BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Currie Antirock  (Read 2520 times)

Offline flashover101

• Visitor
Currie Antirock
« on: December 22, 2017, 10:11:25 AM »
I’m considering installing the Antirocks on my 2014 JK but would like to hear some more feedback from those of you that have had them for a while. I’ve looked back on posts from a several years ago when installations were a common thread. I’ve also talked to several of you on the trails and it seemed like the consensus was positive. I use my JK for both trails and street but have previously had problems with my 37’s and sway bar disconnects.
Mike
2014 JK

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
Currie Antirock
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 10:19:49 AM »
After installing mine, I noticed a more stable feeling on the trails. I didn’t notice much change on the road.

Edit: It is a glorious feeling to get off the trail and not have to reconnect.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 10:20:42 AM by Raisinhead »
Jay

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
Re: Currie Antirock
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 10:36:41 AM »
Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 10:45:38 AM »
I’m gonna go against what most people say. My jeep is flexy and I noticed myself lifting my tires off the ground more than without. I got rid of it and went back to a stock swaybar setup that I just disconnect.

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 11:25:10 AM »
I've got ORI's and still decided to put an AntiRock up front for good measure.  I don't know how much it helps, but my rig is as stable as I could ask for.  And I'm comfortable that the Antirock doesn't limit my flex.
Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2017, 11:44:18 AM »
I’m gonna go against what most people say. My jeep is flexy and I noticed myself lifting my tires off the ground more than without. I got rid of it and went back to a stock swaybar setup that I just disconnect.

This is the 2nd time I have heard this mentioned. I know Kent also had issues. I like the idea of not having to disconnect. Is there a difference in adjustability between the different Models ? are there other options, similar set-ups ?
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 12:50:16 PM »
back to topic.  sorry if i derailed the thread.

My take.  Off road i had no issues, it was on the road i struggled.  the JK version did not have holes to make adjustments and it just did not feel as stable to me, more personal pref.   many folks in the club have them and have no issues.  either way, its a solid product, proven.   I just decided its not for me, went back to the quick disconnetcs.  and im happy atm.  takes me a few min to disconnect and a few min to reconnect. 
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2017, 12:57:57 PM »
After installing mine, I noticed a more stable feeling on the trails. I didn’t notice much change on the road.

Edit: It is a glorious feeling to get off the trail and not have to reconnect.

Same

Definitely more stability offroad.  I switched and noticed immediately that when I dropped into a hole or off a ledge I didn't get that side to side boat rocking feeling anymore.  Sometimes that was very disconcerting depending on how off camber it was.  I have not noticed any loss in droop but I know there is probably a tiny bit. 

And same

I very much like my AR

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2017, 01:11:05 PM »
I've got ORI's and still decided to put an AntiRock up front for good measure.  I don't know how much it helps, but my rig is as stable as I could ask for.  And I'm comfortable that the Antirock doesn't limit my flex.
One day you need to unhook it and see how your jeep works and then you'll know for sure. You might just be carrring extra weigjt lol.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline gint2

• Visitor
  • RAINMAN - 18436572
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2017, 01:23:07 PM »
Maybe it’s a 2 door issue with on road handling being less than desirable.  All the 4drs seem to love it. Sam had off-road issues only, but I think.... wait, word of the day... ASSUME he doesn’t drive it on road too much. 

JK-AJ

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2017, 01:34:43 PM »
Maybe it’s a 2 door issue with on road handling being less than desirable.  All the 4drs seem to love it. Sam had off-road issues only, but I think.... wait, word of the day... ASSUME he doesn’t drive it on road too much. 

I 100% deserve that.  my bad.
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2017, 02:26:11 PM »
I've thought about it but right now I drive on the road too much.  I do have the factory Rubicon disconnect so I don't have to disconnect manually.  Does anyone have them front and rear or just up front?

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM