didn't try jumping it at least once???

Future reference:
http://www.ifitjams.com/starting.htm

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2018, 08:20:06 AM »
Yup that started it. But Afraid to turn it off.  That’s why I’m headed to allsouth

That will be $80 mechanic fee. Just PayPal it to me please. 

Sorry I had already done that and typed the message while I was gassing up to come home.   

When I got to Allsouth I turned it off and tried to start it.  It started up.  Only thing is I aired up using onboard compressor. With out the engine running. Maybe it drained the battery but I had power to run the radio clock all all the other stuff. Maybe it was to drained to engage the starter.  It was clicking but not turning over.   After I was on the road the p0300 code went away. And the engine was not running rough anymore.  Strange. I will still have Danny look at it

Damn if only we had just used the jump pack I’d still have skin on my ankle!

What!? Y'all didn't try jumping it at least once???

Future reference:
http://www.ifitjams.com/starting.htm

No that was my bad.  should have at least tried.   we just worked on push starting it right off the bat.  as the battery seemed fine, had juice, it seemed like it was working just fine.  compressor would come on just fine, lights, radio everything was working. but starting. 

Poor reaction on my part.   nxt time will have the jeep running while filling up tires, thats for sure.  i figured since the batter was only 2 years old and a heavyer duty one it was not the issue, i had suspected something else, and then once it started it was rough... sounded like a misfire. and i had a p0300 code , it ran but sounded like a buggy.  once i got on the highway about 50ish. it stopped and never thru the code.  got to allsouth and it started up just find, no code, ...   

... so i came home, started up again fine, no code.     it was a code, long day.  got a leg crap at 9pm eating dinner , worst pain i had flet in a long time.  wife fixed some comfort food.  home made mac-n-cheese, black-eyed peas, collard greens, yeast rolls , pinto beans, beef tips.   much better than staying mummyfied in my sleeping bag sat nite.   

we did have a good friday nite, used tarps to close in part of the pavilion and had a fire, toasty warm. 

Great people wheeling fri/sat.  Chris had several of his highschool friends, a few of the trails where wet, slick rock but we where able to get some good wheeling in, some of the trails where not as wet and pretty fun.  but like most trips, the company and campfire talk was as much fun.   
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2018, 08:27:43 AM »
It's fun to Sunday morning quarterback peeps who actually wheeled on Saturday while I was doing nothing productive.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2018, 08:36:33 AM »
It's fun to Sunday morning quarterback peeps who actually wheeled on Saturday while I was doing nothing productive.

blah, no worries, everyone does it, u should have come for a day ride, it was cold but the day was not unbearable, it was the night or .. more sleeping in a cold tent.   Chris did find an electical outlet and had a portable heater plugged in so his tent was toasty warm.   only bad part was getting out of the warm sleeping bag to pee in the middle of the nite.   besides that.  actually very nice.
Kent Casey

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
MORRIS MTN ORV PARK & CAMPGROUND - JAN 12TH - 14th - CHECK IN
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2018, 09:28:19 AM »
Thanks for leading Chris! Erin and I had a lot of fun!

Finally went to the garage and surveyed the damage - managed to knock my PSC rear diff cover loose so looks like I’ll be resealing that today. Other than that just some good shots to the skid plates! Still had the stock gas skid and that has a nice crease through it now so might be time to replace it

Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2018, 09:42:46 AM »

Finally went to the garage and surveyed the damage - managed to knock my PSC rear diff cover loose so looks like I’ll be resealing that today. Other than that just some good shots to the skid plates! Still had the stock gas skid and that has a nice crease through it now so might be time to replace it

You may want to consider getting Lube Lockers for your differentials to make your life easier, and according to off-road guru, Wesley Bramlett (aka @jeepson33s ), they act as a self-sealing solution when the diff cover gets bumped.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2018, 09:44:39 AM »
Yeah I might see if advance has them. Otherwise I won’t have time to wait for amazon since it’s my DD

Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2018, 09:48:25 AM »
Yeah I might see if advance has them. Otherwise I won’t have time to wait for amazon since it’s my DD

Yeah, you'll very likely have to order it online, unless Summit Racing carries them.  You may not have a choice today, but that excuse only works once.  Good luck.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2018, 10:13:20 AM »

Yup, chris did a great job leading us around the park, everyone wheeled great.  Sorry @TravisMac  about your diff.  @clark123456  had a great suggestion maybe a good thing to keep on hand for the future. 
Kent Casey

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2018, 12:23:15 PM »

Well that sucks. In the garage can stink up the entire house so I would clean it up asap.

@TravisMac  Ignore @Doug he is one of those yahoo's that like to sit in his chair in the warm house and pic on other folks that actually wheel.  ;) 
Kent Casey

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM