BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Home security cameras  (Read 2661 times)

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Home security cameras
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2018, 08:51:31 AM »
Can you set a time for them to start with motion detection?
They do have a schedule you can set.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2018, 08:51:51 AM »
Can you set a time for them to start with motion detection?
They do have a schedule you can set.
Nice. Thanks
Jay

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2018, 09:13:11 AM »
My Blink system has already been useful.  On Wednesday the mail carrier dropped off the mail and left a card in the mailbox saying they couldn't reach me to deliver a package. They never pulled up in the driveway and knocked on the door or anything and I got it all on camera. Thursday when I had to leave work in Dalton and drive to the post office in Chatsworth to get my package upon arriving I asked to speak to the postmaster or a supervisor. When the postmaster/supervisor came to the front I handed them the card and asked for my package. He looked a little pissed that I asked for him to get my package but he got it anyway. Then I said to him "I bet you had better things to do to right? Let me show you something." I showed him the video of the mail carrier not doing fuck all to deliver my package. He response was "I will handle the problem so that doesn't happen again." I did tell him "Thank you'. Bet my mail goes missing or gets destroyed for the next few weeks.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2018, 12:38:02 PM »
My Blink system has already been useful.  On Wednesday the mail carrier dropped off the mail and left a card in the mailbox saying they couldn't reach me to deliver a package. They never pulled up in the driveway and knocked on the door or anything and I got it all on camera. Thursday when I had to leave work in Dalton and drive to the post office in Chatsworth to get my package upon arriving I asked to speak to the postmaster or a supervisor. When the postmaster/supervisor came to the front I handed them the card and asked for my package. He looked a little pissed that I asked for him to get my package but he got it anyway. Then I said to him "I bet you had better things to do to right? Let me show you something." I showed him the video of the mail carrier not doing fawk all to deliver my package. He response was "I will handle the problem so that doesn't happen again." I did tell him "Thank you'. Bet my mail goes missing or gets destroyed for the next few weeks.

Love that story.  I've had the same damn thing happen and what a PITA to go by the post office. 

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2018, 11:46:00 PM »
How are these doing?

All of mine have the power wired since it is so easy with low voltage. I would worry about the batteries gong dead even with the warnings.
Mine are doing great.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2018, 06:22:10 AM »
I have the blink indoor cameras and I also use the Arlo Pro wireless for outdoor. They also have been great.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2018, 10:49:10 AM »
Batteries last 2+ years. And it notifies you if they are low, but I haven’t had to change any of them yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline 8lugLJ

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2018, 03:50:09 PM »
fixing to order  this setup, a friend just stopped by and told me his directional boring rig was stolen from the equipment repair/meth lab across the road from me and i might wanna upgrade my security. $60k rig just gone. wtf.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2018, 04:06:40 PM »
I ordered and have received 3 of the outdoor (strictly because of the temp range stated on the indoor stops at 32* WTH) and 1 indoor camera to set up for Madisons apt at college.  I'll get more for home if it works out.  Will install this weekend. 

Looked hard and long at the others but no wiring FTW!

@Danny Kinder
It looks like you don't have yours programmed to turn off when yall are at home and they are always recording 30 second segments when triggered by motion?  Does that help with parenting?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 04:09:05 PM by Doug »

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2018, 05:08:18 PM »
The only camera I have inside is in the garage.  I have adjusted my camera to different sensitivities, clip lengths and retrigger times based on where the camera is at.

You will most likely adjust and play with the settings and maybe even the camera position for the first two weeks.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2018, 07:26:53 PM »
So there is an indoor and an outdoor...good to know. 

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2018, 07:45:56 PM »
Just buy the black cameras and put them any where you want them.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM