BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Lake Lanier (Or as some call it “Georgia’s cursed lake”)  (Read 2602 times)

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Lake Lanier (Or as some call it “Georgia’s cursed lake”)
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2018, 05:46:56 PM »
^^^that's why I dont go head first water where I can't see the bottom

Offline xjcrawler

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2018, 08:05:37 PM »
Here’s one that never made sense, rumor was there was also $5,000 cash sitting on the kitchen counter.......

http://accesswdun.com/article/2006/10/101345

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2018, 09:41:43 AM »
Here’s one that never made sense, rumor was there was also $5,000 cash sitting on the kitchen counter.......

Yeah I used to send him work back in the day. I always thought something weird happened there. He was in great shape. It'd be hard to believe that he just drowned..
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2018, 11:18:14 AM »

Yeah I used to send him work back in the day. I always thought something weird happened there. He was in great shape. It'd be hard to believe that he just drowned..

If you got knocked unconscious while in the water, you would drown within 10 seconds. You will involuntary “breathe” in water and your heart will stop beating in a minute. Dying may take 3-4 minutes. It's all about how you hit the water.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline xjcrawler

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2018, 02:18:30 PM »

He always reminded me of the 70's drug dealer with his leather coat and big shirt collars.

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2018, 12:32:06 PM »
Got another one over the weekend

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/lake-lanier-drowning-victim-was-swimming-closed-area-official-says/R2EO5WwMNxrLltTm5i0xtL/

Yeah, can't understand this...

“Friends of the victim stated they had swum out to the boundary of the beach area at the park and were returning to shore when the victim went into distress and under the surface of the water,” Wilson said. “Multiple bystanders attempted to assist the victim without success.”
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline gint2

• Visitor
  • RAINMAN - 18436572
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2018, 08:55:33 PM »

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/lake-lanier-drowning-victim-was-swimming-closed-area-official-says/R2EO5WwMNxrLltTm5i0xtL/

“Friends of the victim stated they had swum out to the boundary of the beach area at the park and were returning to shore when the victim went into distress and under the surface of the water,” Wilson said. “Multiple bystanders attempted to assist the victim without success.”

The thing I don't get is every radio station  and news outlet is telling people to stay out of the lake... people are smarter than the officials.... now the lake has claimed 3 more lives.
JK-AJ

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2018, 07:47:47 AM »

The thing I don't get is every radio station  and news outlet is telling people to stay out of the lake... people are smarter than the officials.... now the lake has claimed 3 more lives.
I don't understand your point, AJ.  Are you saying radio and TV hosts are people, and they're smarter than officials (who aren't people)?  Or that non-radio and non-tv and non-officials (I.e., everyone else; people) don't listen to anyone and now 3 are dead?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2018, 11:56:01 AM »
Georgia DNR Law Enforcement Releases Boating Stats for Operation Dry Water and July 4th

SOCIAL CIRCLE – Earlier today, the Georgia Department of Natural Resources Law Enforcement Division released the boating enforcement statistics for Operation Dry Water and for the July 4th holiday reporting period.

Operation Dry Water, a nationwide initiative of heightened enforcement targeting boating under the influence, took place June 29 - July 1. The mission of Operation Dry Water is to reduce the number of alcohol and drug-related incidents and fatalities through increased recreational boater awareness and by fostering a stronger and more visible deterrent to alcohol use on the water.

During the weekend, 145 Georgia Game Wardens patrolled 51 different waterways and contacted over 3,500 boaters. They issued 142 boating citations and 235 warnings, and removed 10 drunk boaters from the state’s waterways.

From July 3 - 5, Game Wardens across the state were patrolling Georgia’s waterways for the Independence Day holiday. The numbers were better this year than last year, likely due to the 4th falling on a Wednesday and the heavy afternoon thunderstorms in various parts of the state. This year the officers reported no drownings, 11 BUI arrests, eight boating incidents with four injuries and no boating fatalities. The July 4th holiday weekend in 2017 yielded one drowning, 34 BUI arrests, nine boating incidents (one involving alcohol) with five injuries, and no boating fatalities.

As the Summer boating season continues, the Division is committed to educating boaters about safe boating practices, which includes boating sober, and enforcing the state’s boating under the influence laws.

Alcohol is the leading contributing factor in recreational boating deaths, and a major contributor to accidents. Boaters are encouraged to enjoy the boating season by boating sober, wearing a life jacket, and taking a boating education course.

Visit operationdrywater.org or gadnrle.org for more information about boating under the influence.

###

The Georgia Department of Natural Resources Law Enforcement Division is committed to conserving our natural resources and protecting the people we serve through fair and vigorous law enforcement, quality education, and community involvement.

TRUST, FAIRNESS, PROFESSIONALISM.

Mark McKinnon, Public Affairs Officer

Office: (770) 918-6408 

mark.mckinnon@dnr.ga.gov
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2019, 12:04:29 PM »
Fisherman makes grisly discovery in Lake Lanier – van with missing man inside

HALL COUNTY, Ga. - A local fisherman says one of his worst fears was realized during a trip to Lake Lanier.

The fisherman told Channel 2's Tom Regan he discovered a minivan with the body of a man deep inside the lake.

"One of my worst fears is seeing a drowning victim or something out there," said fisherman Jason Millen.
"To come across something like that, it's crazy."

The man inside the van had been reported missing for months.

"It was pretty, pretty eerie," the fisherman said.

Millen set out on the lake Sunday, hoping to reel in a big bass. But when he was about 20 yards from shore, he spotted something shiny under the surface in a cove at the bottom of the lake.

"With my boat, and was right over the top of it, and I noticed it was a van," Millen said.
Thoughts raced through his mind; How did it get here? How long has it been submerged? 

He called for help and noticed a large crack on the windshield. He thinks that happened when a boat ran over the van at some point.

"It looks like an engine or a boat motor went across it," Millen said.

Divers arrived and hooked the van to pull it out of the lake. That's when they discovered Van Dobb's body inside.

The 56-year-old man from Forsyth County had been reported missing since June.

Why his van was in the lake isn't known, but authorities said foul play is not suspected.

Millen said he believes the van was driven into the lake from a dirt road near the shore.

The minivan was found in about 15 feet of water and was covered in algae.

"Since June 5, when this man was missing, I can only imagine how hard that has been on them," Millen said.

The medical examiner said they are trying to determine the cause of the death, and could have results next week.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/fisherman-makes-grisly-discovery-at-lake-lanier-van-with-missing-man-inside/1010705722

« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 02:46:40 PM by Danny Kinder »
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2019, 12:44:25 PM »
Yeah I saw that story this morning.
Bet that was an eerie sight to come up on.
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM