BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Interesting  (Read 216 times)

Offline Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Interesting
« on: June 03, 2019, 07:33:45 PM »
Get dirty, or get off the trail!

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
Re: Interesting
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 07:50:23 PM »
hrmm...

Online TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 08:59:50 PM »
Currie did something one time on how “usable” wheel travel plays in, and that the sway bar gives more downforce through the more important parts of down travel.

Basically you can flex further down without the sway bar, but you’ll get more traction with a torsion bar. 
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Online Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 09:06:03 PM »
I ran my old setup with a stock bar on the rear which was great but limited wheel travel, no bar at all in the rear Off-roading, and then finally my custom setup. No bar made me a firm believer in having something back there. Super sketchy and won’t be trying it with my current setup esp with the million dollar gas tank hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 10:38:46 PM »
I could three-wheel-it on demand without the rear in my old TJ so I had that going for me. I left it out for about 6 months in my TJ and was happy to put it back on. I appreciated it both on road and off.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2019, 07:37:31 AM »
I could three-wheel-it on demand without the rear in my old TJ so I had that going for me. I left it out for about 6 months in my TJ and was happy to put it back on. I appreciated it both on road and off.

At least on the portlier JKs w 4 doors, as well as any rocksport rig or crawler , it's my experience that there's usable downward travel & there's unusable downward travel. Once you unconnect the front , if you remove that connection out back , the extreme limits of the downward travel will be useless for assisting in traction instead promoting walking , hanging & very likely flopping onto side . The key is mitigating too much by choosing the right gauge torsion /sway bar diameter for that rigs weight .
 I akso played w different bushings & found very, very noticeable differences between bushing durometers  that can be run on rear stock swaybars. I wanted a thinner ,less stout ( flexy-er)
 but still stock , went w a 2door JKs bar out back but moved to stiffer polyurethane bushings ( Energy and Prothane ) over the factory rubber . It made greater stability when.front was disco'ed than the rubber mopars. Just my experience.
I always heard to get full advantage out if AntiRock it's designed to run back & front bars but we know that doesn't necessarily apply to our part of the country.
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2019, 09:50:26 AM »
Running a front/rear sway bar is completely subjective to the platform you are using, how the suspension is currently set up and the owner of the platform desire for performance on the pavement, on the trails and on the rocks. 
Anybody who thinks one answer fits all doesn't realize you have more than one question that has to be answered.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2019, 11:10:10 AM »
Running a front/rear sway bar is completely subjective to the platform you are using, how the suspension is currently set up and the owner of the platform desire for performance on the pavement, on the trails and on the rocks. 
Anybody who thinks one answer fits all doesn't realize you have more than one question that has to be answered.

Larry with the knowledge boys!!!
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM